Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

On 8/12/2017 at 3:19 PM, Legocityfan1998 said:

I really wish Lego would stop recycling the passenger train. Lego always makes the high-speed passenger train and they all look the same. I'd really like to see something different like an American passenger train. 

See, I'm kind of the opposite—I wish actual American passenger trains would finally start to become more like the modern European-style passenger trains featured in Lego. Our railways and trains have fallen far behind the rest of the world...

Mountain police sets look meh

But the tree costume looks exactly like a CMF. Hmmm...

As someone who is planning on putting a mountain or forest area into their city, I do find these sets quite good for the most part.

- I can barely tell what the $7 set entails, but it does have a neat Police Motorcycle and a small build of mountain scenery.

- The starter set is basic, but has a nice Police Build, Beehive piece, and a Log for the criminal.

- The $20 set has two decent sized boats that actually look good.

- Don't care about the Helicopter, but I like all the criminal parts of the set, and the moose.

- Also don't care about the set with the big 4x4, doesn't look great.

- The station looks pretty good, and is one of the very few stations I'd actually buy. Another main draw here is the criminal with the tree-trunk costume.

Overall, the police wave is much better than I anticipated this time around.

Tree costume looks good, the big cat is there, too. The bear is in the set that has yet another Chinook/Sea Knight-based helicopter. Can;t really see the beehive.

They really need to stop making Police sets. These are obviously unfinished but they're simply terrible, especially the station. The tree trunk costume and the moose are both useful, though.

Just now, BrickJagger said:

They really need to stop making Police sets. These are obviously unfinished but they're simply terrible, especially the station. The tree trunk costume and the moose are both useful, though.

Where is the moose? :look:

Just now, Robert8 said:

Where is the moose? :look:

Isn't it in the helicopter set? I thought I saw it under the helicopter's front wheel. :wacko:

5 minutes ago, Nexo Bricks said:

Right on the far left side of the Helicopter set, you can slightly make it out. 

I thought that was the bear standing on its hind legs.:wacko:

That's definitely a bear (on hind legs) in far left corner of helicopter set, and looks like a leopard place holding for the cougar in the other set.

is there supposed to be a moose? Or are you just getting my hopes up?

Wait to be blown away by the new animal mold for the Arctic theme ;)

These sets look okay at best. The new molds/recolorings are probably the best parts of the subtheme. 

More City preliminary leaks are around, this time of Great Vehicle sets I think.

Edit: There are two other additional leaked sets, a monster truck and what looks like a record breaker jet car.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

That police station is absolutely atrocious, and I say that as someone who always looks forward to and usually buys the newest police sets. 

He's got another pic up where you can see the tree suit a little better. I think Fantasy guys will cook up some uses for that one. Looks like they Leopard is a stand-in for next years big cat repaint.

One pic shows a rescue helicopter with skis instead of the usual skids. Could be interesting, but will mean I have to create a huge hillside or mountain to have a reason to buy it.

7 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Tree costume looks good, the big cat is there, too. The bear is in the set that has yet another Chinook/Sea Knight-based helicopter. Can;t really see the beehive.

Beehive is on the tree of the raft set.

We are not allowed to post links to leaks here on Eurbricks

They might ban you!

These are some very nice sets then :innocent: (But isn't that just for posting pictures?)

Edited by Arctic_Ace

11 minutes ago, Arctic_Ace said:

We are not allowed to post links to leaks here on Eurobricks

Edited by Robert8

11 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

They're really popular with kids apparently..

I actually don't mind the endless rehashes of top selling City subthemes (police, fire, coast guard etc) - TLG is a business after all. Just as long as they throw a few bones here and there to AFOLs.

A new cargo harbour set with that huge container ship hull mold from 7994 would be great for example or god forbid, some decent train related sets.

Has anyone seen any sign of those btw? There were supposed to be a few in 2018 according to the trains release pattern but I can't see any in any of the leaks so far. 

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Just check Instagram user lego_peru, he's the main source.

Thanks, found 'em!

A little disappointed with the "tree" figure. Actually, it's not even a tree, but a log. I was imagining something like a walking Christmas tree. Something, well, green.