34814683344_a3986140cd_z.jpg

34381637930_139edf7d79_z.jpg

Tíre Keep is one of the most valuable strongholds of Avalonia. Though it has never been occupied, it's real advantage is the lighthouse: Avalonian ships are ensured they will not get lost the Great Western Ocean.

My second entry for the SJ castle collab. My team mates are @Henjin_Quilones and @TitusV and it was great working with them. I like it, it looks good but the Tudor work ruins it unfortunately. Make sure you check out the other teams entry, which will all be on the guilds soon. Hope you enjoy and C&C needed.

Edited by The Maestro

Beautiful textures and colors Maestro, and superb job transitioning from the rock to the walls of the gatehouse!  The water, too, looks really somber with the black underneath. :thumbup:  Way to represent GoH in the joust! :excited:

Very neat build, Maestro - loving the irregular connection of the tower and rocks, and as Kai mentioned, the black, troubled water lends a great feel to the build overall! :thumbup:  Awesome work with the bridge and stone-work texture as well, and the dark red and dark green colors you guys settled on for the collab look great together too!

I like the build.  The texturing of the walls is nice and the colors go well together.  The rockwork is well done.  Nice build overall.

As I said before, this is an awesome MOC! :wub: I really like the tudor section, and though the wall-texturing borders the acceptable, it worked out pretty well!

Glad to have you in our team, Maestro!

Ah, so there is more to Tíre, wonderful! What a wonderful collaboration, and from three builders on three separate continents!:oh:

That's some lovely rockwork Maestro, especially the way it curves around that wicked gatehouse. I love all the sand green, risky to use that much I think, but it looks fantastic! It's a small detail, but the texture and color on the exposed portion of ground in front of the bridge is awesome. I certainly don't think the tudor section ruins the build, though I can see where it doesn't really need it. In fact, without the wooden section, it might look quite a bit more intimidating. Nonetheless, the overall gatehouse is very nice and well designed.

Again, this looks too good to be Avalonia... where's the pink, where's the bright green, where are the FLOWERS?!?!

Edited by MassEditor

Really nice looking in general and I echo all the compliments others have offered, but I feel the water needs some blue to break up all the grays.

Great work! Looks really big and easy to defend! The sand green really adds to the build! Well Done 

The tower is nice but the landscaping is supurb! I really like the curved rock work and the water and the layering of the ground beneath the draw bridge!

Really nice textures on this solid and defensible gatehouse. I think the Tudor part is a good addition. It makes sense that they built a strong tower and then realized they needed a little shelter on top from sea storms. I wonder if the dark water could have been improved by a few white pieces as a froth contrast where the dark waves hit that great rock work? I hope there will be pics of the three parts together.

Looks great, TM, I approve! Of course you knew that already, but it is very well done. I borrowed very heavily from it for my own build of the lighthouse, at least in terms of style and texture. I love the rockwork and the way the stonework integrates so naturally into it. I think the water is perfect the way it is, by the way, as it shows a moody and stormy aspect of the sea, rather than a bright blue sunny aspect. Good work, and I am glad to be a fellow councilman of Tire Keep with you!

12 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Looks great, TM, I approve! Of course you knew that already, but it is very well done. I borrowed very heavily from it for my own build of the lighthouse, at least in terms of style and texture. I love the rockwork and the way the stonework integrates so naturally into it. I think the water is perfect the way it is, by the way, as it shows a moody and stormy aspect of the sea, rather than a bright blue sunny aspect. Good work, and I am glad to be a fellow councilman of Tire Keep with you!

Aye, that's something quickly forgotten. Though you build probably was the smallest of our four entries, it also was the one done before the rest of us even started. As such, you defined not only your own style, but also the style of all entries (I just copied at least all your stonework). Seems liek that turned out to work very well :grin: 

On 13/07/2017 at 1:42 PM, Kai NRG said:

Beautiful textures and colors Maestro, and superb job transitioning from the rock to the walls of the gatehouse!  The water, too, looks really somber with the black underneath. :thumbup:  Way to represent GoH in the joust! :excited:

Thanks kai

On 13/07/2017 at 2:08 PM, Garmadon said:

Very neat build, Maestro - loving the irregular connection of the tower and rocks, and as Kai mentioned, the black, troubled water lends a great feel to the build overall! :thumbup:  Awesome work with the bridge and stone-work texture as well, and the dark red and dark green colors you guys settled on for the collab look great together too!

Thanks alot garmadon, I think red and dk green looks great too 

On 13/07/2017 at 2:19 PM, zoth33 said:

I like the build.  The texturing of the walls is nice and the colors go well together.  The rockwork is well done.  Nice build overall.

Thank you

On 13/07/2017 at 9:55 PM, Gunman said:

Nice pal colors.... Cute moc

Thank you Gunman

On 13/07/2017 at 10:14 PM, TitusV said:

As I said before, this is an awesome MOC! :wub: I really like the tudor section, and though the wall-texturing borders the acceptable, it worked out pretty well!

Glad to have you in our team, Maestro!

Thanks Titus, it was a pleasure.

On 14/07/2017 at 8:17 AM, MassEditor said:

Ah, so there is more to Tíre, wonderful! What a wonderful collaboration, and from three builders on three separate continents!:oh:

That's some lovely rockwork Maestro, especially the way it curves around that wicked gatehouse. I love all the sand green, risky to use that much I think, but it looks fantastic! It's a small detail, but the texture and color on the exposed portion of ground in front of the bridge is awesome. I certainly don't think the tudor section ruins the build, though I can see where it doesn't really need it. In fact, without the wooden section, it might look quite a bit more intimidating. Nonetheless, the overall gatehouse is very nice and well designed.

Again, this looks too good to be Avalonia... where's the pink, where's the bright green, where are the FLOWERS?!?!

Haha thanks you ME, not all Avalonia is bright and frilly, infact nocturnas is not the only dark stormy place 

On 14/07/2017 at 10:24 AM, mccoyed said:

Really nice looking in general and I echo all the compliments others have offered, but I feel the water needs some blue to break up all the grays.

Yea, I tried to use some blue but it looked just too cartoony. Maybe dk blue would have worked?

On 14/07/2017 at 6:19 PM, de Gothia said:

Great work! Looks really big and easy to defend! The sand green really adds to the build! Well Done 

I had just received a large amount of it so I was glad to get a chance to use it! Thank you

On 15/07/2017 at 3:36 AM, Blufiji said:

The tower is nice but the landscaping is supurb! I really like the curved rock work and the water and the layering of the ground beneath the draw bridge!

Thanks you Blufiji, I was suprised how well the landscaping came out as well as the water.

On 15/07/2017 at 4:30 AM, Muakhah said:

Really nice textures on this solid and defensible gatehouse. I think the Tudor part is a good addition. It makes sense that they built a strong tower and then realized they needed a little shelter on top from sea storms. I wonder if the dark water could have been improved by a few white pieces as a froth contrast where the dark waves hit that great rock work? I hope there will be pics of the three parts together.

Yes that would have been perfect! Next time then. Thank you

On 15/07/2017 at 4:42 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Oh, I like being shortend down to TM, it has a nice feel :laugh: Thanks so much HQ, and I did love the fact we all showed differend weather. I am flattered that you thought to borrow from me, but then again I did kind of set the standard :tongue: Thank you!

On 15/07/2017 at 5:02 AM, TitusV said:

Aye, that's something quickly forgotten. Though you build probably was the smallest of our four entries, it also was the one done before the rest of us even started. As such, you defined not only your own style, but also the style of all entries (I just copied at least all your stonework). Seems liek that turned out to work very well :grin: 

Yes, it seems like a daunting task yet I also completly forgot so I guess its just lucky it turned out well.

On vrijdag 14 juli 2017 at 5:30 PM, Muakhah said:

I hope there will be pics of the three parts together.

Considering the fact we're from three different continents, I think that's very unlikely...

Considering the fact that my two entries are already torn down, I think it's quite impossible...

A pity though, I would have loved it as well!

1 hour ago, TitusV said:

Considering the fact we're from three different continents, I think that's very unlikely...

Considering the fact that my two entries are already torn down, I think it's quite impossible...

A pity though, I would have loved it as well!

Well my entry is long gone, but yes that would have been great.

2 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Well my entry is long gone, but yes that would have been great.

Mine's still half-together, though... so you guys should rebuild yours and come to North America for a show.

43 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Mine's still half-together, though... so you guys should rebuild yours and come to North America for a show.

Haha, or maybe you could all take a holiday to New Zealand :laugh:

In all seriousness though, I would love to head to North America or really any other big show in the world in the next few years. I am hoping to go to one while I am on a exchange to Germany which should happen sometime in the closeish future :tongue: 

11 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

If I'd rebuild one, I wouldn't have bricks left for the other... But we should defenitely come over and team up for a convention one day!

10 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Haha, or maybe you could all take a holiday to New Zealand :laugh:

In all seriousness though, I would love to head to North America or really any other big show in the world in the next few years. I am hoping to go to one while I am on a exchange to Germany which should happen sometime in the closeish future :tongue:

Next time I come to NZ, I'll let you know :grin:

As for Germany... That's actually not that far from me, you know!

The rockwork and amazing water are what impress me most :wub: Quite lovely wall texturing as well :thumbup: As some people mentioned on flickr, either switching the bridge to wood, or having the stone supported by an arch would make more sense from an architectural standpoint :classic:

Great gatehouse, Maestro!

The stone texturing and color choices work well here!  I also like the rock and water beneath the structure.  The use of trans-invisible plates makes nice water with the ability to change the under-layer color to add perceived depth.  The wooden hoardings section is nicely built, though I must say it seems a bit out of place in this location.  Is there a portcullis?  It might look better if the bridge were a drawbridge or if the gatehouse included a portcullis or doors to allow for closing off the pathway when needed.

I would love to see Tíre in its entirety, though I know this is not possible after deconstruction...