Scarilian

Future of constraction

16 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Population-wise, China's a bigger market with more room for growth. I think it will be a big focus in the LEGO Group's push for business growth in Asia. Arguably, it already is, what with them putting both their first Asian LEGO flagship store and their newest factory there.

Mind you, they're not necessarily looking strictly for Chinese IPs, but they are probably looking hard at which IPs are popular in China, regardless of where those IPs originate.

Ah, that makes sense of course. Thanks for clearing things up here. :wink:

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I never thought of that, but don't you think that at least such a line would be made available internationally through Shop At Home? :shrug_confused:

Isn't the sortiment in Shop At Home already depending on your region? IIRC it was mentioned over in the Nexo Knights 2017 thread how Lance Vs. Lightning wasn't on the US S@H, though I'm pretty sure I can find it on the German version of the site.

Edited by ZORK64

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This, especially when you consider the growing trend of Hollywood movies that actually gross more over in China than in America domestically.

Here's a pretty good article from 2016 that chronicles this trend.

http://screenrant.com/hollywood-movies-made-more-money-in-china-than-us/

I never thought of that, but don't you think that at least such a line would be made available internationally through Shop At Home? :shrug_confused:

Maybe. No telling. Remember Dino Attack and Dino 2010? It may be a bad example, but some sets aren't released in certain regions. Maybe the Chima Ultrabuilds would be a better example? If it doesn't sell well in a certain region, the best solution is not to sell it there, and that's certainly true if the Western world has never heard of the IP.

3 hours ago, ZORK64 said:

Isn't the sortiment in Shop At Home already depending on your region? IIRC it was mentioned over in the Nexo Knights 2017 thread how Lance Vs. Lightning wasn't on the US S@H, though I'm pretty sure I can find it on the German version of the site.

I never noticed that, thanks!

EDIT: Oh, I'm a Count now? Nice... :classic:

Edited by Master_Data

As far as we know, no. CCBS seems to be limited to Star Wars, and there's nothing else in regards of constraction going on. :sceptic:

On 8/14/2017 at 6:59 PM, Master_Data said:

It'll probably get put on hold for a bit while the new CEO gets settled.

In a interview with LiveMint, Bali Padda again affirmed TLG's interest in Asian markets, not only citing China, but his home country of India also.

http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/WFc9uHuGlemkqdVoENBT3J/LEGOs-Bali-Padda-The-strategic-builder.html

On India: At the moment we have prioritized China, and we are focusing on that. India is a massive market with huge geography. We need to continue to build our capabilities, to break into these new markets.