blackdeathgr

Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

@ChidJ welcome! Great character background story, already woven into the fabric of the BOBS universe! I am also new since October and am still asking lots of questions and getting lots of ood and patient answers (thanks team), so fire away. 

4 hours ago, ChidJ said:

Welcome in the Brick Seas and in the best faction (completely unbiased opinion :pir_tong2:)... Your backstory is very nice and original, I’m looking forward to seeing Pierre in action!

BTW Interesting surname, especially if given him by the monks of Hades!

The first step you should make is to create a Flickr account (if you don’t have already) or something similar, so that you can load bigger photos in eurobricks -it’s very easy, you upload the photos there and copy the link here.

After that, you can really start: I suggest you to upload a photo of your character and/or of your backstory first and then start with your buildings, ships etc. If you’ll need more detailed suggestions about something, you can ask here or send a PM (personal message) to me or other faction members!

5 hours ago, ChidJ said:

I'm sorta new to Lego and have been getting into it to have something to spend time with my sons doing. I don't quite understand this game just yet but the idea of LEGO + Pirates + RPG appeals to me. Somebody point me in the right direction so I can contribute haha 

Welcome to BoBS! A good starting place is this thread: 

But if that is more than you're looking for, and you don't want to get involved in the economic side of the game (the EGS, Economic Game System), you can still use this forum as a way to tell piratey stories illustrated with pictures of your piratey builds.

It looks like you've already found a faction that feels like "home" for what you want to do, so that's a great start. The next step would be to post a picture of your character in a small Lego build (MOC, aka My Own Creation) with some more story to go with it. The Oleon leaders (calling @Bodi) should invite you into their faction PM so you can get more support behind the scenes and coordinate with other Oleon players if you want.

Again, welcome! I look forward to seeing the stories and builds you and your sons share with us.

@ChidJ Welcome to Oleon, the best faction of Bobs, as said above.:pir-grin:

I see some of the members have already gave you some advices about how to getting started, and you may also ask for help in the faction pm, which I'm going to add you now.

Hope you a good stay and merry Christmas!

Thank you all for the welcome! I would PM some of you with questions but it says I'm allowed 0 private messages per day. Am I too new for PMs?

@Keymonus glad that subtlety wasn't lost on ya

@Bodi Thank you for the invite to faction PM. As soon as I get some time off of work, I'll get to building!

Welcome to the faction! Can't wait to see your builds!

3 hours ago, ChidJ said:

it says I'm allowed 0 private messages per day. Am I too new for PMs?

I think you need to get to 10 posts (I think that's the number) before you can initiate a PM.