Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-FB] The Royal Shipyard in Eltina

The Royal Marine Office of Oleon has decided to open a branch of royal shipyard in Eltina, thereby supplying more ships, ships, ships to our glorious and incomparable fleet.:grin:

Although we have already several shipyards in New Terra, but they can't manage all the orders, so it became evident to us that we need a new shipyard. After thorough consideration, the Marine Office esteemed that this new shipyard shall be located at Eltina. Once opened, it will provide considerable job opportunities to the locals, and more importantly, to the Mardieran refugees.

1499869455m_DISPLAY.jpg

We can see here Oleander leader inspecting the new shipyard.

14998694561_DISPLAY.jpg

The fast patrol boat le Requin is being refitted after the misadventure of M***(shhh, secret mission):head_back:

14998694562_DISPLAY.jpg

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome.

Vive le Roi!

Edited by Bodi

Nice shipyards! :thumbup: The roof on the building doesn't quite look right, though but perhaps it is the photo.

Ah ha! So this is how you make ships so fast.

You did a nice job capturing the hive of activity. Seeing the ribbing of the new vessel is nice, too. One concern is that the sand goes from dark tan to tan. While this looks good for most beaches, it seems out of place here given that you have a wooden wall to hold the water at bay. But I don't let that distract from the rest of your nice build.

Great looking ships! Your water technique would work better on the pic photographing from a deeper angle. But very good work overall.

8 hours ago, Mike S said:

Nice shipyards! :thumbup: The roof on the building doesn't quite look right, though but perhaps it is the photo.

Thank you Mike! The roof looks odd to me too, it's my puny attempt to find a new technique for the roof.:grin: 

7 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

The workers probably take it into pieces for the nice hull outline just in front

Ahaha, you 've noticed the weird roof too. Let's find a pretext, how do you think of this:the roof was damaged by hurricane last night, but since It's too hot now,nobody wants to climb onto the roof top to repair it.:rofl:

4 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

Ah ha! So this is how you make ships so fast.

You did a nice job capturing the hive of activity. Seeing the ribbing of the new vessel is nice, too. One concern is that the sand goes from dark tan to tan. While this looks good for most beaches, it seems out of place here given that you have a wooden wall to hold the water at bay. But I don't let that distract from the rest of your nice build.

Thank you CG! We are working 24h on 24, more ships incoming!

The tip for the beach is great, I'll pay more attention to it next time.

3 hours ago, Jacob Nion said:

Great looking ships! Your water technique would work better on the pic photographing from a deeper angle. But very good work overall.

Thank you Jacob for your comment on the ships and photography advice! 

Neat shipyard, sir! Both the nearly finished one and the rib looks good and I like the activity, tools, minifigs and materials spread around. I agree that the roof of the house looks a bit odd, though. :) 

I also wonder how the finished vessels are launched, as there appears to be no slipway or similar contraption, and the barred off beach would make it quite hard to get them across on rollers or so... ;) 

All in all, great work, though! :D

8 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Neat shipyard, sir! Both the nearly finished one and the rib looks good and I like the activity, tools, minifigs and materials spread around. I agree that the roof of the house looks a bit odd, though. :) 

I also wonder how the finished vessels are launched, as there appears to be no slipway or similar contraption, and the barred off beach would make it quite hard to get them across on rollers or so... ;) 

Sea Turtles, my friend :pir-classic:

But for me, the dark tan suggests that the tide changes the water stage so that it will be possible to launch the ships by flood.

A nice addition to Eltina!! While I would like some more texturing at the ground, those numerous little details more than make up for this! Ofc the ship looks really good and I hope so will the unfinished one when it's done :tongue:

I'll echo on the small-ish hurricane that hit that roof. Read more at... you've guessed it! The Eltina Courier - Terror above Eltina!! And yes, It's so hot, nobody cares to fix that roof. Lazy Oleanders... :tongue: 

Oh, and sea turtles are always adorable and life savers as far as ship launching is concerned!! :thumbup:

10 hours ago, Bregir said:

Glad you like it, sire Bregir. My roof attempt was not a success, I shall say.:grin: The slipway, yes, we need a slipway to lauch the ships, how can I forget that! But now, I guess I'll launch them with my hands.

10 hours ago, Jacob Nion said:

Sea Turtles, my friend :pir-classic:

But for me, the dark tan suggests that the tide changes the water stage so that it will be possible to launch the ships by flood.

Thank you Jacob, rising tide should be the most plausible explanation, since I've forgot to build a slipway.:wink:

5 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

A nice addition to Eltina!! While I would like some more texturing at the ground, those numerous little details more than make up for this! Ofc the ship looks really good and I hope so will the unfinished one when it's done :tongue:

I'll echo on the small-ish hurricane that hit that roof. Read more at... you've guessed it! The Eltina Courier - Terror above Eltina!! And yes, It's so hot, nobody cares to fix that roof. Lazy Oleanders... :tongue: 

Oh, and sea turtles are always adorable and life savers as far as ship launching is concerned!! :thumbup:

Eltina Courrier! Our best source of information! And yes, we Oleanders are lazy, no one cares about the reparation, if the hurricane comes back again, we can always wear a poncho.:purrr:

Same thing for the ship rib, it will remain in this state for a long time.