Sign in to follow this  
MassEditor

Petrea Central Mosque

The Petrea Central Mosque is one of the older buildings in the Kaliphlin capital, having long served as a center for worship and learning among believers of the Siccus Badlands. Although not Petrea's biggest or most impressive, the Central Mosque's location in the city center has lent a status of great importance to the temple in both times of peace and war. The mosque is home to a number of religious scholars, students and dervishes. It's charitable missions stretch throughout the city, from clothing and housing victims of fire to feeding hundreds of city residents every day.

34556176981_c7eed065df_c.jpg

My cheese is missing!

34556176601_9554164822_c.jpg

34556175351_f7c84d6033_c.jpg

------------------------------------------

Hello! Doubtless some of you have seen this mosque before on my Flickr. Sounding like a broken record here, but... I hoped to write a story for this mosque related to current GoH events, but I just didn't find time. No need keeping it from you guys any longer, so here it is! I of course understand that Islam is not featured in GoH (or any real-life religion) and I use the term mosque only because that is the style of the temple. In any case, I hope you enjoy. Feedback always appreciated!

Edited by MassEditor

This is beautiful. The dome, the minarets, the arches with the olive vines. The priests in their robes and turbans. Such a wonderful build.

Still an awesome build, MassEditor! :thumbup: :wink:  The olive dome, cheese, and windows are splendid, and the corner towers/minarets and trees out front are excellent as well!  I do wish the terrain was a bit more textured and finished - the studs just clash a bit too much with the excellent and polished building - but overall a typically impressive build from you!  Keep it up! :classic:

Beautiful build ME, lovely architecture, great colors... so much to look at!  Splendid job on the dome! :thumbup: 

Nice build, the overall colour selection and techniques used are something it can be apprecciated and learnt from it too.
If only I would nitpick this great moc are the trees at the main entrance. imo feel they are out of place, and nothing that they are rotated has to be part of :D,  but from the scale and contrast of color with the main building.
On the other hand the vegetation that grows parallel to the arcs looks very good. :classic:

Such a lovely build :wub: 

Lot's of things to admire here, like the cheesey-slopes mosaics, or the use of all different kinds of arches/inverted slopes at the entrance. A special detail which really appeals to me are the two small trees, they are so... :drool:

As for the story: I think not every build should contain a long story tied in with the ongoing events, but small write-ups like you did here can flesh out the Guilds just as well :thumbup: 

I loved this when I saw it on Flickr, and I still love it here! The gold half-fences look great as lattice windows along the walls, and I love those minarets. Kaliphlin needs more of those, I think, and the dome is excellent. The round top completes the whole thing very nicely. The ground texture could use something a bit more, perhaps, but that is the only thing I can nitpick. Great work!

I like how you did not try to over do the domes and overall architecture. This build's beauty is in it's simplistic design, definitely a ME style of build that we've all come to appreciate! You may be a Nocty, but your Kali builds are always impressive!

Glad to see this in the guilds. The cheese mosaics, brick built dome, and flying buttresses are my favorite sections :thumbup: The minarets are really neat as well, though I feel like the top most section of 2x2 round grill bricks topped with 2x2 gold dome looks a little off. Perhaps shortening the stacks of 2x2 grill bricks, or having the gold dome a little larger would look better.

Really a beautiful build :wub:

Holy smoke! What an excellent moc! Love the colours in it! The olive green dome is great! The minifigs and all the little details you have put into this build is just epic!

Awww the long fenced windows are great Patrick.... Cheese slopes details are amazing also! Beautiful moc mate!

wow that dome is incredible! But it is really the plants that brink this to life and the flowers really make it pop. The towers are excellent and of course, brilliant cheese use :thumbup: