Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

wasn't 60196 rumored to be the arctic airplane exclusive?

I think the station number rumor just came from following past paterns.

However we indeed have a lot of missing numbers to be filled, perhaps with: Mining exclusive (60189 is vacant), Arctic exclusive, City Square type set, Trainstation... (just guessing, i have no insider knowledge)

@Johnmeel , you were correct - 60196 is definately the Artic Supply Aircraft: brickset has a pic of it:60196-1.jpg?201804200702

The aircraft is ok, the small accessory, too. But that overdimensional truck with spinning saw looks ugly! Plus there's again a sable tooth tiger and no sign of the rumored caveman and orca. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Perhaps there'll be another Arctic Exclusive with an ice-breaker in which the caveman and the orca will appear? I really do hope not - since I really want at least one civilian building in 2018 City and at the best a whole new Town Plan for its anniversary!

I think the saw blade vehicle looks pretty cool . . and that is a pretty nice plane. The second sabre-tooth is a bit disappointing, (as is the absence of a sloth) but hey. You know Lego would get flak if they put something rare and special like an orca into a retailer exclusive set. 

Heck, as someone who lives in Australia it's not uncommon for me to never even see some retail-exclusives. So I know I'd be cut up in that event.

Edited by Feng-huang0296

3 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

You know Lego would get flak if they put something rare and special like an orca into a retailer exclusive set. 

Why?! I wouldn't they so. In contrast exclusive sets get their exclusivity even from special elements or elements in different color or design which aren't available in regular sets: e. g. last year's Jungle subtheme had a tiger.

24 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

since I really want at least one civilian building in 2018 City and at the best a whole new Town Plan for its anniversary!

This please!

25 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

IMG_20180420_220727_399.jpg

Hey, correct me if I'm wrong, but is that one of the Juniors-style ramp parts I spy on the ice build?

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Hey, correct me if I'm wrong, but is that one of the Juniors-style ramp parts I spy on the ice build?

Looks to be.

The ice cutter land vehicle in that set looks great. Not keen on all the exposed studs on top of the plane' s wings though. :sceptic:

2 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Perhaps there'll be another Arctic Exclusive with an ice-breaker in which the caveman and the orca will appear? I really do hope not - since I really want at least one civilian building in 2018 City and at the best a whole new Town Plan for its anniversary!

There just has to be another exclusive; otherwise, the Orca and Caveman figures must have belonged to a scraped playset. We've already had two canceled sets that we know of for this year by the way. :look:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

We've already had two canceled sets that we know of for this year by the way. :look:

Which sets have been cancelled? :look:

7 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

Which sets have been cancelled? :look:

Two DC SuperHero Girl sets, whose leaked preliminaries we saw back in August last year. :sceptic:

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

Love the sabertooth tiger.  Good to see it get an increase in availability.

Yes, the sabertooth tiger is cool. As well as the other prehistoric animals like mammoth and mouse. But imo these animals are with the lack of a (decent sized) static station and mainly completely oversized vehicles the only good thing in the whole new Arctic theme! :sadnew:

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

So, the whale rumors were fake? :sad:

Sir von Lego has a really good track record so I would trust him and say that the rumor is real and it’s most likely coming in another exclusive set. Keep in mind the previous artic wave had two exclusives, the supply plane and the boat. So this line could easily have two exclusives. Also if you compare the previous artic line to the upcoming line, a lot of the sets are the same expect this upcoming line doesn’t have a artic boat. What if the other retail exclusive is a artic boat with the orca

Edited by Falconfan1414

Apologies if this has already been covered in this thread, but does anyone know how much the new City Hospital will cost, and when it will be released? Thanks! 

Just now, AnnaBuildsLego said:

Apologies if this has already been covered in this thread, but does anyone know how much the new City Hospital will cost, and when it will be released? Thanks! 

80€/$100, June.

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

80€/$100, June.

Thank you! When do you guys think we'll get better images of it? I hope we'll see clear pictures of it soon, my town's been perpetually missing a hospital. :classic:

20 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

Thank you! When do you guys think we'll get better images of it? I hope we'll see clear pictures of it soon, my town's been perpetually missing a hospital. :classic:

Normally in the comming weeks. 

14 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Yes, the sabertooth tiger is cool. As well as the other prehistoric animals like mammoth and mouse. But imo these animals are with the lack of a (decent sized) static station and mainly completely oversized vehicles the only good thing in the whole new Arctic theme! :sadnew:

I agree, the minifigs are also nice, but I prefer the last Arctic wave over this.. Hopefully the killer-whale will turn up somewhere! Lego probably know what they do with prehistoric animals and huge vehicles the kids are probably over the moon with this wave, me not so much :wacko:

Radiokontrol has official box images for the arctic subtheme for city summer 2018, sadly no images of the hospital or people pack.