Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

12 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Lego is at the NY Toy Fair every year, but the London Toy Fair is on the 23rd, so expect to hear at least descriptions of the sets by then. Images will most likely come at the Nuremberg Toy Fair, which starts on the 31st.

Well apparently I just found the leaked images of the engines for those sets.

The passenger train is similar to last years train, but its less pleasant looking...  it kinda resembles the Eurostar bullet train

the Diesel for the cargo train is an old diesel from Germany (dual cab = front and back) but we saw the engine being sold by MEmodels for a pretty penny.  Lego's version is pretty plain from the looks of it.

I think also they will be discontinuing the Flex track, the info given on this thread along with set numbers seems to point that direction.

here is what the Passenger train will be based on (same colors):  6056528214_f5aefc5038.jpg

and the diesel for the Cargo train will be colored teal, and be based on this: Img_5232.jpg

Edited by ncx

29 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Lego is at the NY Toy Fair every year, but the London Toy Fair is on the 23rd, so expect to hear at least descriptions of the sets by then. Images will most likely come at the Nuremberg Toy Fair, which starts on the 31st.

LEGO won't be at the London Toy Fair this year 

https://www.promobricks.de/london-toy-fair-2018-ohne-lego-stand/50772

Edited by Robert8

Good. The London Toy Fair is useless waste of time with LEGO not allowing pictures.

8 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Hi

On the Train theme in the 2018 Train thread, they are saying that photo’s won’t be allowed on the Lego stand at Nuremberg either!

3 hours ago, Brick Lover said:

Yes. It's really showy on 60175. Strange colours and minifigures... It's more and more strange that they use preliminaries... (f. e., Shanghai 21039's box on their own website, the City competition, etc.) ?

Edit: and it seems on the top right minifigure head on the boxes, too. A policeman... But on the 2HY 2017 City preliminaries, there was the policeman, too. (f. e., Cargo Terminal 60169)

@mariopower10 left Twitter... ?

Unfortunately someone in their Creative team needs to show more attention to detail and probably some better systems are required to differentiate preliminary from final images. Seems somewhat amateurish.

35 minutes ago, Brick Lover said:

Yeah.

Do you remember SinQel (last year)? This year, they don't have a summer list of sets… ?

Save the date:

3.00 PM, 31st January, 2018

Toy Fair Nuremberg/Spielwarenmesse

Oh no, there won't be allowed to take photos or write lists or descriptions. (according to different German blogs at least)

??

We will get pictures for sure on the New York Toy Fair. Starting on the 17th February. 

26 minutes ago, Kjellevirus said:

We will get pictures for sure on the New York Toy Fair. Starting on the 17th February. 

And if they ban photo’s at NY toy fair there is always a chance we might have got something from Lego World, Copenhagen that runs from 15th to 18th Feb

3 hours ago, scottwb2010 said:

And if they ban photo’s at NY toy fair there is always a chance we might have got something from Lego World, Copenhagen that runs from 15th to 18th Feb

I never understood why Lego banned photos from themes like City anyway, it makes no sense to me.  Surely if anything it would just give them more advertisement at an earlier date.:look:

I suspect the reason they are going so hard against leaks and against having photos and info out too early has to do with the increasing amount of fakes and bootlegs out there as well as marketing. Firstly if the info gets out too early, it gives the bootleggers more time to get their own products out. And secondly, it can hurt sales of the current product if the news about the new stuff is out there too early (I cant find any details but there was at least one computer company that put out marketing for their new machine too early and everyone stopped buying the current one because the new one was better and that hurt the computer company to the point they went bust or failed or something)

I am sure there are people on here who have said "in light of xyz comming out later in the year, I will not buy the set currently on the shelves that I was thinking of buying" (I made the decision to take the Joker Mansion off my wish list as soon as news of a proper Creator Expert roller-coaster came out for example)

40 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I am sure there are people on here who have said "in light of xyz comming out later in the year, I will not buy the set currently on the shelves that I was thinking of buying" (I made the decision to take the Joker Mansion off my wish list as soon as news of a proper Creator Expert roller-coaster came out for example)

Yeah, I've been there. I was literally just a couple of days from buying 70905 The Batmobile when they unveiled 70917 The Ultimate Batmobile. I immediately thought; "Wait, so there's gonna be a bigger set later in the year that also comes with a Batmobile, as well as a Batwing, Bat-Cycle and Bat-Tank? Screw 70905, I'm saving my money for the Ultimate version!"

5 hours ago, scottwb2010 said:

Even so, while I understand their reasoning . . . DAMN IT I'M CURIOUS AND I WANT TO SEE THOSE PHOTOS SO GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!

Over in the 2018 Lego Trains thread somebody has posted a link to reddit showing packaging shots of the 2 new City train sets, 60197 and 60198. They both look great.

To me the new cargo train trails behind the current 60051. However, the passenger train is thank goodness NOT a high-speed rail but I easily recognise the famous Arlanda express, which is nice.

Nevertheless, a metro train would be perfect as a passenger one.

On 15.01.2018 at 7:21 AM, ncx said:

here is what the Passenger train will be based on (same colors):  6056528214_f5aefc5038.jpg

No, I don't think so.

The new train looks much more like Arlanda express, a train connecting Stockholm to Arlanda airport:

15 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I never understood why Lego banned photos from themes like City anyway, it makes no sense to me.  Surely if anything it would just give them more advertisement at an earlier date.:look:

It makes plenty of sense. Lego's secrecy isn't just about preventing "spoilers" for high-profile licenses and such. It's also about preventing other competitors with a quicker production turnaround from getting the drop on Lego by releasing their own similar products alongside or even before Lego's upcoming releases. So, for instance, suppose the reveal of Lego's Jungle Exploration subtheme had come about a month earlier than the New York Toy Fair date—that's a whole other month for some competing brand to come up with their own "Jungle Hero" or "Wild City" sort of brand that, even if not identical to Lego's own, have the potential to siphon off sales of Lego's own product line. I use the Jungle Exploration subtheme as an example not just because it's recent but also because as the City theme branches out and becomes less predictable, the novelty of the new subthemes offers greater potential to competitors.

Thank you very much for the link to the pic, bobbybat! :classic:

That Outdoor Adventures People Pack looks promising! We'll get wandering, climbing, driving through wild water and downhill biking. The inclusion of an eagle is great! I really missed the baby last year and am consequently happy that it returns.

I hope that we (in contrast to the beach pack from last year) will get many new faces and torsos - the baby included (if it was again ony white, that would be boring) -, that there will be new mobile phones and that the big “thing“ in the middle will be a tent.

Btw: Since TLG doesn't allow pics and descriptions from Nuremberg Toy Fair, I hope that they then will publish a complete sets list and at least one official pic for every set at this month's end!

The images of the 2HY of LEGO City sets and other themes as well have already been found from the leaked catalog from google.:pir-cry_sad: I think you may find the link by yourself.

For the Arctic series (60190-60195), the colour theme is still orange and white similar to 2014's design. For the largest set 60195, it mainly contains a crane vehicle, a vehicle with saw blade, an elephant, a mobile base room and a snow scooter. But I think not as attractive as the previous mobile base 60036.

60202 Hospital, is a three storey building including the ground floor. Building design is white colour with red stripes with transblue window cover in each level. It includes a small helicopter and a separated helipad on the ground, an ambluance design similar to the one in 60023. From the box dimension, it is similar to 60174 and 60188, which should be in range of USD 89.99 to 99.99.

60205 is a rail track supplement set including straight track, curved track and flexible track. I think this set would replace 7499.

Images of the two trains 60197, 60198, and the people pack 60202 had been leaked in web few days ago. So I wont much describe.

60201 is the LEGO City Advent Calendar.

Edited by whung

? Where ? ??i am also searching in various places and can't find it, maybe can you give me a hint? @whung

Edited by cebelicamya
Got it thanx

Can't  wait to see images of the Arctic sets...super-excited about the rumoured prehistoric elements and orca whale!