Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

It is definitely not a moose (too good to be true), but a bear. From what I can see it is a reddish brown bear, pretty sure it is not the same colour as the one in forest police :sweet:

I have spotted a theme-jumping set; the technic 42054 Claas Tractor has popped up as a City great vehicle! It doesn't look to bad, to be fair, and the other sets on the same page are pretty good too.

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It is definitely not a moose (too good to be true), but a bear. From what I can see it is a reddish brown bear, pretty sure it is not the same colour as the one in forest police :sweet:

I concur. I also am sad that I momentarily got my moose hopes up.
That said, they sprung the tiger on us by surprise ... so maybe let's not write off any more surprises.

1 hour ago, williejm said:

I concur. I also am sad that I momentarily got my moose hopes up.
That said, they sprung the tiger on us by surprise ... so maybe let's not write off any more surprises.

We need to have hope in the animal mould world :tongue: And sometimes (surprisingly often lately) we get a nice surprise:sweet:

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

We need to have hope in the animal mould world :tongue: And sometimes (surprisingly often lately) we get a nice surprise:sweet:

Indeed. It is a golden age.

On 12/07/2017 at 0:45 PM, Sneakguest said:

Why not Norwegian mountain police? You guys have a lot of mountains!

True story but there`s no police present there.. At least no fancy ones riding horses for sure. :laugh:

Edited by Chilis

On 21 August 2017 at 8:21 PM, rob-ot5000 said:

Am I the only one not finding these?

Reddit if you still haven't found them.

4 hours ago, williejm said:

Indeed. It is a golden age.

Amen to that!!

Top left of the left page of the 2 mountain police pages, looks like the set is finished because it looks more digitally enhanced than the others.

Re: Trains

I'd expect a European-looking passenger (we haven't had a blue or yellow passenger train in a while, so...), a American-looking freight (Is an ALCO RS-1 possible? Maybe in grey), and another random set (maybe an American passenger train? Similar to Metra?). Add in a station (and maybe a grade crossing?)

19 hours ago, BurkusCircus said:

Re: Trains

I'd expect a European-looking passenger (we haven't had a blue or yellow passenger train in a while, so...), a American-looking freight (Is an ALCO RS-1 possible? Maybe in grey), and another random set (maybe an American passenger train? Similar to Metra?). Add in a station (and maybe a grade crossing?)

You may want to have a look over in train tech for more speculation on this. We're expecting some trains, but have no idea what they'll be. I agree that a level crossing and some other infrastructure would be nice, but with the Winter Village station it's looking less likely.

From what I have seen so far, I'm only interested in the logging tractor and the fifth wheel camper......oh, well looks like I'll be buying of a few of each of those and modifying into different versions. (hello, tractor dealership :laugh:).

The police sets are a total MEH !

1 hour ago, LEGOFANNER said:

But where are the Mining sets?

Fun in the "______"? Probably a Summer release, and hence not covered by this catalog.

Just now, K_Tiger said:

Fun in the "______"? Probably a Summer release, and hence not covered by this catalog.

Exactly my point...I think that "Mining sets" (if they´re true) will come on spring/early summer next year. So far we have new Police, Big wheels and those other "normal civil" sets such as tractor, caravan, etc. 

Just now, K_Tiger said:

I think it's possible. But how @Sir von Lego knowed about it? From a summer catalog? I think yes, because he knowed about summer Arctic and Train sets?

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

Exactly my point...I think that "Mining sets" (if they´re true) will come on spring/early summer next year. So far we have new Police, Big wheels and those other "normal civil" sets such as tractor, caravan, etc. 

Spring City sets again? Like 2011? Anyway, @Sir von Lego said that his leaks are hundred percents.

There's a lot of lead time in toy production, so I'm not surprised he knows this well in advance. Look at the purported Harry Potter CMF line, well over a year away from release. What isn't in this particular retailer catalog doesn't necessarily contradict what SvL was told/has told us. Could be that we haven't seen the full catalog, or some of these themes could be going regional e.g. Nexo Knights in Europe, Superhero Girls in the States.

I guess we all just have to sit tight and wait.

2 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

There's a lot of lead time in toy production, so I'm not surprised he knows this well in advance. Look at the purported Harry Potter CMF line, well over a year away from release. What isn't in this particular retailer catalog doesn't necessarily contradict what SvL was told/has told us. Could be that we haven't seen the full catalog, or some of these themes could be going regional e.g. Nexo Knights in Europe, Superhero Girls in the States.

I guess we all just have to sit tight and wait.

Who gets this catalog?

I'm picking up that tractor to add to my farm collection, might even get 2 :).

Edit: the other city sets are horrible, why can't LEGO offer us something 'different'?

Edited by *thomas*

57 minutes ago, LEGOFANNER said:

Who gets this catalog?

I believe retailers and LEGO store managers. It's definitely not for the consumption of the general public, even though we do love to see what's inside them.

On 24/08/2017 at 2:44 AM, lightningtiger said:

From what I have seen so far, I'm only interested in the logging tractor and the fifth wheel camper......oh, well looks like I'll be buying of a few of each of those and modifying into different versions. (hello, tractor dealership :laugh:).

The police sets are a total MEH !

On 22/08/2017 at 5:20 PM, Brickviller V2 said:

Do I spot white train doors with that camper/trailer? :grin: I thought we didn't had those in a while, if ever. 

Images stamped confidential removed

Edited by Rick
Per our Site Guidelines, do not post images that are marked Confidential/Preliminary