Professor Thaum

[SR - FB 1 July 17] On a patch of land

The Turtle Island is a rough ecosystem, but the breadfruit adapt pretty well to the demanding island.

So, thanks to its numerous fields of use (eating, medical...) the Sea Rats decided to take care of some breadfruit trees right nearby Tortuga.

vaze.png

j3rp.png

this is a medium 32 x 32 plantation

Ah!  It's about time we see some of these here in BoBS!  Great build, Professor, the trees are excellent, and I'm liking that stone path as well! :thumbup:  That large scythe-like thingy the fellow has is a very nice design too!

Great idea ! Here is a fruit we hadn't seen yet !

Great realisation of the plantation ! The trees are truly near the real ones !

Good job !

Another plantation from the searats! Maybe we should consider to set the itinerary to Tortuga for the next trade run.:laugh:

2 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Another plantation from the searats! Maybe we should consider to set the itinerary to Tortuga for the next trade run.:laugh:

Our ships will greedily wait for yours  :devil:

Love those trees! :wub:  Great detail with the varied ground elements and workers. And the LDD render is excellent; I thought it was real bricks at first. :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Love those trees! :wub:  Great detail with the varied ground elements and workers. And the LDD render is excellent; I thought it was real bricks at first. :thumbup:

Wish I had so much lovely bricks

This is a great orchard. The angled paths are what I consider the best part of this build. With rows of plants it is easy to just create everything perfectly lined up and the path wandering at an angle really breaks up that tendency. Plus the texturing of the ground and path are excellent. The one thing I would recommend changing is the horse in LDD (or whichever software you are using.) The horse with the printed face and bridle I think would have looked better and could still havebeen recolored. Though other than that this moc is great. The trees turned out really well and all the minifigure posing is perfect.  

This is a fantastic plantation, I really like the trees and they are an interesting choice that I don't believe we have seen here before. Great Job!

Excellent landscaping, paths and trees, sir. Well done! 

On 10/07/2017 at 10:19 PM, Elostirion said:

Fantastic LDD trees! Neat idea and finest execution!

Thanks

On 10/07/2017 at 10:43 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Gorgeous! And I knew these were breadfruit trees even before reading the description!

On 11/07/2017 at 1:35 PM, Faladrin said:
On 11/07/2017 at 1:35 PM, Faladrin said:

Great idea ! Here is a fruit we hadn't seen yet !

Great realisation of the plantation ! The trees are truly near the real ones !

Good job !

Nice to have succeed in a good tree rendering

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

This is a fantastic plantation, I really like the trees and they are an interesting choice that I don't believe we have seen here before. Great Job!

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

Excellent landscaping, paths and trees, sir. Well done! 

Coming from certain builders...

I'm humbled. Really.

On 11/07/2017 at 0:08 AM, Garmadon said:

Ah!  It's about time we see some of these here in BoBS!  Great build, Professor, the trees are excellent, and I'm liking that stone path as well! :thumbup:  That large scythe-like thingy the fellow has is a very nice design too!

Thanks, in all plantation there are some dead branch to be removed. You can tell the good workman by his tools.

4 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

This is a great orchard. The angled paths are what I consider the best part of this build. With rows of plants it is easy to just create everything perfectly lined up and the path wandering at an angle really breaks up that tendency. Plus the texturing of the ground and path are excellent. The one thing I would recommend changing is the horse in LDD (or whichever software you are using.) The horse with the printed face and bridle I think would have looked better and could still havebeen recolored. Though other than that this moc is great. The trees turned out really well and all the minifigure posing is perfect.  

Thanks. Even if I create same trees (copy paste with LDD) I will always modify the parts adjutement by rotating some of them one tree by one tree to have as many different plant as possible (I do the same for all plantation as symetrical vegetables will be quite disturbing for the onlooker...

However, this horse is the horse with printed face and bridle but it seems not looking great with LDD render... or is it the camera angle that does not justice to the poor horse.

The orchard was pretty hard to find... you have a keen eye.

Edited by Professor Thaum

If the others hadn't pointed out I'd never thought this was LDD :blush:

Very nice setting. Yummy, want Lemons and Apples, and...

Great plantation, Doctor, and great LDD render! Usually I prefer brick-built things, but the details of your trees and of the harvesting process are astonishing... In short original idea an great execution, keep it up!

Ps Are the Sea Rats becoming farmers? Probably a hoe will fit your better than the trident! :pir_tong2: