Thank you all, guys.

23 hours ago, Lobot said:

I dread to think how many parts they required (or the cost)

So do I :D . That's why I don't ponder it too often ;) .All I know is that my Endor weighs up to 200 kg.

Oh, and about permanent display place: not an option until my sons leave home for good :) . And since I'm not going to kick them out any day soon...

But showing it once a year during some exhibition may be possible. I'm thinking about next year's Skaerbaek Fan Weekend in Denmark. We'll see.

7 hours ago, Brickdad said:

Wtf! That is insane!

It is, isn't it? :)

OK, some more numbers I actually know:  the flat part of the landing platform is roughly 10.000 parts (detailig, greebling, railings and lights not included). AT-AT is roughly 7.000 parts. Altogether there are about 6.000 leaves on the trees. Total height of my Endor exceeds 155 cm (shuttle in flight) or 125 cm (with shuttle on landing pad). The green base is 2 meters wide and 1,5 meter deep. There are 63 kg of green bricks (mostly 2x4) in the hills under platform and around it. Plus unknown load of other green bricks in the lower modules of the ground. I used some 70 LEGO lights of different kinds, 9 LEGO electric motors and 5 transformers to power all the functions.  Each AT-ST consists of about 480 parts.

I guess that's all I can remember :) .

3 hours ago, KevinYoung said:

Have you ever thought of doing the dish ???? 

Yes. The challenge (in terms of engineering) is very tempting but that would be another 30 baseplates, another 10 sequoias, another ton of shrubbery and then that huge, non-modular dish.... Plus another logistical problem, of course. 

I'm not ready for this, mentally and financially :) .

Wow this is truly phenomenal!

A few questions,

1. I noticed the wiring and the controllers, does something move on the platform?

2. Any chance you have close ups of the tree construction? Your pattern is very unique and may come in handy for a future project I have in mind. 

Great work, this was definitely a labor of love. 

16 minutes ago, Thebeeze111 said:

1. I noticed the wiring and the controllers, does something move on the platform?

2. Any chance you have close ups of the tree construction?

1. Please, take a look here:

and here:

Oh, I just remembered that there is one more function: an elevator goes up from the platform. You can see it raised in the left part of this picture, right under the lighting tower:

075 - Getting ready  to take-off

2. The trees - well, I did not photograph them during construction. The idea is fairly simple: tall black slopes and tall bricks (mostly 1x2x5) plus some flex tubes and axles inside are the trunks. Branches are just black plates 1x6 (or 8 or 10), connected with toothed hinge plates. And then just lots and lots of leaves in both sizes :) . Branches are mostly located in groups of four, then 6-7 bricks of trunk, then branches again. Really, really simple design.

Thank you for your kind words :) .

Edited by dmaclego

Thanks, guys.

On 18.07.2017 at 3:59 AM, KevinYoung said:

Lmao Bee Gees Staying alive now that is funny!!

Yeah, I couldn't resist. There are seven light points in the personnel bay of my AT-AT and they are all good ol' 9V LEGO light bricks with blinking function, depending on the direction of current. Disco connection was too obvious to be ignored ;) .

22893330396_67c41b4d7a_c.jpgAT-AT (WIP) Lights in the night by Maciej Szymański, on Flickr

On 7/13/2017 at 5:53 AM, Borex said:

Just to let you know how jealous i am of you :-) 

who doesn't want to have this in his/her house. 

Thanks for sharing. 

if i dint have room in my house and i got this then it would go on my bed and i would sleep on the ground. thats how cool this thing is.

5 hours ago, Thewolfbuilder said:

if i dint have room in my house and i got this then it would go on my bed and i would sleep on the ground. thats how cool this thing is.

Haha, thanks, man :) .

It wasn't that bad in our bedroom but the thing was set up on the floor for quite a while and we had to be veeery careful getting up and zig-zaging towards the door. On the other hand, I must admit it was quite a pleasure to open my eyes in the morning and see those meter-tall trees right in front of me :) .

That looks amazing. How long did it take to build? Do you have plans for the platform and if so would you be interested in sharing. 

Dean Burke

wombat2345@bigpond.com

10 hours ago, Wombat11 said:

That looks amazing. How long did it take to build? Do you have plans for the platform and if so would you be interested in sharing. 

Thank you. It took only 13 years :) . Unfortunately no, there are - and never will be - no plans for the platform. It's just too huge.

Edited by dmaclego

You have been the reason for my registration on this platform  :-)

This Project is so amazing. the love in Detail you put into and the patience to built 13 years is incredible.

Could you please sent me a private massage as i am not allowed to at the moment.

2 hours ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

^^  A private massage??!!!   :laugh: 

Maybe I could, with my wife's kind permission, by how on Earth can one SEND a massage?! :D

OK, PM sent, LukeBrickwalker. Hopefully the system will allow you to respond.

BTW, just today I received another question via Flickrmail and I thought an update here might be useful, so here it goes:  thank you for your kind words but no, building instruction for Project: Endor are not - and will not -  be available :) .

OK, it looks like my Project: Endor will never be over... Inspired by Marshal Banana's shuttle and forced by malfunctions that plagued my Lambda model, I decided to give it a major overhaul. Completely new cockpit, red lights under belly and white over the landing ramp (exactly as in the movie), improved ramp mechanism, brand new mechanics for landing gear flaps, blue exhaust lights... The list is very long :) . Not to mention changes to the landing platform: new mechanism that elevates the shuttle, new cables, steel rods installed permanently in the platform and many, many other improvements.  Currently I'm working on adding the red LEDS to boarding ramps of the landing platform itself but I'm not sure I'll manage to finish that before the last weekend of September (Skaerbaek fan event, Denmark). And here's some visuals to illustrate the progress with the shuttle:

New lights with old cockpit:  (I hope the movie works here... no it doesn't so click the picture to see the movie on flickr)

42812958802_18c7be99a1_b.jpgJoined The Light Side by Maciej Szymański, on Flickr

Old shuttle, new cockpit:

44071883172_23aec0d093_h.jpgLambda in flight by Maciej Szymański, on Flickr

"Chin" details:

44071883852_6d401acba5_h.jpgLambda - cockpit guts by Maciej Szymański, on Flickr

Exhaust lights (darkened here, bright as hell in reality ;) ):

29183064497_1662a33f93_b.jpgLambda - rear parts by Maciej Szymański, on Flickr

And finally - a comparison pic, courtesy of Marshal Banana:

29183064267_116833688b_k.jpgLambda cockpit comparison by Maciej Szymański, on Flickr

That's it for now but, as I said, time has proven that it's never really over...

Edited by dmaclego

Ugh that Lambda is absolutely gorgeous Maciej !! The new cockpit is absolutely brilliant and it improves on Marshall's version (if that's even possible :O), and all the functionality and lighting is just icing on the cake !

Wow this is stunning! The detailing on the shuttle is especially nice! Will there be any pics on the AT AT?