Test question  

43 members have voted

1. 1. 1 + 1 = ?

Interestingly enough, it says 3 members have voted, but when looking at the poll results, only two people have voted.

800x144.jpg

2 hours ago, PorkyMonster said:

I'm using chrome... not working either.

Can vote multiple times, but can't see any result.

Same here.

-ED-

2 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Could you try what worked for me? - refresh the page just after clicking "submit vote" (before it says "thank you").

I am very interested to see if it works for other members!

not working on IE 11

Sorry guys......not working, which sucks because we all know how much work ya'all put into this site.  Thanks for all the hard work you put it.... and for taking a look at this....

11 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Sorry guys......not working, which sucks because we all know how much work ya'all put into this site.  Thanks for all the hard work you put it.... and for taking a look at this....

It's helpful that you are all trying this poll. We can send this topic to Invision, so they can see that it's actually not working :thumbup:

I'm sorry Jim it didn't work on chrome. I did it as you requested and the response was empty :sad:

On another note.... just prior to your response and that by @jotta93, I noticed that the thread was labeled as  a "hot topic" - cool option, I did not know it existed.  But then, after your and @jotta93's response, it went away.  I am sure that the label responds to some simple algorithm, say X amount of responses in X amount of time?  Is this correct?  If so..... interesting, I had not heard of this before.  I like the option. 

I'm a newbie in web programming, but isn't pushing Submit should produce a query string in the url? Because clearly it doesn't add the query string to the url. Maybe the error is on the client side?

Edited by Lipko

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Nope. Doesn't work. I am currently using Silk for Kindle.

Same. My vote doesn't even register. :cry_sad:

3 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

Android on samung can vote but not working sorry Jim 

Same.

4 hours ago, PorkyMonster said:

Can vote multiple times, but can't see any result.

Same. As of writing this, four members have voted and every time I vote it says "thank you", doesn't show results, and remains at four members voting. When I sign out I can see the results, but that's pretty much it. 

using firefox at work ... voted and now i can't see the poll

correction ... voted again and its a bit tempermental ... seems to let me vote more than once !

Edited by Seasider

here is what i have:

Firefox 54.0.1 (32 bits). I vote number 4 and i have the text that my vote is OK. I don't see the result and if i reload the page i can vote again.

requette:
POST /forum/index.php?/forums/topic/152211-test-poll/&fetchPoll=1 HTTP/1.1
Host: www.eurobricks.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: fr,fr-FR;q=0.8,en-US;q=0.5,en;q=0.3
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8
X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest
Referer: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/152211-test-poll/
Content-Length: 78
Cookie: ips4_member_id=129332; ips4_pass_hash=b7960f5a4190084ff7a958a06ed5806f; ips4_hasJS=true; ips4_ipsTimezone=Europe/Paris; em_cdn_uid=t%3D1494934243106%26u%3D249028f67c17458ea201b741a535efa1; em_p_uid=l:1495008950602|t:1494934248087|u:6a92083b61cf45738f84dbad49d8c309; _ga=GA1.2.472983367.1497421910; _gid=GA1.2.1324779500.1499620998; ips4_IPSSessionFront=pllu81jbl1v7hde1hj0bafsup2; _gat=1
DNT: 1
Connection: keep-alive

reponse:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 12:23:04 GMT
Server: Apache
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
X-Powered-By: PleskLin
MS-Author-Via: DAV
Content-Length: 0
Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=80
Connection: Keep-Alive
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

43 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Same. As of writing this, four members have voted and every time I vote it says "thank you", doesn't show results, and remains at four members voting. When I sign out I can see the results, but that's pretty much it. 

I think mine registered, but I need to double check.

It did, sort of. It shows 5 members voted, but four are registered. @Jim, @AndroTech, @Seasider, and @mocbuild101. No one else.

19 minutes ago, knotian said:

:grin: I wonder if it's because 1.1 + 1 does not equal any of the choices.:blush:

Definitely, that is completely the problem.... :sceptic:

2 hours ago, knotian said:

:grin: I wonder if it's because 1.1 + 1 does not equal any of the choices.:blush:

No, it's not 1.1+1, it's question one: 1+1.

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

It did, sort of. It shows 5 members voted, but four are registered. @Jim, @AndroTech, @Seasider, and @mocbuild101. No one else.

Plus @Bob De Quatre's incorrect vote. :grin:

Edited by mocbuild101

I voted 1 it seemed to accept it

Edited by Horace T

just voted again and it said "thank you for your vote". Will be back later

Strange behavior, 5 votes, only 4in the "who voted for", but still 4 in the detailed view of answer 2 (and 1 in answer 3).

Capture.PNG

Does not work for me , Chrome v59.0.3071.115 on PC, Chrome v39.0.2171.93 on mobile

Copy response headers:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 08:44:48 GMT
Server: Apache
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
X-Powered-By: PleskLin
MS-Author-Via: DAV
Content-Length: 0
Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
Connection: Keep-Alive
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

Copy response: 
nothing

Edited by LXF

Similar to others, it took my vote but didn't save it.

Invalid URI. Load of media resource  failed.  ads
HTTP “Content-Type” of “text/html” is not supported. Load of media resource https://imasdk.googleapis.com/js/core/bridge3.173.4_en.html failed.  bridge3.173.4_en.html
XML Parsing Error: syntax error
Location: https://imasdk.googleapis.com/js/core/bridge3.173.4_en.html#goog_883597897
Line Number 1, Column 1:  bridge3.173.4_en.html:1:1

Window 7
Firefox 54.0.1    

Could it be that one of our ad providers is interfering with the Ajax call to the server?

Just now, Jim said:

Could it be that one of our ad providers is interfering with the Ajax call to the server?

That could be something to consider and would somewhat explain the seeming randomness of the issue, I am not running any ad-block software.

5 hours ago, Lipko said:

I'm a newbie in web programming, but isn't pushing Submit should produce a query string in the url? Because clearly it doesn't add the query string to the url. Maybe the error is on the client side?

The call is being sent async to the server (Ajax call in the background). This means that you won't see anything in your browser address bar. 

An Async Ajax call was causing problems some time ago (the browsing problem), so I am pretty sure this is a similar problem. We solved that problem by turning of Ajax calls for the forum. However, there isn't an option to turn this off for Polls. So, what was causing the "browse issue" is likely to be causing the poll issue. The browse issue was the most severe in Technic and Star Wars and the poll issue is too. 

Just now, Darkdragon said:

That could be something to consider and would somewhat explain the seeming randomness of the issue, I am not running any ad-block software.

Exactly. Hmmm I am not running ad-blockers either. Maybe we are onto something here.
(although I have been able to reproduce the problem, so it's not 100% related to that. But looking into the Ad providers is definitely an option)

Thanks for helping me out guys, this is really helpful.