Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I really like the hospital, but is there a patients room anywhere? The top room is definitely an exam room or surgery. In this case, everybody is bound to leave after they were treated :laugh:

It's not a deal-breaker for me, but an little extra room for the patients to get well would have made it perfect. (maybe buy a second set and fill the empty floors with beds :wink:).

Thank you all very much for the info! :classic:

So that we've got final and even very detailed pictures of the Outdoor Adventures as well as of the Hospital, here's my detailed comment:

Outdoor Adventures:

negative:

- no new smartphone prints (the designs and colors are already years old and need a refreshment in new and much more common colors (like black and white))

- no climber's accessory (apart from the helmet)

- baby's clothing is again only in one color without any pattern

- use of the extremely old and unfitting backpack and that even in brown

- baby's face has the same expression as the one before

positive:

+ eight new torsos of which the absolute majority can be used for regular City (meaning inside the city), too

+ some new face prints

+ a cool new female hair piece

+ eagle looks amazing

+ tent is highly welcome

+ guidepost is a perfect addition

+ fried egg as a nice new accessory

+ baby "holder" is great

+ really like the new downhill bicycle

+ much more attractive minifigure selection and accessory than in last year's Fun at the Beach

Hospital:

negative:

- ambulance has no place inside for a paramedic to examine the injured, which is really a big fault and in principle the only real thing disturbing me in this set

- no patient's room(s)

- small reception is missing (the chair and the computer belong to the emergency ward)

- small heli as well as little helipad are needless (parts should better go to a bigger ambulance for more interior)

positive:

+ use of the small heli as some sort of organ transport (?)

+ very good looking exterior design of the small heli as well as of the ambulance

+ great and very fitting modern architecture of the building in white-red with a lot of glass

+ modular system (much better for storaging the set!)

+ excellent and very detailed interior

+ a lot of accessory

+ baby and buggy included

+ examination room and operating room

+ first really decent (System scale) hospital in the whole history of Lego

So all in all these are both two absolutely amazing sets which I'll buy for sure! :wub::wub::wub:

That hospital is looking good. For the city fans they need to buy a few to make it more bulky, but it is a great set

So unless I've forgot any, the only city sets left to be revealed are the new trains. I bet either tomorrow or Friday we will have pics of those too.

That's a pretty decent looking hospital even if I won't be getting it. Looks very nice from the exterior, and the interior seems to be packed with quite some details! 

Oh, nice. I am pleasantly surprised by the hospital. It has been a long while since we got a decent one.

Ok, that helicopter is way to small and not interesting to me (don't get me wrong, I really like helicopters but this just isn't a good one). But it adds a lot of play value to the younger people, which I understand. But apart from that I think they really did a great job here.

A hospital! Its quite a surprise to me to see a set like that again, but it really fits in the recent direction of having more large-ish buildings again and a bit less emphasis on vehicles/smaller modules. This definitely goes into the right direction. Needs some MOCing though to be more displayable, but as a play-set, this offers already a lot.:classic:

Is anything known about the pricing yet?

On 4/25/2018 at 3:22 AM, jonwil said:

The baby (including the new head) is in one of the Incredibles 2 sets. (first ever flesh toned baby) Maybe there was a need to create a new mold for some reason for that set (e.g. Disney wanted it) and now that they have it, they are going to use it everywhere.

The new head is also on the baby in https://brickset.com/sets/70643-1/Temple-of-Resurrection (who, oddly, BrickLink doesn't count as a minifigure). I suspect the neck was added specifically so it would be easier to take apart a baby built on a non-standard body like the one in that set.

On 4/25/2018 at 4:02 PM, Bricked1980 said:

So unless I've forgot any, the only city sets left to be revealed are the new trains. I bet either tomorrow or Friday we will have pics of those too.

If they're August sets then it might be longer than that before we see pictures of them. It's not unheard of for LEGO to split summer sets from different subthemes between the June and August waves.

11 hours ago, Aanchir said:

The new head is also on the baby in https://brickset.com/sets/70643-1/Temple-of-Resurrection (who, oddly, BrickLink doesn't count as a minifigure). I suspect the neck was added specifically so it would be easier to take apart a baby built on a non-standard body like the one in that set.

If they're August sets then it might be longer than that before we see pictures of them. It's not unheard of for LEGO to split summer sets from different subthemes between the June and August waves.

In the UK, the summer sets come out in June. Apart from TLNM sets. I have a feeling Harry Potter will follow suit.

I love that double decker touring bus! This must be the new ‘City square’ type set that people were hoping would be released this year. 

24 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Wow, what a great set. Where did you find pictures? 

I love hotel, cars, skateboard park, caveman. the only thing i don't like is construction's site, everything else is superb ??

The caveman is in the capital city set, which makes the possibility of the whale slim. But I love this set, the hotel is amazing everything is amazing

Wow!! This is out of the blue, I was really hoping they'd do another large City centre style set. I love the bus, the hotel and all the vehicles. What an awesome looking set!

This looks fantastic!  Except for the basketball hoop.  I really hate the scale of that hoop piece, it is so far out of proportion to everything else.

Nice find. First impression not as good as 60097 however there is a lot I like such as the Hotel, looks like it could easily be expanded, the double deck tourist bus, the snack shack, electric car recharge facility.

The Museum is a bit disappointing and why a crane again like in 60026.

Finally there is a Police motor bike but can't see a police officer. At first I thought it was the guy all in black doing traffic control in top picture, but in bottom picture I think he is the concierge at the hotel.

What a surprise! Didn't see this coming... There are nice elements in this set. The hop-on hop-off bus is the highlight for me. And the hotel building is a good base/starting point for a big moc. In contrary, the museum/exhibition is very very weak and empty. The idea is nice though.

But in the end, I have to admit I really hoped for a new, more "Town Plan oriented" set this year.

Edited by BrickyBoy

I saw this on a Facebook post only an hour or so ago.......mind blown we all knew that there would be that once every two years mega city set. I must say the Museum is underdone by I feel it's that way because its under construction.

Be great to see better pictures.....I wonder if Lego did this to tease us into talking it up before an official announcement ?

On 25.04.2018 at 9:39 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

+ first really decent (System scale) hospital in the whole history of Lego

Sorry, but Imo the Heartlake Hospital one wins over any other.

New set looks cool, but after close inspection it's a mess - One room for a HOTEL, Undeeded Ramp, Thah one box museum...
Good for pieces I guess?
Also it seems we ARE getting rumored Caveman - you know what that means? CRYPTIDS HUNTERS will be next City subtheme! <3

Edited by Lordofdragonss

18 minutes ago, scottwb2010 said:

Nice find. First impression not as good as 60097 however there is a lot I like such as the Hotel, looks like it could easily be expanded, the double deck tourist bus, the snack shack, electric car recharge facility.

The Museum is a bit disappointing and why a crane again like in 60026.

Finally there is a Police motor bike but can't see a police officer. At first I thought it was the guy all in black doing traffic control in top picture, but in bottom picture I think he is the concierge at the hotel.

The police officer is eating an ice cream!

So the museum is under construction? Maybe it's finished at the end of the year, could be the new 2019 modular? :tongue:

It's rare that a City set wows me as much as this one does! So much novelty in one package. Even if the buildings are kind of small and sparsely furnished (which, let's be honest, usually tends to be the case with City and Town buildings), they feel really distinct from past City buildings. The skate park, double decker bus, and ice cream truck also feel really unique compared to what we've seen before. The cars are not so unique, but they're still really classy designs. I don't plan to get this set but I'm really impressed with what the designers were able to come up with!