28 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Looks like it is coming along well, I see the back panels look good.

Why are the liftarms behind air intake black?

Thanks.

The liftarms are black due to not having the color in orange. They are on order thou. i thought it would be interesting to have it as part of the paint scheme since the the long fairing doesn't come in orange yet. 

A quick progress shot. With the major panels in place, I seperated the rear and passanger body to make it easier to rotate it around while building.

800x600.jpg

24 minutes ago, Isamudyson said:

The liftarms are black due to not having the color in orange. They are on order thou. i thought it would be interesting to have it as part of the paint scheme since the the long fairing doesn't come in orange yet. 

I was pretty sure it was temporary. Small fact, I have had the opportunity to see 3 of these beasts in life. One in a service shop, one at a car show #506, and one that had never been driven by it's owner, 60 miles on it.

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

I was pretty sure it was temporary. Small fact, I have had the opportunity to see 3 of these beasts in life. One in a service shop, one at a car show #506, and one that had never been driven by it's owner, 60 miles on it.

Yeah which is why i would like to have everything in one color but lots of the parts don't come in the same color like the fenders. 

Yeah i've seen it in life as well. When i was a consultant one of my clients was a porsche dealership. put together their IT infrastructure when they had a brand new shop built by porsche. It was a beautiful car.

So was able to get the rear end shaped out a bit along with the placement of the spoiler. I am going to run into a issue with how to make it liftable.

Here's a picture with the engine cover off. 

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

I only have realistically 4 stud length of space between the end of the rear axle and the bumper. This is with a different module that i would use for a PF function version. The regular module included the shift for D N R. I put it in the rear instead of the passenger compartment since the the car only has it electronic. 

I was able to come up with a solution with the non shift module but i am not sure how i can do it with the other one. 

800x600.jpg

Here's a shot of how the 2 modules looks like.

640x829.jpg

I can always just leave out the shifter but would like to have it built with a choice to choose one or the other with out major modifications to the bumper or the spoiler section.

Did some updates to the rear panels. Here's a comparison to 42056. I'm finding the hardest part right now is with how the hood is going to look like.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

The car looks pretty good. As some advice, the bottom corners of the rear should be more round, and in overral all the rear. The trick is to place the panels in different angles using angle connectors AND bend liftarms/beams placed in angle connection

Loving the progress, but if the Orange flexis were available in 5 mm, that would shape the car.

Nice to see how this is evolving into your very own design :thumbup:! The only module I still recognize, is my improved paddle shifter unit.

Good luck getting the bodywork together!

On 8/23/2017 at 11:14 PM, Jonfensu said:

The car looks pretty good. As some advice, the bottom corners of the rear should be more round, and in overral all the rear. The trick is to place the panels in different angles using angle connectors AND bend liftarms/beams placed in angle connection

I've tried a number of combinations to get the correct curve. Since i'm keeping the entire rear bumper as one assembly there is a limited amount of connection point combinations. There are only 3 connection points between the bumper and the main frame. I Will probably try and use soft axles as long as it keeps the gaps to a minimum. 

19 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Loving the progress, but if the Orange flexis were available in 5 mm, that would shape the car.

I wish there were shorter soft axles in orange. shortest one seems to be 12L. I may try to use them.

6 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Nice to see how this is evolving into your very own design :thumbup:! The only module I still recognize, is my improved paddle shifter unit.

Good luck getting the bodywork together!

@Didumos69Thanks. Surprisingly i can still use a slightly modified version of your rear axle since i based the majority of the connection points on it. 

Just now, LvdH said:

You could also try rigid hoses, or even ribbed hoses. 

I think as long as they are in orange which i would need to get some to try out

A quick little picture update on the paneling. Haven't had much time to work on it. I don't really like how the hood looks and getting the curve down from the fenders are troubling me

800x600.jpg

I haven't had time to sit down and do any building so started testing out front end shaping through LDD. 

So far its not really looking like the 918 but looks like a front end the 42056 should've had. 800x468.jpg

Look from this point - using LDD will enable your pieces to last longer :wink:

On 9/14/2017 at 1:34 PM, I_Igor said:

Look from this point - using LDD will enable your pieces to last longer :wink:

That is true. I'm also missing a number of parts now that i have come up with what i hope will be the hood. Will have to make a order for them.

640x381.jpg

was able to do a practical build of the hood with what parts i had and realized 2 things. the Front axles are 1 stud too short on each side and the inside wheel arc panel hits the wheels when the hood opens. :(  when not open it looks great thou.  I have to now redo how the that inside arc will be.

On 9/15/2017 at 11:02 PM, Isamudyson said:

That is true. I'm also missing a number of parts now that i have come up with what i hope will be the hood. Will have to make a order for them.

this is smart decision, so you buy only what you need :thumbup:

21 hours ago, letsbuild said:

The hood looks really good, but the headlights are too round.

You can see that they're not circles on the real car.

Oh, the limits of lego are not strong in details I see. It would need specific parts for that.