Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

On 28.1.2018 at 12:09 AM, Legocitycustoms said:

I don't like what LEGO City is doing, I mean Arctic is not City, Mountains, swamps,mines are not City.

I find myself buying more Creator sets then City sets.

My favorite theme is City, but I just feel left out the last years.

Absolutely agree, I have no use for all that outlandish stuff, but I guess it's what the kids like. Good thing there are always some decent Creator sets to populate our cities with.

Better images of the hospital have shown up and it appears it comes with a lobby, examination room, and a X-ray room. It also appears to include a new arm cast mold

About the new People Pack,i saw a blurry Image of it and it seems we are getting a Mountainbike.I first mistook it for the Enduro Bike but the lime green Frame looks more like the one of a Bicycle.

anyone else thinks it´s a MTB?

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Better images of the hospital have shown up and it appears it comes with a lobby, examination room, and a X-ray room. It also appears to include a new arm cast mold

Where?

You can check reddit for legoleaks, then follow to a discord channel where all the prelims are posted. Hospital and two of the large arctic sets so far. + trains.

The Hospital still seems bland to me. I will have to decide whether to buy or not based on the interior - I already hate wasting piece count on YET ANOTHER helicopter and an ambulance that doesn't really look like an ambulance. 12 minifgs + a skeleton though, tempting.

Is this true about the new high res images of the hospital and trains? I've been scouring the internet but all I can find is the low quality pics that were leaked a couple of weeks ago.

I've just noticed that the higher quality image of the hospital along with the trains that were being discussed a few days ago have now been uploaded to Youtube.

On 2/1/2018 at 2:28 PM, badchriss said:

About the new People Pack,i saw a blurry Image of it and it seems we are getting a Mountainbike.I first mistook it for the Enduro Bike but the lime green Frame looks more like the one of a Bicycle.

anyone else thinks it´s a MTB?

More like a "Fat Tire" bike if you ask me.

Any news on a second wave of jungle themed CITY sets? It's a shame that there wasn't a Headquarters style set.

1 hour ago, Venefic said:

Any news on a second wave of jungle themed CITY sets? It's a shame that there wasn't a Headquarters style set.

There won't be second wave of Jungle sets

This year we'll get artic explorers

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is perpetually disappointed by helicopters.  You can see a few occasionally if you're in a big city, but they are not as common as cars.  However, we tend to get a 1:1 or a 2:3 ratio of helicopters to cars in sets it seems.  I have actually refused to buy some of the police and arctic sets simply because they had helicopters in them and I'm tired of them.  I find that they're hard to display and lose their interest when they are everywhere.

I am excited to see what the new hospital is going to be like and the people pack for the mountain as well.  I'm hoping we get a few more mountain sets this year later on.

2 hours ago, Grover said:

we tend to get a 1:1 or a 2:3 ratio of helicopters to cars in sets it seems.

I wish lego would release more generic cars under the city range. We get plenty of things like Moster trucks, dragsters and this years land speed record car. I appreciate these are probably more exiting for kids but I wish they would release a few more "normal" commuter style cars. They are often included as part of larger sets but I think the last time they released a car on its own was this set several years ago.

https://brickset.com/sets/3177-1/Small-Car

I am with you.  More generic cars would be great.  I remember as a kid not liking the lack of cars.  Looking around, I see mostly cars and pickup trucks, with a few things like garbage trucks and service vehicles.  Looking around my Lego town, you have a dragster, several semis, a monster truck, two cement mixers, a snow plow, a pickup with a caravan... and 2 actual cars.  Unless you MOC something, you don't have enough cars.  Personally, I think that any set that is a house should come with a car.  Even vehicle sets that are touted to be nothing but vehicles and to come with a car, like this:

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Education-Vehicles-Set-Motorcycles/dp/B0085Y3V5Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518386500&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+education+vehicles

That set doesn't even have a car.  Why not delete the helicopter from the police, fire, and hospital sets and put a normal car in its place?

15 hours ago, Grover said:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is perpetually disappointed by helicopters.  You can see a few occasionally if you're in a big city, but they are not as common as cars.  However, we tend to get a 1:1 or a 2:3 ratio of helicopters to cars in sets it seems.  I have actually refused to buy some of the police and arctic sets simply because they had helicopters in them and I'm tired of them.  I find that they're hard to display and lose their interest when they are everywhere.

I am excited to see what the new hospital is going to be like and the people pack for the mountain as well.  I'm hoping we get a few more mountain sets this year later on.

Helicopters are the favourite vehicle of the target market - children.

Some children don't have enough money for the big helicopters so they put smaller helicopters in smaller sets.

14 hours ago, J4ck said:

Helicopters are the favourite vehicle of the target market - children.

Some children don't have enough money for the big helicopters so they put smaller helicopters in smaller sets.

Really?  That surprises me.  I'm not saying it's not true, just surprised.  I hated helicopters as a kid as I saw them as a waste of bricks and something not easily put into a state that looked like it was natural.  They always had to be landed or suspended by string.  Interesting that's what kids want.

On 12 February 2018 at 11:47 PM, Grover said:

Really?  That surprises me.  I'm not saying it's not true, just surprised.  I hated helicopters as a kid as I saw them as a waste of bricks and something not easily put into a state that looked like it was natural.  They always had to be landed or suspended by string.  Interesting that's what kids want.

Jangbricks talked about it in one of his videos.

On 2/12/2018 at 11:47 PM, Grover said:

I can imagine kids thinking helicopters are exiting and cool. It surprises me though that they are as popular as they are. Surely kids would rather have something with wheels that they can push along.

Ford Mustang by a longshot.  Pretty much any car, really, except maybe a Festiva or something.  I could maybe get behind an Apache or an Osprey or something, but an AS350?  Bleh.  My opinion, though.