23 hours ago, letsbuild said:

The hood looks really good, but the headlights are too round.

You can see that they're not circles on the real car.

Yes i know the headlights are too round. There is a very limited options on replicating them. There is only 1 part that i can possibly use but i don't have it and have not found any alternate options as of yet.

While i await for parts to arrive, i decided to start on the PF modules. It was tricky putting in the motor into the same space where the gear box used to be. I also don't think i will be able to fit a fake engine in there as well. 

640x398.jpg

I have 2 L motors and 2 XL motors but can only choose one setup as i don't have enough parts to build both modules. Probably going to have to swap the 2 L motors for 2 XL instead as i believe due to the weight the L motor will be too weak. hopefully i can setup the frame to easily change the motors out.

800x600.jpg

Parts came in and after some time assembly, I realize I need even more parts since I made modifications on the LDD file after I put the order in lol

with what I got I was able to finish the front end sans the headlights. The hood is off because I made the front axles wider and there is a berm that's now one stud too high so the hood is hitting it. Will make the changes soon so it fits smoothly

800x600.jpg

i think other than the headlights, engine cover paneling and rebuilding one of the doors, I will be finished. Then I can concentrate on the PF modules and maybe rebuild it (leaving the paneling connections) and making it into a sturdy non modular car

I love how this is turning out, it's looking better and better every time I check in! Definitely one of the better threads to follow! 

6 hours ago, letsbuild said:

Wow! It's much more recognizable now! Good job!

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Very nice, would love to see if finished.

Thanks! I would love to see this finished as well. It's closing in on a year since I started the planning on this project

Just now, DugaldIC said:

I love how this is turning out, it's looking better and better every time I check in! Definitely one of the better threads to follow! 

Thanks! Your Aston build has provided me with a lot of techniques and solutions to this build

So I am basically done albeit some minor adjustments to the shaping. It's been a tiring frustrating ordeal but fun at the same time. 

There's a major issue with the front and I believe its due to weight/shock strength. Don't know if I'm ever going to solve in this configuration. Without the hood there was still some spring but once that went on splat, flat on the ground. The rear thou doesn't have the issues thou. The main difference is that I am using 4 red springs in the rear and 2 red/2yellow in the front. I don't believe the red and yellow has any difference in spring strength so it most likely has to do with the placement. The hood connections could also be better but I can't seem to figure out how to improve it while keeping its shape.  

While I fret over theses details, Here some photos for you to enjoy until I get to settling down and learn how to make a quick video. 

Any suggestions on how to fix the front suspension would be great. The "easiest" fix would be to just rebuild the entire underbody as one chassis instead of modular

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

On 9/22/2017 at 8:22 AM, DugaldIC said:

Totally agree... great progress!!

8 hours ago, Isamudyson said:

So I am basically done albeit some minor adjustments to the shaping. It's been a tiring frustrating ordeal but fun at the same time. 

There's a major issue with the front and I believe its due to weight/shock strength. Don't know if I'm ever going to solve in this configuration. Without the hood there was still some spring but once that went on splat, flat on the ground. The rear thou doesn't have the issues thou. The main difference is that I am using 4 red springs in the rear and 2 red/2yellow in the front. I don't believe the red and yellow has any difference in spring strength so it most likely has to do with the placement. The hood connections could also be better but I can't seem to figure out how to improve it while keeping its shape.  

While I fret over theses details, Here some photos for you to enjoy until I get to settling down and learn how to make a quick video. 

Any suggestions on how to fix the front suspension would be great. The "easiest" fix would be to just rebuild the entire underbody as one chassis instead of modular

Hi @Isamudyson, I would highly suggest simply adding torsion bar to your front suspension. With a build this size, it is important to have at least 2 shocks per wheel to hold the weight. If not though, you can use torsion to fix the issue even with a single spring. 

For reference, you can see how torsion bar works in these 2 photos. The first one shows an axle connected to the top suspension arm, and it is leveraged with the 2x 3Long skinny beam https://photos.app.goo.gl/vHSWCG2gLzhzeQUj1

The second photo shows how the axle is connected to the arms. Hope this helps :wink:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/qAawcnWTfwKJHgGU2

1 hour ago, Lox Lego said:

Totally agree... great progress!!

Hi @Isamudyson, I would highly suggest simply adding torsion bar to your front suspension. With a build this size, it is important to have at least 2 shocks per wheel to hold the weight. If not though, you can use torsion to fix the issue even with a single spring. 

For reference, you can see how torsion bar works in these 2 photos. The first one shows an axle connected to the top suspension arm, and it is leveraged with the 2x 3Long skinny beam https://photos.app.goo.gl/vHSWCG2gLzhzeQUj1

The second photo shows how the axle is connected to the arms. Hope this helps :wink:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/qAawcnWTfwKJHgGU2

Thanks for the info. I'm actually using 2 shocks per wheel in this as you can see in the picture below. Other than the different color springs I can only say the most likely issue is the configuration. There's a over abundance in parts as I have it set to easily take apart. Something I would show in a video when I get a chance. I suspect if I built just a solid chassis it would be better? As I have it set to be modular I may try and build a new front axle that has a torsion bar as well 

800x600.jpg

Edited by Isamudyson

So I believe this is the final version of this build.

I attempted to fix the ground clearance for the front of the car. The front axle was rebuilt using the shock configuration @Didumos69 created for the ultimate 42056. Also did some weight reduction. Was able to knock off almost 70 parts, most of it from the front end. It definitely helped as i was able to improve the ground clearance from 0 to almost 1/2 a stud LOL. now it can roll on the floor without scrapping the front.

800x600.jpg

Part of the weight reduction i have also improved the windshield connection. Before it was weak and wasn't very fluid. Its now better integrated into the passenger body and allows me to remove the steering column with out affecting the windshield.

I realized i don't have any video equipment other than my phone so i will just provide some clearer pictures.

800x1067.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

The rear spoiler Is manually operated

640x360.jpg

Close up of the rebuilt windshield connection

800x600.jpg

With the rear engine cover removed

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

With all major panels removed and the front end removed.

800x1067.jpg

The frame with all the panels removed.

800x1067.jpg800x1067.jpg800x1067.jpg

I have to say this was a very enjoyable build as it being my first completed build ever. After spending almost a year on it i have grown attached and don't know if i'm willing to take it apart. I have event though of rebuilding the frame from module to a stronger/lighter frame or adding Power functions.

And the result is awesome!! Hats off for the determination you've shown in this project!

One thing: For my taste your images have a little too much depth. They're taken from too nearby. I would take a little more distance and zoom in or crop the images later.

Just now, Didumos69 said:

And the result is awesome!! Hats off for the determination you've shown in this project!

One thing: For my taste your images have a little too much depth. They're taken from too nearby. I would take a little more distance and zoom in or crop the images later.

Thanks! my original goal was to make something that i think the original 42056 should've been. Actually showing how the car is put together and easy to take apart.

The pictures are not my favorite as they are taken with my phone. I have to find my dslr and take much better pictures with an actual white background and better lighting. 

31 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Other than the B pillar, i like it!

Thanks.  I wish i can do more with the b pillar since that is also where the roof panels would sit.

This is true supercar :thumbup:

Edited by I_Igor

was able to do a render of the frame without the panels to show the construction along with a exploded view of how things come together800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

Very nice renders :thumbup: It ended up as really well made moc and it looks so smooth and simple (but it is not simple and not easy at all to build it)

Have you created some type of instructions? As it has mostly been done on LDD, there must be some way you can generate some instructions? As far as my knowledge goes, LDD can self generate its own instructions...

Hi, @Scoar Sonander and welcome to EB.

Please read the site guidelines and try not to revive old topics, unless there is something important to add. For instructions, there is always better to send the author a PM.