Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Looks like 14+ a baby, though the pic quality is pretty poor. Run down of what I can tell. Mountain climber. A hiker with some kind of walking stick a family of four taking a selfie. Bicyclist with the new helmet mold from the City Police. Fellow with a mug next to a camp stove. Two rafters, looks like the paddle piece in red. Young couple with what I was presuming was a baby, can't tell if the father is holding the baby or has it in one of those chest carriers (which would be a new thing) and what looks like an older woman, grandmotherly type.

I think that's the broad strokes

Edited by K_Tiger

38 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Bicyclist with the new helmet mold from the City Police.

So, this guy is riding a bicycle, not a dirt bike/motorcycle? It just seems weird to have a mountain biker, at the very least, wearing such a clunky helmet.

If it is a bicycle he's riding, does it look like the usual one we've had for all these years, or perhaps something new?

Edited by Digger of Bricks

56 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

can't tell if the father is holding the baby or has it in one of those chest carriers (which would be a new thing)

It is!

Also, there is an eagle and it's huge

5 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Definitely a bicycle, quite possibly a new frame, and maybe a new color.

Also, new "Surly" styled tires!

th?id=OIP.lakQRa5lC2e7Jt39V2StBAHaHa&pid

Looks great! Now only if someone tempts fate to leak the other city prelims we can enjoy them too. According to promobricks lego is not exhibiting at London this year so we will need to wait till the German toy fair :-(

Any other animals than the (very welcome) eagle?

ah - I’ve seen the pic now. Obviously hard to tell, other than the eagle holding a fish. Fingers crossed for a recoloured dog or rabbit at least.

Edited by williejm

7 hours ago, williejm said:

Any other animals than the (very welcome) eagle?

ah - I’ve seen the pic now. Obviously hard to tell, other than the eagle holding a fish. Fingers crossed for a recoloured dog or rabbit at least.

What is the building in the centre, some kind of animal shelter?! With a white and brown sheep :wacko: I am probably seeing visions :tongue: Maybe next year if we get a fun at the farm :sweet:

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It is!

Also, there is an eagle and it's huge

Is this a re release of the LOTR/Hobbit eagle mold?  If so, then yes that is one big eagle.  Better hold on tight to that baby..........

1 minute ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Is this a re release of the LOTR/Hobbit eagle mold?  If so, then yes that is one big eagle.  Better hold on tight to that baby..........

Nope

It's smaller than that one. I think that's a new mold

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

What is the building in the centre, some kind of animal shelter?! With a white and brown sheep :wacko: I am probably seeing visions :tongue: Maybe next year if we get a fun at the farm :sweet:

I think the ‘building’ is a tent

3 minutes ago, williejm said:

You are probably right, more likely as well!

Looks great, glad to see a smaller Eagle, I've wanted a more to scale version since LOTR/Hobbit sets.:laugh:  I for one can't wait to see the Hospital set as  it's definitely long overdue.  In all honesty the last two hospital sets we have received just haven't cut it for me, here's hoping for a true version this time around.:grin:

22 hours ago, williejm said:

22 hours ago, Roebuck said:

You are probably right, more likely as well!

I'm not so sure. If it were going to be a tent, surely it'd be the same plastic tent used in 41339 Mia's Camper, albeit with a different print. This appears to have a 4515 Slope 10° 6x8 as a roof. I'm guessing some sort of shelter as you might see along walking/hiking tracks. It's a pity actually as that tent is pretty neat, so would be good to have in the City line.

On 2018-01-10 at 5:05 PM, danimarroquin said:

nope ! cant find it neither , but i did found are the pics for  the new pirates rollers coaster !

What does it look like? Big set?

On 1/5/2018 at 9:09 AM, Brick Lover said:

60197 Passenger Train

60198 Cargo Train

60205 [Straight and Curve Track]

Do we know if that track pack is for the trains or the roller coaster?  If Lego introduces new curves and straight pieces for the trains, my head will explode, especially if they introduce new radii.

I had a feeling 2018 we would get new trains.  Yay!  I hope they aren't disappointing though. 

Do we know if Lego is going to be the NYC Toy Fair again this year? they showed off the new trains there back in 2014

9 minutes ago, ncx said:

Do we know if Lego is going to be the NYC Toy Fair again this year? they showed off the new trains there back in 2014

Lego is at the NY Toy Fair every year, but the London Toy Fair is on the 23rd, so expect to hear at least descriptions of the sets by then. Images will most likely come at the Nuremberg Toy Fair, which starts on the 31st.