Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

On the other hand, firstly this would be the first time in Lego's Trains theme history of the last years that TLG released a new Trains subtheme without any train station. Plus some time ago we got the info (I think it was @Sir von Lego) that there'll be a caveman and an orca in this year's (exclusive) Arctic sets. Now we see that the caveman appears in the Capital. So wouldn't it be likely that the orca appeared in another, not still known (Arctic) Exclusive? So then only the other set number in the row (60199 or 60203) would be missing and could likely be a station.

Not a bad idea, but we did get a train station pretty recently; the Winter Village Station. And we all know that Winter Village sets have production runs or three Christmases; ergo it'll come back into production not long after the summer wave hits. It's totally possible that the designers think the Winter Train Station fills that role. 

16 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

What if the missing Arctic exclusive set was meant to be a TRU exclusive? How is TRU exclusives not released yet being handled? Hope the set with the orca get released and who's to say the caveman reported to be in that set isn't still in it but frozen in ice and the one in the capital set is the same caveman but unfrozen and on display? We know Lego likes doing things like that in city set (fun at the park baby being a kid in the recent camper set) 

Really hoping this is the case. I guess how they'd handle it is offer the set to other TLG-friendly retailers, like Smyths in Ireland/UK who have recently offered to honour TRU rewards.

3 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

No Station, just two trains.

Any update as the orca situation SvL?

If you look at the last trains line, the station (60050) disappeared from shelves much faster than the white passenger train or the blue cargo train. Its entirely possible that train stations don't sell as well as the actual trains which is why we aren't getting a new one.

9 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

No Station, just two trains.

Do you know whatever happened to the upcoming Arctic set which was to come with the new Orca mold? :shrug_confused:

22 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Do you know whatever happened to the upcoming Arctic set which was to come with the new Orca mold? :shrug_confused:

any details on this, was it shown or discussed?

On 5/4/2018 at 9:33 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Wasn't the caveman rumored to be in the same arctic set as the Orca? If so I wonder if the one in the capital set is meant to be the same one on display. Hope we do get the Orca set, was there rumored of what else the set was?

I am really happy with the new 'City Centre' style set we've got. The Museum, I feel, can easily work as an out-building attraction for the Museum structure we got back in 2012. It will be nice perhaps adding the outlying building, in addition to some other details.

The Hotel is beautiful and a much needed addition to our city setups.

The other components are also super nice.

12 hours ago, toydad2 said:

any details on this, was it shown or discussed?

I believe we never saw any images of the set or its contents, only a vague description of an exclusive set said to have been of an arctic icebreaker with a new Orca mold.

8 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

Wasn't the caveman rumored to be in the same arctic set as the Orca?

I don't believe so, I think? :shrug_confused:

21 minutes ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

when will the new people pack be coming out ???

cheers 

June like the rest of the sets

@Bricked1980 thanks.

I must admit friends hospital was better. I thought they would use another colors, red and white are just so expected and boring now. I don't like they included small helicopter, they could use its part count for something else. Otherwise looking forward to new hairpiece.

New pics of the trains are out on Brickset. Not a fan of the cargo train but that passenger train looks really cool, I want one.

18 minutes ago, Borex said:

Is the trolley suitcase new?

Yes, it is!

Odd choice of color to introduce a new mould tho

58 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Yes, it is!

Odd choice of color to introduce a new mould tho

True! But a welcome addition to travelling lego figs!

3 hours ago, Borex said:

Is the trolley suitcase new?

New, but not exclusive. It also pops up in one of the Summer Friends sets. 

I'll admit it, I like those two trains. But my problem is, they're both very metropolitan, they only fit into a modern city. Neither of them will fit into my village's thematic - and that's saying something, considering the variety of buildings I have. 

Please, Lego, bring us something with more style! Like an updated Emerald Night!

You could always buy the new Hogwarts Express and modify it (it looks to be fairly simple to modify it so it wasn't a Hogwarts Express and instead just a nice looking red steam train)

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

You could always buy the new Hogwarts Express and modify it (it looks to be fairly simple to modify it so it wasn't a Hogwarts Express and instead just a nice looking red steam train)

My city setup will probably have two active trains.  I already have the current City Passenger train and am looking to get one more.  Getting the next passenger train will result in two very similar trains.  Although I am not at all into Harry Potter, that train does look interesting.  Too bad it does not come with one more passenger car.  I could see buying one or two and just leaving the stickers off.  The station parts will also be useful when it is finally time to build some type of train terminal in the setup.