Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The two mountain police animals leaked. It appears to be a mountain lion and a black bear

Do not know where you guys see the pictures, but earlier reports suggest that the black bear is in the big mining set, the bear in the police set look reddishbrown to me.. Hope this still is the case so we get 2 new bear colours and 1 new big cat in that wave :grin:

10 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Do not know where you guys see the pictures, but earlier reports suggest that the black bear is in the big mining set, the bear in the police set look reddishbrown to me.. Hope this still is the case so we get 2 new bear colours and 1 new big cat in that wave :grin:

Yes, if the leaked photos are accurate and true, then the new bear is a black version of the brown bear found in Forest Police Station (4440) from back in 2012.  At least they look identical in all aspects but color, to my eye.

The only set grabbing my interest so far is the Logging vehicle.

I'm keen to see how they do the mining sets next year though.

3 hours ago, Koori said:

The only set grabbing my interest so far is the Logging vehicle.

Yes, it looks amazing to me too, even if i think the 3 minifigs won't fit into the car (but maybe yes, let's hope!). The red and white color scheme is nice.

The Creator beach van looks cool too: it will be a nice addition to this year Creator Beachside vacation and City Fun at the beach sets ?

Both can take place in a camp site (camping ?) with the older vamping-cars and caravans ?

I don't like the police sets but i will try to get the animals via Bricks and pieces like i did with the leopard in the jungle set.

It should fit them well at least two of them, theres always the option to mod it.

And I like your camp site idea.

Very late this year, but better than never, here's some additional info:

The Jet does have wheels and many stickers. For a very small set it looks realky cool.

The heli in the Helicopter Transporter seems unluckily only to fit one pilot although the cockpit is that huge. The woman seems to have a new torso printing and has a cap with actually a new hairstyle on it.

The Forest Vehicle has unluckily no saws etc. on the vehicle. The tractor is only there for catching already lying down trees. Imo a shame.

The Winter Rescue Heli does regrettably have no hinge. But therefore there's a stretcher inside which is imo cool, too.

You can only judge from preliminary character. But there the Mining theme looks pretty unspectacular and kiddish. The main color is yellow and the functional elements are red. The flagship set includes a black bear and some of the new rollercoaster elements (as a very small mining train). There's regrettably even less location than in the 2012 Mine. All sets include white glow in the dark spiders (the new one from the Jungle Exploration theme).

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Just now, Klaus-Dieter said:

The heli in the Helicopter Transporter seems unluckily only to fit one pilot although the cockpit is that huge. The woman seems to wear a new torso and has a cap with actually a new hairstyle on it.

What? *huh*

A new torso?

(I mean, thanks for the info, but What? *huh*)

Edited by Robert8

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

What? *huh*

A new torso?

A new torso printing, I mean.

Black bear and white spider glow in the dark sound very cool! 

Rollercoaster elements are good news. 

But "Unspectacular and kiddish" let me worried :wacko:

Just bringing them here

23971008768_0befc1b5d5_b.jpg23971010998_83a10b543d_b.jpg23971005568_b80e139784_b.jpg37153550993_780cc723d7_b.jpg

Is that a new helmet?

Edited by Robert8

Only the female cycle cop is any good in that set......really we need Super Hero style play features.....yeah, that is real life isn't it ?

And in the 60th year of our favourite brick they give us that police set and here is how I feel about it.........

tumblr_inline_n1la7w0xvx1qatgsf.gif

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is that a new helmet?

I was gonna say it was just the CMF Paintballer's in dark blue, but it does appear to be a new mold. Nothing very interesting about this set for me.

What appears to be the complete tree suit-wearing crook has shown up. He looks a lot more cohesive with the dark brown arms (and presumably torso) and bearded face.

That net shooter is quite goofy. I mean, how many police vehicles do see driving around your community with something like that mounted on the back? :hmpf:

Other than that, its a rather fine set build wise. Besides the fact it has a prison shirt underneath, I really like the robber's bomber jacket torso, and I can't complain about that new dirt bike helmet! :classic:

4 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Besides the fact it has a prison shirt underneath, I really like the robber's bomber jacket torso, and I can't complain about that new dirt bike helmet! :classic:

That jacket really is a great print. I'm always looking for parts to make pilots, and this would have been a great one aside from the aforementioned strips. Can't win 'em all, though.

Atleast we are getting leg printing this time! I remember my biggest gripe which stopped me buying all the last set of Police stuff for my city was the fact that none of the characters had leg printing - making Chase, for example, look far less interesting than the previous version. Printing on officers with duty belts is a dream.

23 hours ago, sebitsena said:

I think we will get an anniversary set to replace the 60097 City Square ;)

Given that this is being heavily discounted across Europe at least, this is quite likely I think.  Picked mine up for just 55% of rrp 

After looking at the new dirt bike helmet again, I just realized that its diamond shaped chin guard would unfortunately inhibit the usage of other visor or goggle parts from clipping onto it. I know the helmet is inescapably a dirt bike helmet, but still, I kind of had repurposage ideas for it when I first looked at it, particularly for Space. :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

After looking at the new dirt bike helmet again, I just realized that its diamond shaped chin guard would unfortunately inhibit the usage of other visor or goggle parts from clipping onto it. I know the helmet is inescapably a dirt bike helmet, but still, I kind of had repurposage ideas for it when I first looked at it, particularly for Space. :sceptic:

Agree. Why does LEGO such specific moulds?

Also, is it just me or the set looks like a Juniors set? 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, Robert8 said:

What? *huh*

A new torso?

I honestly don't know how you can get confused.

Thank you very much for the pics, Robert8! :classic:

On 21.10.2017 at 12:06 PM, lightningtiger said:

Only the female cycle cop is any good in that set......really we need Super Hero style play features.....yeah, that is real life isn't it ?

And in the 60th year of our favourite brick they give us that police set and here is how I feel about it.........

tumblr_inline_n1la7w0xvx1qatgsf.gif

These are exactly my thoughts, too, lightningtiger!

Is this set Playmobil or Lego?! I only ask because of the blocky and heavily oversized vehicles. :thumbdown: