Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, danimarroquin said:

only at target !!!

Nice set! Wonder if that includes shop@home as well :sceptic:

Wow, I like this one a lot: it's a nice little build, pretty minifigs and colourful accessories. Let's hope it'll be available in Europe, too.

LMAO the set name

Love all the printed tiles and I don't own that version of the dog yet

I'm getting this one for sure

On 8/27/2018 at 10:26 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Apart from the kiddish playmaths and the food set which contant could imo have been chosen better, the Xtra sets are hillarious and match perfectly in a Lego City! :thumbup:

I hope that TLG will release more of these (brick, not playmaths) Xtra sets next year! But even more I hope that the number of sets beeing allowed to buy will be heightened from 5 to min. 10!

To be honest, I'm kind of impressed with the new playmat design. Sure, they're aimed at kids, but at the same time they seem to be a lot more versatile than traditional road plates in a lot of ways (i.e. easier to make hills/terrain, more freedom in how you arrange models on the base), and certainly much more versatile than the sorts of non-interchangeable playmats LEGO has been making for decades now.

As far as the polybags go, they definitely do a great job filling a niche that's been unfilled for some time. While I wouldn't mind seeing more I'm wondering whether it would really be better to make the other ones as City/Town/Friends oriented or whether it might be good to have some more geared towards fantasy type themes — for instance, one geared towards themes like Castle, Elves, Adventurers, or Pirates could include plenty of stuff that's not too heavily theme- or faction-specific like a treasure chest with treasure, swords, unprinted shields, torches, spider webs, etc.

3 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you very much for the picture, @TypoCorrecto! :classic:

Since this is really a neat set, I do hope that it'll be available at S@H, too!

No problem. I just picked up my set. It's so exclusive that it wasn't even on the shelf yet at my local Target. They had to get it from a backroom.

On 9/13/2018 at 7:25 AM, Nexogeek said:

Wow that looks amazing for being a smaller size set, wonder what the price will be looks like a $20 set

Apparently, it is.

14 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

This is cool but...what is it? Why does it exist? :wacko:

It is a coffee and donut stand. It exists so people can get coffee and donuts.

Edited by Brick Dangerous

16 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

This is cool but...what is it? Why does it exist? :wacko:

It's an interesting question — I can't think of many non-seasonal store exclusives that weren't branded with any particular theme. While obviously the setting of a scene like this is in the same modern day family of themes that Town and City sets fall under, the branding is closer to the style that LEGO uses for a lot of the seasonal, promotional, or miscellaneous products that they usually sell through their own store and website.

While there's no reason LEGO can't sell a cute, fairly generic little vignette like this for a particular retailer at whatever time of year they want, it's definitely something I'm not used to seeing them do.

On 9/14/2018 at 1:54 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you very much for the picture, @TypoCorrecto! :classic:

Since this is really a neat set, I do hope that it'll be available at S@H, too!

What is S@H? I keep reading it a lot. Don't burn me at the stake, I am still new to Lego, lol

7 minutes ago, one79 said:

What is S@H? I keep reading it a lot. Don't burn me at the stake, I am still new to Lego, lol

Shop@Home, the LEGO online shop:

shop.lego.com

26 minutes ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Shop@Home, the LEGO online shop:

shop.lego.com

Thanks for the info. There is no Lego Online shop in my country. Only Lego Certified Store :cry_sad:

Now, I know I'm not the target demographic of the set but by god this year's Lego City Advent Calendar stinks. Do kids really like the micro builds or would they prefer more minifgure scale things like the ice cream machine or lamppost or the small car that holds a figure that they could play with and incorporate into their usual play routine. 

Only a handful of good days and good pieces. Santa and the chef are great and its always nice to get some ice skates and that pretty rare clock face... but other than that wow. Definitely don't pay full price for it. Got it at Costco for $22.99 so thats good. 

2013 advent calendar will always be my favorite because of all the minifigure stuff it included that actually looked nice.

The Fire 2019 City sets get a Water Pump + new sound (brick?) playfunctions. They look pretty cool, the hamburger fire rescue thingie is nothing you would expect tho (a building with a hamburger sign as a seperate build). The Sky Police sets get a parachute playfeature that works as in you throw it in the air with the minifig attached and they parachute down. 

Didn't pay that much attention to the rest, the garbage truck is a juniors set and looks, well.. Garbage. 

I've seen the 2019 preliminary catalog in person so I have no link and if I can remember more info I will share it here. 

Ah yea, the road baseplate packs are switched up. You now get the straight and T-Junction in 1 pack and the Crossroad + Curved road in the other one. 

Edited by Kevii23

16 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

The Fire 2019 City sets get a Water Pump + new sound (brick?) playfunctions. They look pretty cool, the hamburger fire rescue thingie is nothing you would expect tho (a building with a hamburger sign as a seperate build). The Sky Police sets get a parachute playfeature that works as in you throw it in the air with the minifig attached and they parachute down. 

Didn't pay that much attention to the rest, the garbage truck is a juniors set and looks, well.. Garbage. 

I've seen the 2019 preliminary catalog in person so I have no link and if I can remember more info I will share it here. 

Ah yea, the road baseplate packs are switched up. You now get the straight and T-Junction in 1 pack and the Crossroad + Curved road in the other one. 

Are the road plates identical?