Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Here follows are the current confirmed upcoming Lego DC Superheroes themed sets, for early 2018:

January Wave:

#76096: Superman Krypto Team-Up - $19.99

• Pieces: ??

35083120824_5141dc0d27_c.jpg

35882046066_809b7ec1bf.jpg

#76097: Lex Luthor Mech Takedown - $39.99

35882045776_66bf9eef91_c.jpg

#76098: Speed Force Freeze Pursuit - $29.99

35882044466_a4c32d6faa_c.jpg

35083120014_9a02f387d3.jpg

...They're ok at best, but still a little disappointed. Builds are better than the minifigures for the most part, wait did I just say that?

Killer frost, what did they do? She needed the spiky white hair, it's like they had a whole bunch of extra Magpie hairpieces left from the Lego batman movie sets and decided to give her that... Flash, really? I'm not even going to say anything about him. Reverse flash looks decent, cyborg has a new variant... I'm shocked that we already have 3 cyborg variants in less than three years. While flash, in four years, has only two. The builds in this set are actually good.

Lex luthor mech is actually the highlight of the wave for me. It's a very neat build, props to lego for remaking a set and being able to pull off a better build. Cheetah.. that hair doesn't work for you. The plain black legs should bother me, but it's fine. Firestorm is ok for the most part, could've been worse. Batman and Wonder Woman have new variants! That's good, I'm happy about that. Wonder Woman seems to have the new face from that exclusive book. A good set overall.

Superman, you just can't get a break. First, they don't give him a new variant for the justice league sets, and now he just looks boring. Lobo looks surprisingly good, the aqua man hair piece works for him. The builds are decent, not bad at all. Krypto looks great! Reminds me of scooby and it works. 

The whole wave overall: 7/10

The Lex mech set is awful! Not only is the build bad the figures are boring. The Cyborg set is ok, build is bad but I expected that, great figs though. My favorite is the Superman set, build is ok, but figures are fantastic. Good thing the sets are cheap too. 

@J4ck My Juniors comment is more so directed towards Killer Frost's vehicle, which I find to be rather lacking, whereas Cyborg's helicopter is better than some builds. Of all of the builds, I feel as if Lex Luthor's mech is the most substantial build of the wave, while 76098's are weaker and at a higher price than 76096 to be less desirable. Alas, I am just hoping for a wave where the builds are worthy and not dependent on the minifigures.

Small and simple that's why it feels like a Juniors line.

The only thing that is awesome in this wave is LOBO set, and price is nice too. Wouldn't be surprised if the other two will be pricey since it has a lot of new piece and new figs.

3 minutes ago, kastorskorner said:

They will be 19.99(lobo), 29.99(flash), and 39.99(Lex)

Boom there ya go. 40 bucks for 5 figs. Win win I guess.

It frustrates me that Wonder Women is the only figure with any kind of leg detailing, especially looking at figures like Cheetah. Two-toned legs for Batman (grey/black), Superman (blue/red), Firestorm and Flash (red/yellow) already exist so I'm OK with those but LEGO really needs to step up their game with leg printing in Superheroes sets.

Anyways, I like the new power-blast type pieces and it's cool we're getting Rebirth variants of characters.

Edited by Rookie875

20 minutes ago, kastorskorner said:

They will be 19.99(lobo).

Noice. I'll wait for a 25% sale, and I'll gladly pay $15 for Lobo, Krypto and the parts.

I really want to see clearer pictures of Cheetah, Firestorm, Lobo, and Killer Frost's other face. I'm glad they gave Cheetah a tail, but I hope they printed spots on her face since they didn't print on her arms.

Well, these aren't JLAction based. Whaddya know? :tongue:

I guess I'm more mixed than anything. The Lobo set is pretty good all around, except for that Superman figure. Really? If we don't count Mighty Micros and Comic Cons, Cyborg now has just as many costumes (with maybe one more coming in TLBM) and Wonder Woman has twice the amount. Lobo is fantastic though, and I really love how expressive Krypto is. It would be inaccurate to the movie, but I wonder if Wonder Dog will get the same treatment? Either way, I hope Ace is on the way.

The Lex mech is interesting. Maybe a bit overdetailed, but it seems like a good base for some tweaking. I find the minifigures disapointing though. Firestorm seems good (I really wasn't expecting Jason; that's a nice surprise), but Rebirth Batman definitely needs a cape (that's my favorite part of his design; it just really pops). Wonder Woman looks like a cheaper version of the excellent Gal Gadot figures and I really don't understand why everyone is so excited for her getting a new face; it looks like something from World City to me. I guess Lex is fine for Lex, and Cheetah's hairpiece is a bit boring. I guess I just need better images all around here.

Cyborg's helicopter is better than it has business being, but I guess the issues here have been well pounded already. It looks like Cyborg has the headpiece from the Flying Fox. Aside from boots I don't really think Flash needs more variants, at least not in a set which includes Reverse-Flash. It would just be silly if they were released together and didn't match. I'd love one of Wally's costumes though.

You really can't beat those prices though, and with TLBM getting moar stuff, it's not looking like too bad of a winter for DC LEGO.

Any idea where those larger images of Krypto and Killer Frost came from, or why it's only them?

Are Cheetah, Firestorm and Reverse Flash bright orange? What do you reckon? I need to know before ordering any dual molded/different legs for them

Just now, Super Fish Oil said:

Any idea where those larger images of Krypto and Killer Frost came from, or why it's only them?

LEGO Sent them all out, Fobes just picked to run those two. I Have them all just waiting for the OK to run them on our site.

Nice to FINALLY get Reverse Flash - I've been waiting ever since Lego Batman 2!

The builds are alright but what's most interesting is all the new parts - there's so many! I guess they're trying to make power blasts into a full on game with shields and other blasts.

Out of all of these, Killer Frost is most disappointing - that hair doesn't fit at all. Superman's a bit of a let down as well. Otherwise, figures look good.

Kinda seems like they're doing the same thing as they did when Suicide Squad came out - casually release comic book versions of characters in an upcoming movie/show. Which I don't mind at all, as I do enjoy the CW shows a great deal and have been waiting for sets. It's clear lego sees a demand - I'm just not sure what's stopping official sets.

7 minutes ago, kastorskorner said:

LEGO Sent them all out, Fobes just picked to run those two. I Have them all just waiting for the OK to run them on our site.

Ah, thanks. I'll keep a lookout. :classic:

43 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

Have we seen circular nets before?

In the original Spider-Man sets yes, but they were rougher looking around the edges. 

9 minutes ago, Shahennian said:

Are Cheetah, Firestorm and Reverse Flash bright orange? What do you reckon? I need to know before ordering any dual molded/different legs for them

Cheetah and Reverse Flash appear to be Light Bright Orange (RF especially so). I'm unsure about Firestorm, but he looks standard yellow. 

Just now, Captain Nemo said:

In the original Spider-Man sets yes, but they were rougher looking around the edges. 

Cheetah and Reverse Flash appear to be Light Bright Orange (RF especially so). I'm unsure about Firestorm, but he looks standard yellow. 

http://kastorskorner.com/wp/lego-reveals-2018-dc-superheroes-sets/

I have all the set details here as well as close ups on the the minifigures if you want to add to your first post

Not the biggest DC fan, so don't really famcy these sets. Nice to see the new X-wing canopy on Cyborg's helicopter.

Batman has stubble on his chin!

They look a lot better in the close ups to be honest. And I'm glad they gave Flash a little bit of new printing at least! And I really like the flame pieces in the legs on Firestorm! I'm also quite interested to see what the purpose of the power units is.

Edited by Catanas

Wow looking at the close ups i think the the wonder women one wear it looks like she is deflecting the bullet looks amazing. These mini figures look incredible too. Fire storm is using ghost riders head and is the Jason Rusch I think. The power unit apparently powers up lex's mech

Edited by Falconfan1414

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Wow looking at the close ups i think the the wonder women one wear it looks like she is deflecting the bullet looks amazing.

That's got to be one of the best lego set photos out there. At first I wasn't sure about the new pieces, but they look great!