My wife was given some time ago half a bin bag of what I understand is Lego Scale Model. The bricks have the Lego logo on every stud and pat pend on the underside. We know very little about it and no idea if there is any interest in it. I can find very little info on the internet. Would be very grateful for any insight. 

I have found that this line was discontinued in 1965. 

Edited by Garhwilliams
Added info.

There are some modulex collectors. Also check www.bricklink.com.

There are even people that make 'modern' buildings using modulex:

3777985576_63bc867f9b.jpg?zoom=2&w=500

20 hours ago, Modulex Guy said:

Someone call my name? Ha-ha! 

Hi Modulex Guy

what can you tell me about this stuff? It doesn't seem to be on eBay. I can't find anything about it. 

19 hours ago, Garhwilliams said:

Hi Modulex Guy

what can you tell me about this stuff? It doesn't seem to be on eBay. I can't find anything about it. 

Modulex is very rare on eBay. Barely any of it made it to the USA, and it was pretty limited even in Europe.

The ones you have are Lego on the studs are the earlier bricks from the mid-60s.

Modulex was created by Lego to try to tailor to the adult market and to use the system as a way to design factory or office floor plans. There is a limited range of parts availabe, but there is a good handful of really cool specialty parts. Baseplates are extremely expensive and rare. Modulex made signage systems and letter tiles for various applications. Modulex never made any sets, just supplementary boxes of bricks and parts. The most rare part is the "minifig", it is a factory glued set of bricks to resemble a minifigure.

Do you have any specific questions about it? 

On 15/07/2017 at 3:34 PM, Modulex Guy said:

Modulex is very rare on eBay. Barely any of it made it to the USA, and it was pretty limited even in Europe.

The ones you have are Lego on the studs are the earlier bricks from the mid-60s.

Modulex was created by Lego to try to tailor to the adult market and to use the system as a way to design factory or office floor plans. There is a limited range of parts availabe, but there is a good handful of really cool specialty parts. Baseplates are extremely expensive and rare. Modulex made signage systems and letter tiles for various applications. Modulex never made any sets, just supplementary boxes of bricks and parts. The most rare part is the "minifig", it is a factory glued set of bricks to resemble a minifigure.

Do you have any specific questions about it? 

Thanks for the info. My wife was given about 6/7Kg of the stuff about 20 years ago, by an architect. No minifigs or baseplates though. Is there much demand for it? Or is it give it to a charity shop. 

There cant be that much of it around if it was only made for a couple of years with the lego on. I called lego customer services and the lady I spoke to had never heard of it. Would love to know if there is any genuine interest in it or just a white elephant. 

I've found loads of bricks I can't find online and don't know how to identify them or code them. Is there an original parts catalogue online I can refer to? Thanks all. 

Just now, Garhwilliams said:

I've found loads of bricks I can't find online and don't know how to identify them or code them. Is there an original parts catalogue online I can refer to? Thanks all. 

The catalog on Bricklink is pretty solid. You might be able to figure out just what you have there. 

Modulex (100)
Modulex, Brick (39)
Modulex, Tile, Decorated (894)
Modulex, Window (58)

On 7/17/2017 at 10:49 AM, Garhwilliams said:

Thanks for the info. My wife was given about 6/7Kg of the stuff about 20 years ago, by an architect. No minifigs or baseplates though. Is there much demand for it? Or is it give it to a charity shop. 

There cant be that much of it around if it was only made for a couple of years with the lego on. I called lego customer services and the lady I spoke to had never heard of it. Would love to know if there is any genuine interest in it or just a white elephant. 

I'll buy all of it and give it a good home. :classic:

On 19/07/2017 at 9:01 PM, Modulex Guy said:

I'll buy all of it and give it a good home. :classic:

We are still trying to sort through it. We would love it to have a good home. How do we go about this? 

On 7/20/2017 at 5:12 PM, Garhwilliams said:

We are still trying to sort through it. We would love it to have a good home. How do we go about this? 

I sent you a PM. Hopefully you will get it. If not, if you have a Flickr account. You can message me on there.

Hi

I have Modulex with Lego logo for sale.

Approximately 5000 lose bits and another 90 original unopened boxes (100 bits each).

I sell all in one lot.

Found some Modulex on eBay, wasn't named as such, bought it, 750g. I've built pumpkin as on mini bricks madness, & now built my own steam engine, it = 7 studs wide, a little wider than normal 4 studs. Other on eBay, Denmark & UK of GB&NI. I've ~=450 1×4's & short of some other bricks. Bought 2nd batch of 600g, still short of some sizes in colours. Check Bricklink.

Edited by AndrewH7
+600g