VBBN

Star Wars Constraction 2018 Discussion & Rumors

On 11/6/2017 at 10:35 AM, Leewan said:

144 pieces sounds like a lot, even if his jetpack is Technic-heavy. What's your source for that info ?

Anyways, yeah, it could be only a matter of weeks before we get a confirmation of that. The US Store Calendar says the new sets will be out on the 25th (of November), I suppose that includes Star Wars as well.

Now, it's Target. :)

75533: 144 pieces

75534: 168 pieces

75537: 104 pieces

Edited by Azani

11 hours ago, Leewan said:

So there are sand green shells after all. That should make @TwistLaw happy. :grin:

Believe it or not, as soon as I saw the picture on 4chan (that is literally 3 minutes ago) the second thing I thought was "I need to spread my joy at EB" :head_back:

The first, of course, was that finally I can make something in that sweet shade. :wub:

3 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Boba fett really is just a Jango recolor with some pieces changed. At least they're good recolors.

Legit, it includes ~60 more pieces and a different helmet, jetpack, lower back, legs, and gun.

54 minutes ago, Azani said:

Legit, it includes ~60 more pieces and a different helmet, jetpack, lower back, legs, and gun.

You're right I thought the jetpack was the exact same build. I was mistaken

Oh well, 2 3M shells is better than nothing like we initially thought. Also those small panel pieces are pretty good for armouring.

Add these to Llloyd's dragon's feet and a small sand green parts pool is building up.

Edited by Shakar

I almost forgot about this guy already again, but now I'm looking forward to him.

I passed on Jango back then, but Boba is a favourite of mine, so there.

On 23/08/2017 at 6:18 PM, Azani said:

JANUARY

75533 Boba Fett - 25€

75534 Darth Vader - 35€

APRIL

75535 (Han Solo Film) (Likely Han Solo) - 25€

75536 (Han Solo Film) (Likely Beckett)- 25€

75537 Darth Maul - 25€

I know the above prices for certain.

-Azani

I hope you're right, because I found the following prices on a Canadian website, and it suggests Vader, Fett and Maul are more expensive than expected :

75533 - 39,99$

75534 - 49,99$

75535 - 29,99$

75536 - 29,99$

75537 - 39,99$

To compare with the latest sets, the same site lists the TIE Pilot at 24,99$, Rey and the Praetorian Guard at 29,99$, and Chewbacca at 44,99$ (which is the same price as on the s@h).

12 hours ago, Leewan said:

I hope you're right, because I found the following prices on a Canadian website, and it suggests Vader, Fett and Maul are more expensive than expected :

75533 - 39,99$

75534 - 49,99$

75535 - 29,99$

75536 - 29,99$

75537 - 39,99$

To compare with the latest sets, the same site lists the TIE Pilot at 24,99$, Rey and the Praetorian Guard at 29,99$, and Chewbacca at 44,99$ (which is the same price as on the s@h).

Real quick: apologies for the miscommunication. I really shouldn't have said that I was certain - not sure what I was thinking there. Anyways, that post of mine is way out of date. These are pretty set in stone now:

75533 Boba Fett - $29.99 US

75534 Darth Vader - $39.99 US

75535 Han Solo - $24.99 US

75536 ??? - $24.99 US

75537 Darth Maul - $29.99 US

Not looking forward to those prices. :/

Edited by Azani

I'm not sure how they expect these to continue to sell. They've started as slightly more expensive than their Bionicle G2 equivalents in size/parts count and now they cost almost twice.

8 hours ago, Azani said:

Real quick: apologies for the miscommunication. I really shouldn't have said that I was certain - not sure what I was thinking there. Anyways, that post of mine is way out of date. These are pretty set in stone now:

75533 Boba Fett - $29.99 US

75534 Darth Vader - $39.99 US

75535 Han Solo - $24.99 US

75536 ??? - $24.99 US

75537 Darth Maul - $29.99 US

Not looking forward to those prices. :/

>literally a worse DV with just a cool helmet costs TEN DOLLARS MORE than the original

lmao

They killed G2 to leave us with this? No amount of sand green shells will convince me that constraction fans deserved such a treatment. As I've already said SW CCBS has had its high points, I have no objections here, but it's just unfair to see the whole category continued only by an overpriced, repetitive theme. I really hope that summer 2018 constraction theme is real, because there's a part of me stupid enough that still wants to give money to LEGO.

4 minutes ago, TwistLaw said:

>literally a worse DV with just a cool helmet costs TEN DOLLARS MORE than the original

lmao

They killed G2 to leave us with this? No amount of sand green shells will convince me that constraction fans deserved such a treatment. As I've already said SW CCBS has had its high points, I have no objections here, but it's just unfair to see the whole category continued only by an overpriced, repetitive theme. I really hope that summer 2018 constraction theme is real, because there's a part of me stupid enough that still wants to give money to LEGO.

Vader is taller, more accurate, with more pieces, two capes, and a gear function.

Sure, $10 is a solid amount - that said, you were starting to make it sound like 75534 wasn't an improvement over the original.

At least Boba has an alright PpP ratio - curious to see how his torso is built.

The solution is to wait a few months for the sets to be discounted by 40-50% on amazon, as they always do. SW CCBS prices have been ridiculous since Jyn Erso cost $25.00, it's honestly not surprising that they keep upping the prices for practically no real added value, only disappointing.

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

On 28/11/2017 at 4:38 PM, Shakar said:

I'm not sure how they expect these to continue to sell.

Your message fits quite well with your avatar. :tongue:

It's written Star Wars on the box. It's Darth Vader and Boba Fett, these two must be the most famous and popular characters of the franchise. That's how they expect them to sell. With that being said, if this time the RRP's are correct (:poke:), I will wait a couple months to get them on Amazon when the prices drop.

On 28.11.2017 at 4:38 PM, Shakar said:

I'm not sure how they expect these to continue to sell. They've started as slightly more expensive than their Bionicle G2 equivalents in size/parts count and now they cost almost twice.

Continue to sell? They never sold well in the first place.

12 hours ago, Voxovan said:

Why would you think that? They're still making them.

On 3/12/2017 at 12:12 PM, Voxovan said:

So why are they still making them?
Oh, the mouse, right...

yes I'm one of those guys who think G2 was canned ALSO because of Disney

10 minutes ago, TwistLaw said:

So why are they still making them?
Oh, the mouse, right...

yes I'm one of those guys who think G2 was canned ALSO because of Disney

Lego is paying Disney for the right to make these, not the other way around. If they weren’t profitable (which for a licensed theme require higher revenues than a comparable non-licensed theme), Lego wouldn’t hesitate to drop the theme. The idea that Disney controls Lego against their own business interest just doesn’t make any logical sense.

On 4.12.2017 at 12:26 AM, Azani said:

Why would you think that? They're still making them.

Literally every toy store I go to has these sets shelfwarming, I've spoken with some of the employees and also saw a bunch of posts on various websites coming from Lego store employees from around the world, they can tell you these sets just don't want to sell at all. Like, one of them even said that they still have a full stock of Jyn Ersos (set released in 2016, mind you, and it's almost 2018) and they have no idea what to do with them because literally nobody wants to buy them.

Besides, these sets are very bland, it's literally the same build over and over again, large pieces that make the building process less interesting, but the worst thing about is the price - these sets are WAY overpriced. No wonder nobody wants to buy them, it's just waste of money.

I have no idea why Lego keeps making those sets, but I can assure you their sales are pretty bad.

Just now, Voxovan said:

Literally every toy store I go to has these sets shelfwarming, I've spoken with some of the employees and also saw a bunch of posts on various websites coming from Lego store employees from around the world, they can tell you these sets just don't want to sell at all. Like, one of them even said that they still have a full stock of Jyn Ersos (set released in 2016, mind you, and it's almost 2018) and they have no idea what to do with them because literally nobody wants to buy them.

Besides, these sets are very bland, it's literally the same build over and over again, large pieces that make the building process less interesting, but the worst thing about is the price - these sets are WAY overpriced. No wonder nobody wants to buy them, it's just waste of money.

I have no idea why Lego keeps making those sets, but I can assure you their sales are pretty bad.

They probably sell fairly well. Not sure if you're a fan of CCBS, but I'm a fan of most of the builds, depending on the price-per-piece and colors. To be honest, it doesn't sound like you really have evidence for that, outside of a few anecdotes and rumors. I could tell you the exact opposite and have just as good of a chance of being correct, because you have no clue as a person outside of the company.

Edited by Azani

Just now, Azani said:

They probably sell fairly well. Not sure if you're a fan of CCBS, but I'm a fan of most of the builds, depending on the price-per-piece and colors. To be honest, it doesn't sound like you really have evidence for that, outside of a few anecdotes. I could tell you the exact opposite and have just as good of a chance.

Except I'm not the only person around here who observed these sets shelfwarming, but whatever floats your boat buddy. And I'm glad you like the sets, good for you, although I'd personally prefer the system to be used in something more creative and interesting rather than the same bland copy-paste builds this line is known for.