Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Sir von Lego

Will there be any city square the year comes from City or comes by Creator ??? 
Plus a few civil city assemblies as there was this year's bus station, Cargo Terminal.

Could give us some lights inside.

4 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Sorry, but I can't. It is too early to do that/ know that.

Is there a new Creator Expert D2C Train set for 2018? If yes, it will be an instant buy for me.

Great to hear news of a new train in 2018!  Personally, I dream of the day that LEGO releases a train theme like the old 12V collection from "way back when".  Rolling stock, track, lights, accessories, and the whole caboose. 

9 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

There is an orca whale in the big set..

Will this be brick-built or molded?

If molded, will it be bigger than the Great White Shark?

I'm definitely interested in this one!

31 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Duplo whale for reference:

*snip*

You sure he's not referencing the actual Duplo Orca?

6434adult.original.png

36 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

You sure he's not referencing the actual Duplo Orca?

Lego have never as far as I know used a duplo or minidoll animal in a minifig line, and they will not start now..

They may use one as a stand in, before the new mould are made maybe :sceptic:

3 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

To the Duplo orca..?

There we have it. I am officially warming up to Arctic Exploration 2: Subzero Boogaloo.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, do you know of any "Fun at the (insert here)" people packs for summer next year, and perhaps do you also know how many sets there are for the train subtheme? :classic:

Fun at the southpole/fun at the northpole? (depending on getting penguins or icebears) :grin:

6 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Molded, size like the Duplo whale, longer and a bit smaller 

5 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

To the Duplo orca..?

OK fair enough.  I've thought of getting that Duplo whale to use with LEGO actually, because of scale.  It's huge!  But the Duplo Orca  I've never seen in person.  I'll be happy about it either way.

15 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Lego have never as far as I know used a duplo or minidoll animal in a minifig line, and they will not start now..

They may use one as a stand in, before the new mould are made maybe :sceptic:

The Duplo Orca was just used as reference; so, the new one we get will be about the same size as the existing Duplo one.

1 hour ago, Brick Dangerous said:

The Duplo Orca was just used as reference; so, the new one we get will be about the same size as the existing Duplo one.

OK, I misunderstood :classic: Then maybe someone who have the duplo killer whale can take a pic of it with a minifig so we get a proper scale (most of us have few dupolo animals I guess :wink:)?

Lately we have gotten a lot of minifig animals who already where in duplo form, but the herbivorous are sadly lagging behind :hmpf_bad:

Does anyone think that 2018's offerings for the train subtheme will just be a rehash of the 2014 sets (train station, freight train, high speed passenger train), or are you potentially counting on something new for next year? :shrug_confused:

Thank you very much for this information, Sir von Lego! :classic:

Although it was very likely that the Trains theme will get a new wave in 2018, it's great to get confirmation! :thumbup:

There has already been an Arctic theme in 2014. But the last Harbor theme was back in 2011 and the Farm theme even back in 2009! So - indepedent of how good the new Arctic theme will be - I'm totally disappointed about TLG not offering us something which we haven't been seing for a very long while! :thumbdown:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Does anyone think that 2018's offerings for the train subtheme will just be a rehash of the 2014 sets (train station, freight train, high speed passenger train), or are you potentially counting on something new for next year? :shrug_confused:

I bet more on a rehash of the 2010 train sets - a regional train, an electric freight train and a train station.

It would be very cool if we'd get a very big and more ancient style train station and even some more trackside structures like an engine shed etc. But I wouldn't count on this.

51 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I bet more on a rehash of the 2010 train sets - a regional train, an electric freight train and a train station.

A inter city train like the one in 2010's 8404 Public Transport Station would be cool, just as a standalone set minus additional transport vehicles and terminal.

On 8/5/2017 at 7:46 AM, Brickviller V2 said:

Nice! New trains are always welcome, hopefully the passenger train won't be white with a red stripe (again). The return of the Arctic subtheme is a nice suprise as well, since I missed most of the first release of the subtheme a couple of years back. 

I really wish Lego would stop recycling the passenger train. Lego always makes the high-speed passenger train and they all look the same. I'd really like to see something different like an American passenger train. 

I'm still waiting for a new ambulance. 2018 marks six years since the last one, not counting the plane from a year or two back.

I am actually interested in the Mountain Police sets, as I have a rural police force that could use more work :P

On 4 August 2017 at 10:07 PM, Sir von Lego said:

City summer will be arctic and new trains.

Sir von Lego said new trains so doesn't that mean no rehashes?

8 hours ago, J4ck said:

Sir von Lego said new trains so doesn't that mean no rehashes?

Pretty sure it means new train sets and not what the trains look like :wink:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Pretty sure it means new train sets and not what the trains look like :wink:

Oh, I'm still hoping for brand new trains!

5 hours ago, danimarroquin said:

Hopefully we get some train sets like Amtrak or the new GWT green train class 800 , we need something that looks like the real thing . 

Amen sir!

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

An Orca? That's got to be one big animal mold. *huh* I'd imagine it would feature an opening mouth like Lego sharks do.

By the way, do you know of any "Fun at the (insert here)" people packs for summer next year, and perhaps do you also know how many sets there are for the train subtheme? :classic:

Good to hear of a possible new mould for a bigger animal as there are fewer opportunities for Lego to release these (with smaller animals they can put them in a collectible minifigure bag with an appropriate figure (e.g. a shepherd and sheep, meerkat and zookeeper...) Just waiting for a theme to bring us some larger animals like giraffes, zebras, rhinos, hippos. It's crazy that these have still yet to be produced in minifigure scale after all these years!

The second comment did make me think that more animals could and should be realised in the now hopefully annual 'Fun at the ...." sets. For example, Fun at the Farm, Fun at the Zoo, Fund at the Savannah, Fun at the Costa Rican Cloud Forest Sloth & Tapir Rescue Sanctuary (ok, probably getting a little too specific!!). Lego needs to realise that these new moulds would encourage many collectors to buy such a set, as the initial Fun at the Park showed when many people wanted the new wheelchair and baby figure, whereas the Fun at the Beach was less desirable as there were less new and unique elements.

It would also be great if I could get my hands on some more penguins somehow too!

Edited by lifeinplastic