Sign in to follow this  
Captain Pirate Man

The Brick Bounty vs BrickBeard's Bounty

Well, from a design standpoint, I do like Brickbeard's Bounty better, if only for the modular Cabin.

However, something else worth talking about is the minifigures that came with both sets as well. While Brickbeard's bounty has a new captain and Crew, The Brick Bounty has a redesign/revision of Captain Red Beard/Captain Roger, mine, and everybody elses' favorite Pirate Captain. My second favorite minifigure is the cook.

In that respect, paying homage to the first wave of pirates, I like the Brick Bounty better.

I have both ships myself... well, HAD both ships myself, my Brick Bounty underwent a massive overhaul, but I am leaning more towards the Brick Bounty, if only for Nostalgia tripping with Captain Red Beard.

I only have the Brick Bounty, but probably would have preferred the Brickbeard's Bounty.  I do not prefer the bright red detailing.  Other than that, it is mainly about the little things like the net, the cabin, the number of cannons, etc.  

Dont forget the Big Shark one has a Sawfish. I have 2x both modified and i cant really say which i prefer will get around to uploading some pics of the other one sometime this week.

IMG_0160IMG_0161

Added some cannons and cannon balls but rest is just using pieces from 2 sets to make the two boats. So they arent so dwarfed by my 

IMG_0162

Got around to bringing down my Xlarge and Mini versions of the two ships to take some pictures.

Have to say i prefer the 6243 Brickbeards Bounty over 70413 The Brick Bounty, The overall colour scheme, shark, nets, figures.

Two many to link so heres the album link of the pics :) Enjoy

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5WojRn

70413 & 6243 Xlarge Slant