Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

So according to the descriptions the items the villains are holding are power cells for the mech. Also, the prison from the Lobo set can attach itself to the mech which sounds pretty cool

I think Cyborg looks boring, he really needs a leg printing and probably the new arm. 

Everyone's pissed with Killer Frost hair, someone says Quicksilver will do but it's not. Also I think we don't have enough hair pieces in white.

That Flash looks cool with new lines, not familiar with DC Comics stuff atleast he can have the dual molding in the beach set. As for Reverse Flash it's unfortunate that they didn't even give him atleast just printing (if they're not making ny dual molded anymore) 

Lex, is so so, not a fan. I like the flame guy (again, I'm no DC fan) and Cheetah looks hot, does the one in CMF matches her spot or the Tiger suit TLBM? 

Save the best for last, LOBO! He's freaking awesome, love the face print. Minor gripe is leg printing, but can be easily fixed. I think emo boy CMF or the ones with police alien old set stuff the villain could work.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I think Cyborg looks boring, he really needs a leg printing and probably the new arm. 

Everyone's pissed with Killer Frost hair, someone says Quicksilver will do but it's not. Also I think we don't have enough hair pieces in white.

That Flash looks cool with new lines, not familiar with DC Comics stuff atleast he can have the dual molding in the beach set. As for Reverse Flash it's unfortunate that they didn't even give him atleast just printing (if they're not making ny dual molded anymore) 

Lex, is so so, not a fan. I like the flame guy (again, I'm no DC fan) and Cheetah looks hot, does the one in CMF matches her spot or the Tiger suit TLBM? 

Save the best for last, LOBO! He's freaking awesome, love the face print. Minor gripe is leg printing, but can be easily fixed. I think emo boy CMF or the ones with police alien old set stuff the villain could work.

Yeah that Cyborg is a simplified version of what we already have. It's based on the same deaign.

Very basic designs - lego is going backwards. I can't understand why lego hasn't included leg printing and dual moulded legs - for characters with very obvious boots! It's like they get halfway through the design and just stop!

This is definitely one of LEGO's better DC waves.

- The Lobo set is pretty neat. I love Lobo, and I really dig the Space Hog. But the Kryptonite side build, or whatever it's supposed to be, just looks weird to me. Another boring Superman variant too. I wish they'd give us a new variant, there's a lot to choose from. I can't really complain though when it's a very good £20 set. I'll definitely pick this one up.

- The Lex Mech is pretty good, actually. It's pretty bulky, and perhaps a bit too colourful for me, but it's still a decent build. The figures I have mixed feelings about. Firstly, I really hate how they always put Lex in some stupid armor. The 2012 figure is my favourite Lex, simply because it's just Lex in a normal suit. I guess for kids having Lex in some bulky armor adds to some of the play value, since in a kids mind maybe Lex won't die from getting punched by Superman if he's in some armor rather than just in a suit, but it really annoys me how they stick him in some stupid armor all the time. The Wonder Woman figure is great, no complaints there. The Batman figure is awesome, though I wish it came with a cape so he doesn't look so weird when he's not attached the wings, but it isn't exactly hard to get a cape from an older Batman figure and stick it on that one. Cheetah sucks. I don't like the black legs on her, and the figure seems much more bland than I thought she would be. Disappointing there. Firestorm is great, looks more or less like the Firestorm out of the CW shows, so no complaints there. Well, he could've had some dual-molded legs...

- The Speed Force Pursuit set is definitely my favourite of the trio. The Cyborg helicopter looks very sleek using that grey, silver and red colour scheme, and not too over the top like some DC vehicles can be. The Killer Frost plough though is atrocious. It's completely unnecessary, looks ugly, and doesn't even offer much to the play value either. I like the sticker on the front, though. What sells this set for me though is the figures. Firstly, Reverse Flash. If any of you have seen me on the DC Superheroes threads before, you probably know I've been waiting for a Reverse Flash for ages. And, LEGO has delivered. A great figure, and ticks pretty much all the boxes for me, though I have 2 minor complaints... Firstly, no dual molded legs. That sucks. Secondly, while this is a minor complaint, since I'm glad they had the thought to give him the red eyes, I wish they kind of used a red band around the head like they use for Batman figures for the eyes, so it lined up a bit more with the Reverse Flash from the TV Show, but this is a very minor nitpick. Love the Flash figure, really dig how they added some lightning-esque lines to the suit, looks neat. Cyborg is great, reminds of the Cyborg from the first Injustice game. Killer Frost is... meh. It reminds me a lot of the Louise Lincoln version from the Batman: Assault on Arkham animated film, but I would've much preferred a Caitlin Snow version. Not just because it would fit with the TV Show a bit more, but also because I don't particularly like the Louise Lincoln look.

Overall, a pretty great wave. Cheap sets, great minifigs, pretty impressive builds. Nice work, LEGO.

Would this be a good hairpiece for killer frost? [/Img] the evil wig in white. Don't know why picture won't load.

I really love all the beams and blasts. They add much fun in superhero world. Hopefully they will be available in bnp asap, i want lots of them. Those fireblasts from your feet (on firestorm) are outstanding.

you dc people should be lucky with all these new characters!

Edited by Borex
Picture doesn't show up

Just now, Borex said:

Would this be a good hairpiece for killer frost? [/Img] the evil wig in white. Don't know why picture won't load.

I really love all the beams and blasts. They add much fun in superhero world. Hopefully they will be available in bnp asap, i want lots of them. Those fireblasts from your feet (on firestorm) are outstanding.

you dc people should be lucky with all these new characters!

I know right! These pieces are incredible. Adds so much "superheroes" feel into it.

Imagine that in Ironman's thrusters on feet! Webbing for Spiderman and those new power blast (if that's a powet blast) insane new pieces.

Truly they are lucky, and I'm kinda jealous. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Truly they are lucky, and I'm kinda jealous. 

Me too haha

So 2018 might be an interesting year for DC sets, I guess they are linked to JLA but we'll just have to wait for Comic Con eh ?

I might be adding these sets to my collection, I would if there will be any large sets or will they be all these small to medium-ish size ?

@Deathstroke77 Having Lex Luthor in his "stupid" armor is a big part of his character and that design is really great. It just didn't translate well in Lego. That Firestorm is Jason Rusch. Well the Killer Frost we're getting is Caitlyn Snow from the comics. I really think they should've done her with her coat on. It's similar to the one in CW so the fans of the show would like it as well

41 minutes ago, lightningtiger said:

So 2018 might be an interesting year for DC sets, I guess they are linked to JLA but we'll just have to wait for Comic Con eh ?

I might be adding these sets to my collection, I would if there will be any large sets or will they be all these small to medium-ish size ?

These sets aren't based off Justice League Action. (Getting confused on what JLA you guys are reffering to:laugh:)

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

So according to the descriptions the items the villains are holding are power cells for the mech. Also, the prison from the Lobo set can attach itself to the mech which sounds pretty cool

Huh, that sounds cool, I missed that when I first read over the article. I wonder where it would attach itself? Since we haven't seen the back of the mech I have feeling it will go there.

Well, I actually really like these sets. I loved the Justice League-centric sets of 2015, and these are very reminiscent of those. I might try to get all of them, but being the CW Flash fan that I am I'll definitely pick up the LexMech for Firestorm and the Reverse-Flash set for Flash, RF, and Killer Frost.

39 minutes ago, BatofGotham said:

These sets aren't based off Justice League Action. (Getting confused on what JLA you guys are reffering to:laugh:)

True, on looking into Lex Luthor's minifig printing, it's from a comic book version of JL where he becomes a member of JL.

I'm probably the only one who likes Killer Frost,I think her hair fits her.

And I agree that the lack of leg printing is annoying.

But overall the sets ain't that bad.

6 minutes ago, lightningtiger said:

True, on looking into Lex Luthor's minifig printing, it's from a comic book version of JL where he becomes a member of JL.

It debuted in Forever Evil and continued during his brief time in JL. Personally It's the best looking armor Lex has so I'm really disappointed on how the minifig turned out

Just now, LOTR34 said:

I'm probably the only one who likes Killer Frost,I think her hair fits her.

And I agree that the lack of leg printing is annoying.

But overall the sets ain't that bad.

The reason people hate that fig so much is because her hair in the comics (which it's based on) looks nothing like that at all

Just now, BatofGotham said:

The reason people hate that fig so much is because her hair in the comics (which it's based on) looks nothing like that at all

I know but since I'm not a fan of her comic book version I don't have any problem with this minifig.

Edited by LOTR34

I'm pretty disappointed that Lobo doesn't have printed legs. But it's still a great minifig!!!! Day 1 for me.

3 minutes ago, BatofGotham said:

It debuted in Forever Evil and continued during his brief time in JL. Personally It's the best looking armor Lex has so I'm really disappointed on how the minifig turned out

For Lex, I would suggest using the green or trans-green armour from Nexo Knights :classic:

5 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

For Lex, I would suggest using the green or trans-green armour from Nexo Knights :classic:

Not familiar with anything outside DC:laugh: What does it look like?

Whoah, big news all of the sudden! :excited:

These sets are really amazing if you ask me. 
And, of course, those minifigs :drool: There's so many new and updated ones and they're all fantastic! 
I don't care much for Lobo, Cheetah, Killer Frost, Firestorm and Krypto myself, but it's great that they're finally there and they're terrific!
Lovin' Reverse Flash on the other hand :wub:

I also think it's great they made new variants for Wonder Woman, Batman Flash, Cyborg, Superman (even though he only has a different hairstyle) and Lex Luthor.

This looks to be an awesome year once again!

Regards,
Mitch

After seeing better pictures of these sets, they're not as bad as I initially thought upon looking at the first pictures. Of course, the figures, being the main draw of these sets, are all very well done, though it would have been nice if some came with new dual molded leg color combinations. I only wish this wave came with even more newly recolored canopies, since I feel they could have done the Lex Mech's canopy in Trans. Light Green instead, and the X Wing canopy on Cyborg's Copter in Trans. Red. :sceptic:

But those Trans. Light Green canopies in the Superman/Lobo set are nice, since I was hoping for some transparent recolors of that particular part after it introduction in Nexo Knight sets this year. But honestly, Scooby Doo Krypto is the best part of that set. :grin:

By the way, does that vehicle of Killer Frost's remind anyone of that 2008 Mr. Freeze buggy? :wacko:

7884-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

6 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I understand that Lego doesn't make yellow hips anymore, but it's a shame Reverse Flash is going to be bright orange instead of yellow. 

You say that.... but this guy had them! ^^ So they're not totally against it.

31912826934_f814afae3c.jpg

In some ways though, I think Reverse Flash looks fine in the colour he is. I think normal yellow could be a little overwhelming without anything to break it up on the arms or legs, but then again, maybe not! Either way, they all look like they're wearing onesies without leg printing or dual moulded legs. Superhero pajama party time!

Edited by Catanas