jlassen

Cupcake Cafe Modular Moc

So I've always loved the Front facade and colors of Friends 41119.

I wanted to work up a modular that maintained a front facing patio, but kept the back accessible, and added a staircase to the top floor.

35863869786_de5bb2a46d_c.jpg

I haven't decided if I want to add the "Green Cross Medical Dispensary" up on the second story, or maybe just a party deck, and flip the staircase down into the patio.

Edited by jlassen
bad link to slide show

Updates! changes!  A second story!

36050386645_648d1b0068_z.jpg

From the front, nobody would suspect that this beautiful cafe...

Has a medicinal dispensary on the second floor, in back.  But it is certainly a bit of marketing synergy to house both establishments in the same building...

35209861944_2bfdf705ab_c.jpg

The giant leaves on the back might be a bit much. I'm thinking about replacing them with the green flower plates that are decorating the rear entry right now.  We'll see.

This is definitely not going to be a three story modular.  Small building, with ground floor facade being overwhelmed already. Low roof line to top it off.  We'll see how that goes.

So I've changed up the 2nd story, adding  A Queen Anne style turret and copula, mirroing the display window one on first floor, and added a low slung roof.  Not sure the 45 degree slopes are working, and limited color range makes we want to replace em with curved tiles, but I fear that will make the roof look too much like the overhangs below. But maybe that's not a bad thing?

I'm also considering ways to dress up the turret... I don't necessarily want another full window up there. but its a bit plane now.

35939843101_1872ab008e_b.jpg

Looks really good mate, very good detail.
Ive been toying with the idea to modularise the Café but haven't done one yet. I wanted to keep the exterior the same as the original and work around it.