blackdeathgr

Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

@Bregir

Counsel Montoya,

I am not sure how familiar you are with the purpose of the RNTC’s operations in Terraversa, but allow me to repeat that they are of a mercantile nature. Unlike your organization, our simple party does not include agents trained in espionage, and I fear our officials currently present in Terraversa simply do not have the experience to make informed decisions on matters regarding insurrection and covert actions. Normally we would simply request the necessary personnel be sent to assist us, but I trust you would agree that any nation sending agents and spies around Terraversa would be viewed with distrust. Such an action might even lead to accusations they are to blame for the troubles you detailed.

Make no mistake, I am as concerned with Terraversa as you are, and would be happy to discuss the matter with you and the Eslandolan authorities at length, but I fear my lack of experience with such matters may result in much delay, especially if said inexperience means my superiors must send additional correspondence to ask questions should I fail to make the appropriate inquiry. Should you still feel such a meeting would be beneficial, I would of course be happy to discuss the matter at length. 

Vive le Roi!

Henri Hollande
Agent de la Compagnie Royale de la Nouvelle Terre

@Captain Genaro

Monsieur Hollande,

Should I ever be in a position where I should find your particular branch of skills, insights, and experience in any way helpful, you shall be the first to know.

Until then, I shall not disturb you and your doubtlessly purely commercial ventures any further.

In Her Majesty's Service

Don Isaac Montoya

Consul, Corrington

21 hours ago, Bregir said:

Until then, I shall not disturb you and your doubtlessly purely commercial ventures any further.

A little dash of salt I see!

Posted (edited)

What you see is not salt. It's pure mud on the face of a proud nation! 

Edited by blackdeathgr

Montoya resents any suggestion that he should have been less than cordial in his correspondence with Hollande - he is simply confirming what Hollande himself has said about his own skills and the nature of the RNTC mission. ;)

The accusations implicitly placed in Hollande's letters, though, have not gone unnoticed. :P