This is a MOC that I designed for Lego Ideas, inspired by the 2009 wave of Lego Pirates sets.

2835876-o_1b7btbmiq1q1uu4p1dqrvdq13dpa-t

The major inspirations behind this set were the new Balloon pieces that were introduced last year in 2016, as well as the fun compact ship that came in the Lego Spongebob set 3817-1, The Flying Dutchman, Circa 2012.

However, I did not get past the first 100 votes that I needed to advance to the 6 month grace period to advance. This has not discouraged me from refining the idea for the set, and I plan to re-submit a newer version of the model soon, hopefully with new play features.

Since I've last submitted this MOC, it has gone through several major revisions, which I am very eager to share with you in the following weeks.

Edited by Jevil

I don't normally go in for the steam punk/air ship thing, but I like this one. perhaps its the embellishments on the balloon ends that win me over. In any case, great job and thanks for sharing!

About ready to resubmit a new version of the Galleon to ideas in a couple days, but I have no ideas how I want to decorate the bow of the ship. The Skull figurehead is out, but aside from putting the navigational wheel up front, I don't know how else to detail the bow of the airship. Any suggestions?

18 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

That is a fine ship/balloon/vessel/thingy! 

I'd like to see more pictures.

I can do that, no problem, here are some more shots of the Adventure Galleon, Mk.1.

20170125_162623.jpg

20170125_162652.jpg

20170125_162718.jpg

20170125_162736.jpg

20170125_162757.jpg

I myself like to call it a Dirigible.

20 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Quite good. Thanks for the additional pics.

Just wait until you see the updated version of it!