Guys,

Some of you may remember my AT-AT model, some of you may know my Lambda shuttle and some of you may even have heard these were crucial parts of my crazy idea called Project:Endor.

Well, it's done.

Thirteen years ago I started working on a virtual LEGO model of the Imperial Shuttle. It took me 6 months. Then I spent another year building it with real bricks. And when it was completed, I heard - from LEGO designer Adam Grabowski, whom some of you may know as Misterzumbi - that maybe I could build a small scene for that model. Well, I took the idea to my heart - as you can see today ;) . As time went by, my shuttle became set 10212, over 1 meter tall trees grew up one by one and the platform slowly took shape. Ultimately, "the small scene" became some 200 kg of bricks, set upon 48 baseplates. I have no idea how many bricks are in it. Fortunately, neither has my Wife ;) .

I won't bore you with minutiae - if you have any questions (about electric functions, details or anything else), just shoot. In this gallery you can find a photographic history of Project: Endor - pics of the finished project can be found, of course, at the very end. In time, there will be more of them; they just need editing. Also, I'm slowly working on a movie presentation but that will take quite a while, since some of the mechanisms were damaged during recent exhibition.

Have a good time watching the pics and please, feel free to leave comments if you wish.

35507732300_7c55fe3d5c_b.jpg072 - Seriously happy by Maciej Szymański, on Flickr

35764287031_425cecfdd3_b.jpg077 - Endor by night by Maciej Szymański, on Flickr

Edited by dmaclego
Typos etc.

Just to let you know how jealous i am of you :-) 

who doesn't want to have this in his/her house. 

Thanks for sharing. 

3 minutes ago, Borex said:

who doesn't want to have this in his/her house. 

Hmm, let me think... A guy who does not have an extra room for monstrously huge LEGO creations? Because that would be me :D .

My Project: Endor will spend considerable time in boxes before I present it again. Without dedicated space for it (and, preferably, a glass cabinet) it would just gather dust. Sad but true :( .

Thank you for your kind words!

30 minutes ago, dmaclego said:

Hmm, let me think... A guy who does not have an extra room for monstrously huge LEGO creations? Because that would be me :D .

My Project: Endor will spend considerable time in boxes before I present it again. Without dedicated space for it (and, preferably, a glass cabinet) it would just gather dust. Sad but true :( .

Thank you for your kind words!

This creation deserves a complete room, glass cabinet and security guards around in a museum so it can be admired properly.

That is just fantastic.  The towers look great and are deceptively massive, and the trees add a lot to the scene without you even realizing it.  

Also, you managed to add an excellent ramp to the shuttle, which is worthy of a post in-and-of itself ;)

Where's Luke and Vader?!  Edit:  Nvm, I spotted them. :)

Edited by Schneeds

Wow, this is highly impressive. Not only huge in scale, but also very well made. Everything looks just right, like directly taken from the film set. Brilliant! :classic:

Thank you all very much, guys.

3 hours ago, Schneeds said:

Also, you managed to add an excellent ramp to the shuttle

Please, let me add with all modesty that I've added much, much more to the shuttle :) .

Every now and then I am utterly blown away what people can create out of little studs of plastic. This is one of those moments. Truly a masterpiece.

11 hours ago, Brickdad said:

Every now and then I am utterly blown away what people can create out of little studs of plastic. This is one of those moments. Truly a masterpiece.

Thanks, man. I must say that seeing and reading viewers' reactions is one of the best parts of the whole process. Especially seeing kids' faces during the exhibition - priceless :D .

On 7/13/2017 at 0:38 PM, Schneeds said:

That is just fantastic.  The towers look great and are deceptively massive, and the trees add a lot to the scene without you even realizing it.  

Also, you managed to add an excellent ramp to the shuttle, which is worthy of a post in-and-of itself ;)

Where's Luke and Vader?!  Edit:  Nvm, I spotted them. :)

I can't find them.  It is like where is Waldo.  lol.  

I just noticed that the lights work at night on the landing pad.  Very nice touch there.  I didn't catch that detail the first time.  

Totally epic display piece, congratulations on your perseverance and the finished build. 

Work this well done seriously deserves a permanent display place so it can be admired.

Thanks for sharing this @dmaclego - it's truly awesome (and I don't use that word very often!) :wub: :wub::wub:

I've been watching your progress on this via flickr, and it's genuinely one of the very best that I've seen.  The level of attention to detail is incredible; most builders would just focus on creating an Imperial Shuttle, AT-AT or landing platform, but you've managed all three!  Your approach to the platform supports is unique as far as I know; I dread to think how many parts they required (or the cost) but the end result is well worth it.

I hope that you're able to display this long-term, so that it can get the recognition it deserves - a true masterpiece.

On 15-7-2017 at 6:25 AM, dmaclego said:

They are exactly where they should be: on the ramp next to the AT-AT :) .

<snip> Your skills are complete by Maciej Szymański, on Flickr

Would have helped if I had looked at all the pictures.  lol.  

Edited by BEAVeR
Please don't quote images