we will get a "catamaran yacht", a Rallye car, a "big giant licensed truck", and some more small vehicles I cannot remember

Said by @Sir von Lego.

What do you think?

For the rally car I'd like a UCS Subaru Impreza, fully manual, in the style of 42056 but without that set's well publicised issues.  And for the giant truck, v unlikely and not licenced and not really a truck, but how about one of these?

8steamroller-poly-v.png

A world rally car would be awesome as it has to have four wheel drive, independent suspension and a gearbox. At long last a worthy successor for 8880.

In my opinion, rally car is pullback model.

I want know what is combine model in 2018. This year's 6 wheel race truck is bad.

AND THIS YEAR'S PULLBACK MOTOR IS BAD. I ANGRY ABOUT THAT.

Rallye car would be nice if it was at smaller scale, but keeping the 4wd. Hopefully it won't be another boring pullback. 

Giant licensed truck?  Meh, enought with the Arocs and 2017 2H one.

The catamaran yacht sounds interesting, would be great if it could float. 

37 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

IMO, don't judge me on this, I would like the rally car to be a smaller scale, like the Volvo EW160E. It would be much nicer. 

I agree very much with that. That scale seems very appropriate. But it will almost definitely be a pullback, so don't get your hopes up.

On 7/12/2017 at 8:00 PM, Horace T said:

A hook lift dumper on the scale of the Arocs 42043.

H

That would be interesting, BTW where will you find 1300 candles to blow them on your "aniversary" post cake?

Edited by I_Igor

6 minutes ago, LXF said:

The catamaran yacht sounds interesting, would be great if it could float.

IMO I do not like Technic boats or planes because they do not do what a boat or plane are supposed to do. 

I find this whole list to be turbo suspect. Unless Sir von Lego comes back and clarifies where he got this, I'm calling BS. I'm surprised nobody else has called it out as possibly being fabricated. This early, and from a relative unknown, I think everybody needs to take this with a grain of salt:

Salt_truck_Milwaukee.jpg

Yup, that will do.:laugh:

Edit: As has been pointed out,  Sir von Lego is actually a well known leaker that I was not aware of. I apologize to him for doubting it, but my point stands. Until we get an actual list, I have my doubts. Also, if he knows about this stuff, why don't we have a full set list? It would be pretty nice to have.

Edited by Saberwing40k

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

@Sir von Lego is a trusted leaker.

Whoops, I did not know that. I edited my previous statement to reflect this. Can you link to some other stuff he leaked in the past?

1 hour ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Will he end up being banned like CM4SCi...

We don't know if CM4SCI was banned for leaks or for something else, so I can't say. By the way, it is a little bit frowned upon to discuss why a member was banned, so tread carefully.

12 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

IMO, don't judge me on this, I would like the rally car to be a smaller scale, like the Volvo EW160E. It would be much nicer. 

Id prefer a sub $120 rally car as well, sets up to that level are OK to have some flaws in my opinion, and are easier to forgive and mod up to standard then a biiiig $299 set

I do wonder how a small scale rally car would work though, anything below 42000/42039 size will be hard to put AWD in, but modern rally cars are all 4 cylinders, and i have trouble seeing a $120 set based on a front engined 4 banger... But a $55-70 set (think 42037 / funny car) would really allow for AWD i think, especially if there is any suspension in play...

Either way, as long as its affordable and doesnt use yet another weird shade of blue, ill have fun modding it.

If there is a rally car, it´s likely to be the replacement for 42039. Lego are very predictable with their Technic line and in recent years  theres has always been a 1HY flagship usally with power functions and that is either a car or an aerial vehicle, alternating year by year. We´ve had two aerial vehicles in a row so another car is due.

2017: Display Jet

2016: Heavy Lift Helicopter

2015: 24h Racer

2014: Cargo Plane

2013: Grand Prix Racer (no PF)

2012: Rescue Helicopter (no PF)

2011: Supercar

I would be surprised if another truck similar to Arocs is on the way. It was mentioned in Q&A by designers that they tend to make larger gaps between similar sets. On the other hand, if Arocs sold really well even when reaching EOL it would make sense from economic perspective.

1 hour ago, Ivan_M said:

I would be surprised if another truck similar to Arocs is on the way. It was mentioned in Q&A by designers that they tend to make larger gaps between similar sets. On the other hand, if Arocs sold really well even when reaching EOL it would make sense from economic perspective.

Ivan, so far we know that Mercedes is planing to make X class next year but it is a pickup truck (if we talk about licensed set of course); hm, we will have to wait for some more information...

Edited by I_Igor

7 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

That truck of the future competition they launched with the Arocs is sure taking a long time to come through.

What do you mean? They announced the winners and sent them their prizes.

27 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Perhaps user @valenciaericmeans some relation to Arocs like 41999 to rock crawler :look:

I wonder on something, Lego as company has quite a nice number of Licenses, but are they been used in between departments? Like Racers have Ford, Ferrari, Porsche, Audi .... in Technic we have "only" Volvo and Mercedes + Porsche (but this is like a separate line in Technic) 

So, if there is to be a licences truck then, it probably be either Volvo or Mercedes, my opinion is that it would most likely be a Mercedes, but which one of the current fleet.... ? 

Boat - well that would be interesting, it will not float but can be fun to play :) 

Rally Car - hymmm depends on the size of it, if the truck would be the flagship, so the car would be in medium size and it may be for that be "cut off" from interesting functions ... probably only RWD and standard independent suspension, like 42037...  

regards 

16 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Oh, I thought that the winner was going to be put into production like 41999.

Rally Car would likely be around 1200 pieces with optional PF to add lights and lift up the engine bay/spoiler  - same as 42039 and 42000.

Arocs will retire this winter, so there could perfectly well be another truck for 2hy18.

A licensed truck could be anything, it covers a wide range (in my opinion). I don't think that it will be similar to the Arocs. A catamaran sounds really interesting, and I'd like to see that rumour come true. A rally car at about 1400 pieces would be perfect, especially if it had a V6 or V8 engine and four wheel drive (with diffs).