mouseketeer

[MOC] Winter Village Pub

I realise we're practically six months away, but I need to get these ready in time! :) This is my take on a British canal-side pub at Christmas, with a narrow boat, lock, and pub building with cosy fireplace downstairs, and a four poster bed upstairs! More images are available on my Flickr at https://flic.kr/s/aHskZazD14 

35017614574_6ef05da914_b.jpg

35817138946_108e54074b_b.jpg

35017614674_fc82c87cf8_b.jpg

It might be a bit early for Christmasbut I do love this build. Some highlights are the melting snow on the roof, the boat and lock, and that bed definitely adds to the build. Also yay for wildlife. Of course, I always like a good use of lighted bricks and this does not disappoint. Also great job at keeping the winter village scale. I look forward to your other Christmas builds. 

Great builds!  Just looking at them, I can hear the jingle bells and the Christmas carols.

Very good idea. :thumbup: 

A Winter Village Watermill and Canal boat. :laugh:

Best not to have a Pub or Tavern. 

Thanks everyone!

@Venunder- the reason I went with a pub was because I knew that Lego wouldn't do their own version, haha. Of course, in a universe where Lego detectives investigate cookie smuggling operations, we can assume this pub sells fruit juice! :wink: 

This is an excellent MOC, I love the narrowboat and lock. The light brick in the fireplace certainly gives a homely warmth to the pub; what does it look like from the front with the fire glowing?
There's one problem however; we don't seem to get snow in Britain anymore! :laugh: Oh, and that boatman is going to get very cold hands...

@mouseketeer I really like this! I received your email this AM and have a few questions.

1. Do you use any rare or hard to find parts?

2. Can the canale and boat be easily setarated from the xml? The water features don't really fit with my village.

3. Do you have a photo of it next to the Bakery or Toy Shop? The WV Cottage is my least favorite WV model, in fact because of it's size I do not use it anymore. 

I really, really like the Pub, good job!

Andy D

Thanks @Andy D! Here's a photo next to the Toy Shop (the Bakery is the only WV set I don't have!):

35905482846_f69c6e5a4e_b.jpg

And to your other questions, there aren't any rare parts in this model (it's the cheapest Winter Village set I've built myself so far! I think the rarest piece is the tiller of the canal boat), and the lock and boat can very easily be separated - I actually provide the XMLs in four files (one for the building, one for the lock, one for the canal boat, and one for the birds), so you can easily exclude any of those you don't want to build. :classic:

Edited by mouseketeer

I received the instructions and got to say i like how you designed certain parts in this build :) the water wheel as example! 

Cool I like the narrowboat it is similar to a half built one I found on a YouTube channel it was built on stud.io I want the next winter village to be a gingerbread house