Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The baby's body does look a very light green to me.

I am really liking the look of the new mountain bike!

Unless I missed it, no mention of the new life jackets? Granted they’ll probably be everywhere soon, but after seeing so many complaints about the current ones I’d’ve thought that would be the most exciting thing in the people pack for a lot of us.

Just now, Aanchir said:

Unless I missed it, no mention of the new life jackets? Granted they’ll probably be everywhere soon, but after seeing so many complaints about the current ones I’d’ve thought that would be the most exciting thing in the people pack for a lot of us.

*oh2*

I didn't notice there are new lifejackets!

Related image

I hope that awful mould that leaves a gap in the neck will be destroyed and never used again

As far as new molds in this people pack go, the eagle and the mountain bike frame have to be the highlights for me, but that baby carrier is kinda cool too! :thumbup: :classic:

By the way, where does the hairpiece on the older female figure in this pack come from? Is it new? :shrug_confused:

5 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, where does the hairpiece on the older female figure in this pack come from? Is it new? :shrug_confused:

Yes

But it looks very similar to the hair of the Incredible 2 villain Voyd. Curiouser and curiouser...... 

Image result for incredible 2 Voyd

Just now, Robert8 said:

But it looks very similar to the hair of the Incredible 2 villain Voyd. Curiouser and curiouser...... 

Well, I don't think a hairpiece done for that character would be so textured. Perhaps it had initially been designed for either a Harry Potter or Fantastic Beasts minifigure and/or CMF?

30 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Fun fact there is another new mold in this set. The baby head. The baby head now has a little neck

That's crazy you know.... why would they do this?

Why would they spend money in a new mould like this? A neck in the baby was like no needed at all. 

Even if they are reusing the baby for a licensed themed, as baby Luke or baby Harry or Baby Superman, there is no reason for them at all to need a neck in the baby head 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Why would they spend money in a new mould like this? A neck in the baby was like no needed at all. 

Even if they are reusing the baby for a licensed themed, as baby Luke or baby Harry or Baby Superman, there is no reason for them at all to need a neck in the baby head 

Maybe the torso’s a new mold as well, with posable arms and legs :laugh:

On a seperate note this new set is awesome! I’ve gotten the previous two people packs and am looking forward to picking this one up as well. All the new molds are fantastic, but all the new torso prints definitly take the cake. 

Edited by Foxes Productionz

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The baby (including the new head) is in one of the Incredibles 2 sets. (first ever flesh toned baby) Maybe there was a need to create a new mold for some reason for that set (e.g. Disney wanted it) and now that they have it, they are going to use it everywhere.

Terrific set, this new people pack! Multiples required.
Looks like a new round 1x1 tile with a "sunny-side-upp-egg" pattern! Hope it is not a sticker.
Assuming the pics are not prelims, I'll post it here. Please remove if this is out of order.

image.png.6de3ef32d328866cbbf4ff558c0dfd42.png

Edited by Withacee

13 minutes ago, Withacee said:

Terrific set, this new people pack! Multiples required.
Looks like a new round 1x1 tile with a "sunny-side-upp-egg" pattern! Hope it is not a sticker.
Assuming the pics are not prelims, I'll post it here. Please remove if this is out of order.

image.png.6de3ef32d328866cbbf4ff558c0dfd42.png

It's not new, already appeared (print not sticker) in TLBM Egghead's Mech.

Edited by Lucarex

27 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

In that set these are 2 by 2. For the disc shooter. This one is a 1 by 1. 

9 minutes ago, Kjellevirus said:

In that set these are 2 by 2. For the disc shooter. This one is a 1 by 1. 

Ah apologies 

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

Missed that one, thanks!
@Kjellevirus Indeed, apparently that is a 2x2.
Great parts, both of them. The 1x1 looks more to scale with the minifigs.
We could do with a few dozen of these in our city :classic:

Edited by Withacee

Not sure if this old news or not, but high res pictures of set 60204 City Hospital are making the rounds at the moment. Looks pretty darn good

10 minutes ago, Jar Jar Bricks said:

Not sure if this old news or not, but high res pictures of set 60204 City Hospital are making the rounds at the moment. Looks pretty darn good

Yes you're right. Just been looking at the pictures on "The Brothers Brick". It looks a great set. Pics on the back of the box make it look as if the floors can be separated like a modular building.

Edited by Bricked1980

Nice use of light brick/x-ray on the new City hospital .

Not sure yet how it compares to 41318 Heartlake Hospital in terms of interior/playability as the kids will want one/either.

Holy crap, did . . did they actually manage to condense a good-looking hospital into a . . what is that, 16x24? With chunks taken out on opposite corners?

The Heartlake Hospital was the width of a whole baseplate. It was the main reason I didn't get that, it took up too much space. But this thing? . . Still a little too metropolitan for my village's taste, but I can certainly overlook that in favour of how well designed this beautiful pile of plastic is. Standard trashy helicopter, destined to be scrapped for parts, cute ambulance, gonna keep that, excellent minifigure count . . hot damn. I have no idea if this thing is actually going to be in my budget or not (which is stretched pretty thin with the Ninjago, .Jurassic World and Fantastic Beasts stuff) but if it is it definitely has a place in my City.  

Edited by Feng-huang0296

HOLD ON!  IS THAT GIRL GIVING BIRTH IN THE BACK OF THE BOX??? *oh2**oh2**oh2*

OMG the guy with the green sweater is right next to her and in another picture you can see him walking out of the hospital with the baby :oh:

At long last a decent City Hospital will plenty play features with Multi department and also the Helicopter and Ambulance too. Yeh the helicopter is a flying doctor and no capacity for patients but set 60179 Ambulance Helicopter will be a good companion for this set. And lastly, there is a good quantity and  variety of minifigs to go with a stand alone set. :thumbup:

18 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

HOLD ON!  IS THAT GIRL GIVING BIRTH IN THE BACK OF THE BOX??? *oh2**oh2**oh2*

OMG the guy with the green sweater is right next to her and in another picture you can see him walking out of the hospital with the baby :oh:

Ha Ha. First look at the picture gives that impression. But if you zoom in, she has actually already given birth as you can see the baby's head with a milk bottle behind the doctors head. :grin:

Edited by scottwb2010

The Hospital is AMAZING. :wub: All those figures, a really nice-looking building, such a cute ambulance... My town has never had a hospital, so this was sorely needed. There are definitely places where I would have liked walls that could be on hinges or such and open, but I understand that the designers wanted the interior to be easily accessible for playability (and it's easily modified). Just a really lovely set. Do we know how much it will cost? 

Just noticed on the box art that on the front view, it looks like the one of the medical staff has been omitted, as there are 12 minifigs with the set, but the female who is carrying out the eyesight test on the rear view is the only minifig not shown on the front. Don't know if this is an error but she was on the preliminary pics!