Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

11 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Yes of course. It is the 60176, 14.99 EUR

4 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

Its called "escape through the rapids" (translated). Also found are these:

City 60178 rocket car (10 €)
City 60177 jet aircraft (10 €)
City 60174 Headquarters of the Mountain Police (80 €)
City 60180 Monster truck (20 €), pictures of this are on brickset
City 60179 Rescue helicopter (20 €), pictures of this are on brickset
City 60173 Arrest in the mountains (50 €), pictures of this are on brickset
City 60172 Chase on gravel roads (30 €), pictures of this are on brickset
City 60171 Chase through the mountains (10 €)
City 60170 off-road chase (6 €)

Sorry if these were already posted. 

Thank you for the info :sweet:
I wonder what the skunk will cost on B&P...

Has everyone seen those new juniors sets?

http://www.brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-juniors-city-and-friends-2018-set-images-shared/

. . . You know something is wrong when the tiny Juniors police base actually looks better than the big $100+ set. I'm tempted to just get 10751 and integrate it into a Police Station MOC.

Edit: 'Official' was an inaccurate word. Brain-fart. -.-

Edited by Feng-huang0296

13 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Has everyone seen those new juniors sets?

http://www.brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-juniors-city-and-friends-2018-set-images-shared/

. . . You know something is wrong when the tiny Juniors police base actually looks better than the big $100+ set. I'm tempted to just get 10751 and integrate it into a Police Station MOC.

Edit: 'Official' was an inaccurate word. Brain-fart. -.-

Although we haven't seen finalized pics of the main mountain police station, from the prelims I saw I was really impressed with it. It felt very creative and had a sort of dynamic terrain we haven't seen too often in City since they stopped using raised baseplates.

You think? True, I haven't seen a good photo, but what I did see made it look basic and bland. And dynamic terrain isn't new, we got that in Prison Island. I'll still reserve judgement, but I'm unconvinced.

Wow that juniors police set actually looks reasonable, Easy to incorporate in a moc. 

An image of some of next year's polybags leaked, and City looks to get three. Yet another hot dog cart, a self-propelled road warning trailer and an open wheel-style racer.

good evening everybody,

Somewhere along the line I saw the information about the upcoming mining sets. Are the scheduled for the second half of 2018 or will be released in January?

4 hours ago, Night City Dream said:

good evening everybody,

Somewhere along the line I saw the information about the upcoming mining sets. Are the scheduled for the second half of 2018 or will be released in January?

The Italian (or perhaps it was Spanish or Portuguese) catalog had them as March releases.

Alternate face on that female miner is great, and the bee hive fits over a minifig's head!

The jet car is kind of cool, but the actual blue jet isn't doing much for me.

Do we get a "Mountain Police Starter Pack" for 2017 as with the various starter packs of previous years?

Oh those mining sets look good! :sweet:

Are those new molds for the gold nuggets?

But those spiders are kind of randomly everywhere :wacko:

55 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Oh those mining sets look good! :sweet:

Are those new molds for the gold nuggets?

But those spiders are kind of randomly everywhere :wacko:

Does look like a new mold! Not the first time we've seen it, though...

Specifically, it's the same element used in the Lego Ninjago Movie to symbolize Cole's earth element, which had stood out as a little odd among the traditional foliage, flame and crystal pieces used for the other elements.

It definitely works better for gold than the crystal pieces they had previously used—real gold just doesn't form a crystal structure like that!

Man. Those mining sets look amazing! :wub: The mining sets from 2012 were some of my favorite from that year, and these are no exception. The large mining set with the tracked grinder looks awesome. Also its nice to see the new roller coaster parts used in something other than a actual roller coaster. The larger set with the drill looks really good as well. I like the more realistic looking machines. These look amazing and will go perfect with my old mining setup.

The new police sets aren't that far off either. All of the sets for me have some really cool parts and builds. The police station is pretty cool with its more vertical build, and the tree costume? Awesome. The set with the two brick built boats are pretty cool as well. 

However, the great vehicles lineup this year is probably one of my favorites. All the vehicles look really well designed. The forestry vehicle has to be my favorite. 

So far 2018 looks really good. I wonder what the summer sets have in store for us.

Edited by Ethanator12

1 hour ago, Ethanator12 said:

So far 2018 looks really good. I wonder what the summer sets have in store for us.

Artic subtheme with a new whale mould

When I opened the link and saw the cover image for the subtheme's largest set (60188), I didn't understand what the big fuss was about. Then I opened the link for that set, and saw the other images... :oh:

That four treaded mining vehicle looks like nothing I have ever seen in a City set! Not a bland thing about it! :thumbup: 

For that matter, the inclusion of the new rollercoaster track recolored in Light Bluish Grey for that set is pretty cool too, and the mining vehicle in the midsized set (60186) is really nice also.

Holy crash, 60188 . . . I don't even know what that is, but it's awesome! . . . Unfortunately, because of how huge it is it's probably gonna be outside my budget . . . fingers crossed for good discounts!

Also, 60186 looks pretty sick. Not sure if I need any mining stuff, but if I do, I know where to look. 

Is that not a new roller coaster piece in the mining set?

In the joker set there is only a short strait rail, this looks like a longer strait piece :classic: