VBBN

Star Wars Constraction 2018 Discussion & Rumors

Looks like the Range Trooper will be my last ever SW constraction set then :( It's a pity, there's so much potential for new trooper builds from the Solo movie like we got from Rogue One.

17 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Looks like the Range Trooper will be my last ever SW constraction set then :( It's a pity, there's so much potential for new trooper builds from the Solo movie like we got from Rogue One.

Yeah... and that's a bummer 'cause I have almost all the Stormtrooper-type sets and they have been getting progressively more and more boring to me. Some are cool, like my Shoretrooper Captain and OT Stormie, but the build is so darn bland after... 7, 8 sets? I dunno, I was hoping for a bigger last hurrah for the line, but we'll see what the future holds.

5 hours ago, JoeyB said:

Yeah... and that's a bummer 'cause I have almost all the Stormtrooper-type sets and they have been getting progressively more and more boring to me. Some are cool, like my Shoretrooper Captain and OT Stormie, but the build is so darn bland after... 7, 8 sets? I dunno, I was hoping for a bigger last hurrah for the line, but we'll see what the future holds.

The AT-RT would've been a good "last hurrah", but alas :(

Anyone want to explain to me why Darth Maul is 39.99 compared to Han and the Range trooper who are both 29.99?

Especially when Maul only has 3 more pieces than either set? (104-101)

Thanks for the video reviews.

I think the Range Trooper will be a good parts pack for me, depending on the price (maybe I'll wait until I can get it in a sale).

I love the action feature for Darth Maul. Its probably my favorite action feature on any constraction figure. It just looks so life like.

yesterday i build both Han Solo and the Range Trooper.

They both impressed me. Both are excellent. The only thing i did was change their guns a little so they are more practical.

I need 2 more range troopers :)

Thanks for posting those reviews. The Range Trooper is an easy snag for me (parts pack). I wasn’t planning on Darth Maul, but seeing that function in action might change my mind....

I've recently bought Darth Vader. At less than 25€, that was a hard pass. The torso build is interesting, but not as interesting as the first one. It looks much better, though. I'm not too convinced by the use of Technic panels, but they're covered by the cloth pieces, so it's not too bothering. What is bothering, however, is the terrible articulation of the legs. The knees can't even bend at 90°, and because of the Technic panels, the movement of the hips is absurdly limited too. It's a shame, because he looks much better than the 2015 version. I particularly like the subtle metallic dots printed on his torso, arms and legs, it's a nice detail.

BTW, his head and helmet parts bear a ©2016 mention, so a redesign was apparently planned quite soon after the release of the first version.

On 5/30/2018 at 2:40 PM, Leewan said:

I've recently bought Darth Vader. At less than 25€, that was a hard pass. The torso build is interesting, but not as interesting as the first one. It looks much better, though. I'm not too convinced by the use of Technic panels, but they're covered by the cloth pieces, so it's not too bothering. What is bothering, however, is the terrible articulation of the legs. The knees can't even bend at 90°, and because of the Technic panels, the movement of the hips is absurdly limited too. It's a shame, because he looks much better than the 2015 version. I particularly like the subtle metallic dots printed on his torso, arms and legs, it's a nice detail.

BTW, his head and helmet parts bear a ©2016 mention, so a redesign was apparently planned quite soon after the release of the first version.

For what it's worth, compared to a character like Luke or most of the prequel Jedi, I don't really remember Vader striking that many dynamic action poses in the movies themselves, either. So perhaps for that reason the designers focused less on articulation and more on the shaping of the figure for this one.

I haven't build my new Vader yet, but it's good to know this.

Since he's going to replace version 1 in the showcase, poor leg articluation won't bother me that much. It's unfortunate, but not a deal breaker for me.

So... The Clone Wars is coming back. That's nice. After all the doom and gloom I've heard for the "cancelled" B2 and AR-RT, do you think they'll be released now after the positive reception to the news?

15 hours ago, JoeyB said:

So... The Clone Wars is coming back. That's nice. After all the doom and gloom I've heard for the "cancelled" B2 and AR-RT, do you think they'll be released now after the positive reception to the news?

I'm hoping that they were just pushed back until next year, rather than them being cancelled. It would make sense to push them back and release them closer to the release of the new Clone Wars season.

It's very possible that they've been delayed. After all, googling their respectives EAN codes give links to an increasing number of online stores, where the Super Battle Droid is listed with a price of about 30€, and the AT-RT is 70€.

But for now, we're in August, and these sets are nowhere to be seen, so it's more reasonable to assume they've actually been canceled, unfortunately.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:20 PM, Agent Kallus said:

Range Trooper review

<snip>

Darth Maul review 

<snip>

Thanks for posting these; I still haven't yet decided if I want to go ahead and pick up 75537 Maul or not, but I'm currently still holding out hope of modding his elbows into something decently presentable whilst still maintaining the uniqueness of his gear function, and I'm thinking that I'll take a chance on that. 75536 Range Trooper is stellar.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:01 PM, JoeyB said:

Theoretically, it's a possibility that might still come around, but I can't see TLG reversing a decision to cancel a kit due to fan reception, and I don't know if it's too late to reverse the process and bring 75538 and 75539 to consumers as originally planned. It might be that they've been scrapped once and thus "scrapped for good", but I will say that I sincerely hope that that is not the case. The strongest reason for pulling them back and releasing the two figures is the revival of TCW, but it's worth noting that it's usually only system kits that benefit from these sorts of media tie-ins, as evidenced by the anecdotal reports that system sets that tied in with TFA and TLJ have sold significantly better than the respective constraction kits. That said, there's a big difference between what we see anecdotally and what TLG sees as a corporate entity on the back end, and so it's possible that they have more faith in the benefit of a TCW revival than we do. :def_shrug:

The real issue is whether or not there is a market for constraction as a whole, and while I have no idea as to what 2019 will bring, it's abundantly clear that 2018 has been very discouraging.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:54 AM, Leewan said:

It's very possible that they've been delayed. After all, googling their respectives EAN codes give links to an increasing number of online stores, where the Super Battle Droid is listed with a price of about 30€, and the AT-RT is 70€.

But for now, we're in August, and these sets are nowhere to be seen, so it's more reasonable to assume they've actually been canceled, unfortunately.

I've noticed that, and I'd hope that the correlation there is implicitly tied to something more than Google's latency in picking up sites that had previously listed the sets, before they were canceled. I have the UPC codes as well, and I haven't seen anything so far with regards to the NA side of things, but there's nothing more to suggest that they've been canceled or indefinitely put off; if anything, now, it's starting to look as though the could be coming out next year.

We know that they were originally due out in August, so they're definitely not coming out now, but it's tough to tell what the future could look like.

10 hours ago, nocruoro said:

Does anyone think that lego should attempt to create a Yoda figure in ccbs style like the others?

No, not really. All faces of those figures looked awful, I don't think Yoda is going to be any exception.

On 12/27/2019 at 7:39 AM, GREG998 said:

Thus a pity they canceled this product line. Usualy i don't buy sets, i buy only parts for my work on Greg998.com. But i've Bought 3 of them recently (Jango Fett, Darth Vader 2nd version and a Death Trooper). They look very good and wisely enginered.

I read somewhere a set including a walker thing and a  Clone Phase 2 was canceled at last minute. Too bad, Phase 2 Clones are my favorite.

Yeah I'm still mega pissed about that - we were gonna get a super battle droid and a clone trooper with an AT-RT walker:

https://www.rebelscum.com/story/lego/LEGO_Buildable_Figures_Have_They_Been_Cancelled_179851.asp

Edited by Bartybum