6 hours ago, Madoca 1977 said:

Wheels could be used inside-out. That would be narrower looking, but 5.5 axles were sticking out to much. For those who can cut axles or use non-official parts, putting wheels inside-out is better way.

I always use technic steering parts for their robustness, turning point, axle is not visible and narrower axles but I admit that they offer less floor clearance, why did not you use them?, I mean the pieces of the 42056, 8653 or 42039, for example two pics of my current MOC. Thank you for your instructions I always learn a lot. 

MZw1Vgj.jpg?1

fviycgU.jpg?1

Edited by jorgeopesi

Very well captured shapes, perfect size. I don't really care about realistic chassis, I always look for interesting engineering, clever solutions and aesthetic experience. Scrolled through the instructions, I am pleased in every aspects.

Thank You @Madoca 1977!

On 7/12/2017 at 10:45 PM, Thirdwigg said:

Great job again. I find this to be the most effective off-road suspension in LEGO MOCs. Your iteration is great, and I'm happy to see one of you MOCs utilizing it. Well done.

I do remember your trial trucks using linked suspension! Mine is much smaller, lighter and unstable. When climbing steep slope, the front section of the Jeep lose weight. Then the force of twisting front axle by motors lift the front section sideways. That makes the model rolling to the side easily.

21 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I always use technic steering parts for their robustness, turning point, axle is not visible and narrower axles but I admit that they offer less floor clearance, why did not you use them?, I mean the pieces of the 42056, 8653 or 42039, for example two pics of my current MOC. Thank you for your instructions I always learn a lot. 

Connecting modern steering wheel hubs to C-frame (with differential) made front axle inevitably bulky. I chose U-joints rather than wheel hub because of simplicity and higher ground clearance. Of course there might be another solution using old (small) wheel hub like this beautiful Jeep. But I wanted to avoid using discontinued parts. Besides, I liked unusual idea of using actuator holder together with C-shaped pin connector.

5 hours ago, IstakaCiti said:

Very nice and details model, any particular reason why the wheel axles are longer than needed?

They are 5.5L axles using the stop to keep them from pulling loose... Unfortunately this is the shortest size axle that Lego makes like this... Sure, he could a shorter axle, but he knows that since this is a motorized model that the axles would easily work themselves loose in a short period pf time, so he went with the best solution...

Nice Jeep Madoca..! :thumbup::thumbup:

Sure it looks better using 4L axle. But, as Paul pointed out, it won't be capable of tough offroad driving. I wish LEGO would produce at least 4.4L axle with stop.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

13 hours ago, Paul Boratko said:

They are 5.5L axles using the stop to keep them from pulling loose... Unfortunately this is the shortest size axle that Lego makes like this... Sure, he could a shorter axle, but he knows that since this is a motorized model that the axles would easily work themselves loose in a short period pf time, so he went with the best solution...

Nice Jeep Madoca..! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks Paul, for explaining the technical aspects of the technic model, it also explains the different between any design and perfect design.

3 hours ago, Madoca 1977 said:

Sure it looks better using 4L axle. But, as Paul pointed out, it won't be capable of tough offroad driving. I wish LEGO would produce at least 4.4L axle with stop.

800x450.jpg

It does look good, thanks for sharing the updated photos :)

Collaboration video with Madoka and some Mods for Jeep Wrangler. It is some kind of review + some mods for base model. Please turn on english subtitiles.

Madoka's Jeep is well designed car. But stock small 62 mm tires are only needed to roll the car from factory to dealers's room, and then to closest tuning company.:laugh: Forget the 62 mm. Even 68 mm wheels on the video above no enough.

Unfortunately, I can't wait when LEGO produce realistic and aestethic wheels. Life is too short.:wink: So I've bought a lot of RC wheels (like Attika did earlier here)

Such wheels like on the photo have about 75 mm diameter. Very soft, but fitting on the axle need some modding (drilling and glueing 12 tooth gear inside nut's hole)

And we also have to lift body 1 stud higher above the chassis. Since model is modular - it was a easy task. Then we have to limit front suspension wide articulation to prevent wheels touching front arches.

KXglkgATmb0.jpgPrrgsZsOWK8.jpg

PRHJ-nbdP3Q.jpgiop3QjPlKgc.jpg

rgQummd7lEI.jpg3cNojy8ai1w.jpg

3zBeAwNxDgA.jpg

Yellow Jeep is less unique. It is based on Toyota Hilux chassis.

P1jNQ_VsPM0.jpg

That's all for today.  Thanks to Madoka for this great base for creativity! :thumbup:

Happy building:classic:

Edited by rm8

Very nice video, glad to see the guests! :classic:

@Madoca 1977 Can You please share / describe the modifications You have made (mentioned in the video), to improve chassis stability?

Edited by agrof

Excellent work

Is it possible to have more pictures to the yellow module ? I love it and I would like to reproduce it, if possible