Hi guys! It’s been a while since I last posted a MOC, but I haven’t had as much time to build as I would like to. So, without further ado, here it is: a wheeled asphalt paver.

I didn’t model it after a specific machine but inspired myself in the Volvo and CAT pavers. Initially I wanted to build it in green after Vogele, but I don’t have that many green panels. Maybe sometime in the future…

640x360.jpg

Like all my MOCs, it is fully manual. It has 4 functions:
- manual 4-wheel steering controlled by the right sided trans-yellow brick;
- tilting of the hopper controlled by the left sided trans-yellow brick;
- lowering/raising the screed via 2 small LA operated by the ball joints on both sides;
- extending/retracting the creed blades done by 2 large LA controlled by the black round 2L connector at the back.

It also has a 4-cylinder fake engine connected to the rear wheels via an old-style differential and the feeder conveyor belt rotates in the opposite direction of the rear wheels, feeding the “tarmac” as the paver moves forward.

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

I have built and rebuilt this MOC 2 times in the past months and I’m still not 100% happy with it. But improvements will have to wait at least until November.

More pictures can be found at my bricksafe account.

Here is the video showing it's functions. Sorry for the not so great quality

Suggestions, tips and comments in general are always welcome!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by jotta93
video added

Very unusual vehicle , great use of the tumbler tires :thumbup:

Very nice MOC! just saw a real one((BTW it was all yellow) couple of days ago and this Model looks very close. Thanks for sharing!

13 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Very interesting MOC! I would love to see a video and an RC version.

Thanks! I'll post a video towards the end of the month as I don't have much time now. I won't do a RC version though, I like my models manual :classic:

11 hours ago, LXF said:

Very unusual vehicle , great use of the tumbler tires :thumbup:

Thank you! I think the tumbler tires look great and would look even better if I had the rim in yellow :blush:

8 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Saw one of these on the way to work, this good representation of those machines. :thumbup:

6 hours ago, IstakaCiti said:

Very nice MOC! just saw a real one((BTW it was all yellow) couple of days ago and this Model looks very close. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you all! I too decided to build this MOC after seeing the real machine :classic:

50 minutes ago, jotta93 said:

Thanks! I'll post a video towards the end of the month as I don't have much time now. I won't do a RC version though, I like my models manual :classic:

I like mine with some power function (not rc though) and some manual :)

Nice MOC, like people already mentioned not the average type of construction vehicle, but I happen to like unusual subjects:laugh:. Nice functions also, smart use of the two yellow beacon lights for individual functions. Lowering the screed seems a bit slow though, would it be possible to fit a thin 20t gear in there to speed it up, or will it collide with the superstructure? Would also be cool if the screed blades could be extended individually, instead of both at the same time... But thats nitpicking, this is a great MOC!

On 30/07/2017 at 5:31 PM, Paknaloid said:

@jotta93 really love this MOC :wub:. Especially like the unusual subject, that it is manual not RC, and it is just executed really well.  I'd love to see it with some custom decals e.g. 

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your support! :blush:

On 30/07/2017 at 6:49 PM, Rudivdk said:

Nice MOC, like people already mentioned not the average type of construction vehicle, but I happen to like unusual subjects:laugh:. Nice functions also, smart use of the two yellow beacon lights for individual functions. Lowering the screed seems a bit slow though, would it be possible to fit a thin 20t gear in there to speed it up, or will it collide with the superstructure? Would also be cool if the screed blades could be extended individually, instead of both at the same time... But thats nitpicking, this is a great MOC!

Thank you, I too love your family car! :wink:Indeed all your suggestions would make it even better but sadly I only have one thin 20z single bevel gear. And my initial thoughts were to make this pneumatic which would allow to extend the blades and tilt the hopper individually but I couldn't tear down 42053. Maybe in the future I'll make an improved version 2.0 :laugh:

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

@jotta93 It is nice to see something different :thumbup:. We have only green here :sick:

Thank you :classic: Green is a major lack in my collection

1 hour ago, jotta93 said:

Thank you :classic: Green is a major lack in my collection

I also have only one green moc finished and parts for a half second one...