Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

There were found at the Hamburg LEGO Brand Store.

Source: Promobricks

A very nice surprise, I will probably get them all, maybe even several of some of them.. Hopefully we will see some more in the future with focus on animals :wink:

I hope those polybags become available at the Dreamworld LEGO store, I would love to add a bunch of them to my collection.

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Hopefully we will see some more in the future with focus on animals :wink:

Someone should start a discussion topic (or at least a wishlist one) for this new line, as I can't imagine what this theme couldn't cover, given its seemingly broad nature! :grin:

21 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I've just been looking at the lego website at all the new sets available from today and stumbled across this

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Microscale-LEGO-Brand-Store-40305

This had been rumored for the past few weeks to be a future promo set but it seems that's not the case. It's available to buy right now from the UK lego store.

I know it's not really a city set but I think it's a fantastic looking little model and will fit in perfectly with other city buildings. It's only £21.99 as well. :sweet:

Oh, this is cool! I've been wanting a Lego Shop in my village - can't wait for it to become available in my area!

Three reviews from @just2good for some upcoming City sets, including the latest People Pack:

60190 Arctic Ice Glider

Spoiler

60191 Arctic Exploration Team

Spoiler

60202 Outdoor Adventures

Spoiler

So, at this point are we writing off another large Arctic set (similar to 2014 Ice Breaker) and the orca? :sadnew:

10 hours ago, Lucarex said:

So, at this point are we writing off another large Arctic set (similar to 2014 Ice Breaker) and the orca? :sadnew:

Presumably, I guess. :look:

I wish those accessory polybags were available here in Australia but I haven't seen them at the Dreamworld store :(

On 6/20/2018 at 2:06 AM, danimarroquin said:

Great pollybags , found them in Europe but still missing from the US market . Also saw the card board road , beach and park base plates . 

Saw all of the Xtra  Polybags yesterday here in Indianapolis, wanted to pick up a couple but went way over budget with the Pirate Roller Coaster. Hopefully they will be around awhile, they were on that little stand with the key chains and stuff. 

Edited by Johnny1360

So a leaker called michael_bricks_vol.7 seems to have released pictures Mormon a new polybag pack. It consists of a bunch of sub-builds that seem to be designed to 'Max-Max-ify' regular City vehicles; adding oversized exhaust pipes, reinforced front bumpers, and even a crane. 

Anyone got thoughts on this fandom inclusion?

Personally, I think it might be some kind of tie-in to The Lego Movie 2; we know about the post-apocalyptic setting that Bricksburg has turned into. These additions certainly make City vehicles look like matches for the theme. 

8 hours ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Quick question for anyone who has bought one of the sets with the kayak in it: Can you fit two minifigs in the seating area?

I don't think so, just tried. The seat is basically 2x3 studs, so I guess you could if you remove their legs or have them standing up. 

Just something to note not sure if related any bit to the Orca rumor but when the arctic set and boost are combined there is a brick built whale. Just figured it was worth mentioning. 

On 7/3/2018 at 6:05 PM, Johnny1360 said:

I don't think so, just tried. The seat is basically 2x3 studs, so I guess you could if you remove their legs or have them standing up. 

Alright thanks!

I am not sure if you have noticed, but the way how the "modularity" of the New Hospital is been designed, makes me wonder. Why? Simple, you have a possibility to create your own version of the hospital layout. The current Fire Station was the first to allow such combination - where kid could make the shape of the station in a way he/she wants to. Pretty that the use of those connector constructions with Technic Black Pin made the it quite difficult to do - you have no idea how many times my set got "destroyed" due of that ... Now, the hospital on another hand allow that in more user-friendly way. 

Also, this year is the last for both the current Fire and Police stations - so next year we should see a new ones :) - and I think they will be in a similar share (combination of the layout) that the new hospital has.

Regards

I built up the Captial as well as the Hospital in the last weeks - both are really stunning sets! :wub:

So I really hope that 2019 will see more civilian sets - and esp. buildings - in the same size of these!

Plus I even really like it how TLG links the subthemes of CIty (injured miner in the hospital, money transfer van in this year's Police subtheme as extension to last year's bank, ...). :thumbup:

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

15 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Plus I even really like it how TLG links the subthemes of CIty (injured miner in the hospital, money transfer van in this year's Police subtheme as extension to last year's bank, ...)

I like how they do this too as it provides good continuity between the different sets and helps to link all the sub themes together. Another example of this is the new city cargo train has a small arctic vehicle inside one of the container crates.

45 minutes ago, Mattybrick said:

When well we hear news of the new city sets that are due to come out in Winter 2019?

Given that San Diego Comic-Con is now finally over, we should be hearing our first rumors for the theme presumably as early as next month come August. 

P.S. There is already a discussion topic started for 2019 City sets. :wink:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On July 1, 2018 at 3:40 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

So a leaker called michael_bricks_vol.7 seems to have released pictures Mormon a new polybag pack. It consists of a bunch of sub-builds that seem to be designed to 'Max-Max-ify' regular City vehicles; adding oversized exhaust pipes, reinforced front bumpers, and even a crane. 

Anyone got thoughts on this fandom inclusion?

Personally, I think it might be some kind of tie-in to The Lego Movie 2; we know about the post-apocalyptic setting that Bricksburg has turned into. These additions certainly make City vehicles look like matches for the theme. 

Saw some pics of these today- I call them "Pimp-Out Packs"

So, has everyone seen the new Xtra play mat packs?

Psrsonally, the water-themed ones - 853841 - are gorgeous, and I'm considering using them for the bay area in my village layout. (I don't have the budget for fully tiled over ocean baseplates, and these look like a much cheaper alternative.) But I'm not sure how compatible the playmats are with standard baseplates, which is what the rest of my village, including the surrounding areas, are built on. In particular I'm wondering if the playmats' thickness might line up with the water level of the two Ninjago City sets. 

Is there anyone who has one or more of these playmats and can compare how they sit with baseplates for me?

On 6/24/2018 at 3:40 AM, Johnny1360 said:

Saw all of the Xtra  Polybags yesterday here in Indianapolis, wanted to pick up a couple but went way over budget with the Pirate Roller Coaster. Hopefully they will be around awhile, they were on that little stand with the key chains and stuff. 

I can confirm that they’re all available in the Sawgrass Mills store near Fort Lauderdale in Florida too.

Apart from the kiddish playmaths and the food set which contant could imo have been chosen better, the Xtra sets are hillarious and match perfectly in a Lego City! :thumbup:

I hope that TLG will release more of these (brick, not playmaths) Xtra sets next year! But even more I hope that the number of sets beeing allowed to buy will be heightened from 5 to min. 10!