Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

Tíre Courtyard

Tíre Keep is one of the most valuable strongholds of Avalonia. Though it has never been occupied, it's real advantage is the lighthouse: Avalonian ships are ensured they will not get lost the Great Western Ocean.
------------
34812667404_6feef6d9ef_c.jpg

34812666294_619ccf8700_c.jpg

35614236256_2004fda328_c.jpg

35614235576_0d20736ed5_c.jpg

35614237556_41b0252435_c.jpg
------------
My second entry to the SJ '17, again for the Castle Collab, and my amazing team mates are @Henjin_Quilones and @The Maestro (who's builds will follow). I would like to thank them, and of course the organisation, since I had great fun and I think so had everyone else. Note that it would theoretically be possible to combine all four builds into one big build withouth any (easily noticeable) seams by putting them next to eacht other (and of course removing the border :tongue:). The build was heavily inspired by DC's builds, which I think is easily noticeable. The shutters were borrowed from ZC's "Ye Slightly Newer Forge". Still, I'm very fond of this one (especially of the completely-timbered tudor sections) Thanks for looking, CC very welcome!

Edited by TitusV
Adding links to the other entries of our amazing team!

Nicely done, Titus, the woodwork is great here - I really like those shutters! - and blends very well with the stone-work too :thumbup:  The black tile roofs and their supports are excellent as well - quite a good build altogether!  

Another solid segment of your collab!  The woodwork on this one is particularly impressive!  The little porch looks really good too!

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 3:54 PM, Garmadon said:

Nicely done, Titus, the woodwork is great here - I really like those shutters! - and blends very well with the stone-work too :thumbup:  The black tile roofs and their supports are excellent as well - quite a good build altogether!  

Thank you, Garmadon! The shutters were inspired by ZC :classic: 

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:27 PM, Kai NRG said:

Another solid segment of your collab!  The woodwork on this one is particularly impressive!  The little porch looks really good too!

Thanks Kai! Glad you like the woodwork, considering it is the "main feature" of this build :grin: 

Very nice indeed, my only gripe would be more height on the wall but that's a personal preference. I really like the tudor patterning of dark and light wood work as well!

Very good woodwork with nice details all over. I also like the bundle of goods next to the steps, the porch and training mechanism. It has a nice old town feel to it.

This fits very nicely into the style of the village, and the rockwork blends well into that too. I do agree with Blu that a higher castle wall would have been better, but for an inner courtyard that is less of an issue, I suppose. I like the dark bley tiles loosely pressed for cobblestones, but a bit more texture in the rest of the courtyard (maybe more dark bley tiles?) could have been nice. On the other hand, too much in terms of texture or color there would have distracted from the minifigs that inhabit that space, so it is a toss-up there. 

Love the teeth and awesome detail! The wall looks great too, great texturing :thumbup: Also wow you have a heap planks :wub:

Quite a beautiful courtyard and building :thumbup: The colors and wooden detailing are top notch. If you had attached the left wall at an angle, it would allow your overview shot to show more of the build and perhaps feel more immersive.

Still a superb build, and it makes me want to build some medieval buildings again :classic:

On vrijdag 14 juli 2017 at 4:26 PM, Blufiji said:

Very nice indeed, my only gripe would be more height on the wall but that's a personal preference. I really like the tudor patterning of dark and light wood work as well!

Thank you sir! A bit more height would probably have been cool, you're right there!

On vrijdag 14 juli 2017 at 5:26 PM, Muakhah said:

Very good woodwork with nice details all over. I also like the bundle of goods next to the steps, the porch and training mechanism. It has a nice old town feel to it.

Thanks, Muakhah! Every detail you mentioned has been inspired by DC's Flickr stream :wink: 

On vrijdag 14 juli 2017 at 5:47 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

This fits very nicely into the style of the village, and the rockwork blends well into that too. I do agree with Blu that a higher castle wall would have been better, but for an inner courtyard that is less of an issue, I suppose. I like the dark bley tiles loosely pressed for cobblestones, but a bit more texture in the rest of the courtyard (maybe more dark bley tiles?) could have been nice. On the other hand, too much in terms of texture or color there would have distracted from the minifigs that inhabit that space, so it is a toss-up there.

Thanks Henjin! Indeed, I should have made the wall a bit higher. Some texturing on the courtyard wouldn't have hurt too, though there I really wanted to focus on the details I tried to put all over the place.

On maandag 17 juli 2017 at 4:38 AM, The Maestro said:

Love the teeth and awesome detail! The wall looks great too, great texturing :thumbup: Also wow you have a heap planks :wub:

Thank you! The texturing is completely your idea, I just copied it from Tíre Gatehouse :grin: Yea, I had to order a lot of reddish brown tiles for the Grand Griffon, and I'm now trying to put them to good use :wink: 

On woensdag 19 juli 2017 at 0:55 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Quite a beautiful courtyard and building :thumbup: The colors and wooden detailing are top notch. If you had attached the left wall at an angle, it would allow your overview shot to show more of the build and perhaps feel more immersive.

Still a superb build, and it makes me want to build some medieval buildings again :classic:

Thanks SK! Glad you like the colourscheme, I've been wanting to do a dark brown/reddish brown combo for quite some time now. An angle would have been really cool, but would have required even more thinking out of the general lay-out and I don't know wether I would have managed that in the (relatively) short time I had to build this, cause I had to enter it into some competition on Flickr :tongue:

If that's the feeling this build kindles, I feel really honoured :blush:Especially if it means we can expect a medieval build from you soon?