blackdeathgr

Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

Thank you lads for the nice welcome! 

21 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Welcome @TribunM! Dragoons are a great choice! I don't think we have a character dedicated to that line of work and it'll be great to see what Louis gets up to. 

Well, I intend to use this figure only sporadically for military. Actually I don't know yet, it will develop.  He's got a brother for military purposes.^^ It is my understanding for the encyclopedia that there are no cuirassiers as of now. 

Question 1: there is no need to apply in any way? 

Question 2: is there some kind of fraction communication channel?

1.) Nope. Build away! The only restriction is to not name your character above the rank of Major, as higher ranks must be signed off on by the state.

2.) Yes but we are having some technical issues. We are getting it sorted but in the meantime, there is a discord that @evancelt can bring you into.

As it stands, we are at war and you're welcome to throw in if you want. If so, due to the faction chat issue, pm me and/or CapOnBOBS and we will get you into the action.

Don't worry. There's more to bobs and Oleon than war. It's just where we are these days.

If you follow a couple editions of the King's Port Advertiser in the main forum, it will get you up to speed on immediate events.

8 minutes ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

2.) Yes but we are having some technical issues. We are getting it sorted but in the meantime, there is a discord that @evancelt can bring you into.

@TribunM Here is an invite to the LEGO Pirates discord: https://discord.gg/VJAfKxHZ (the invite link will work for 7 days)

1 hour ago, TribunM said:

I intend to use this figure only sporadically for military. Actually I don't know yet, it will develop.  He's got a brother for military purposes.

Don't you know we're at war, lad? Get in that saddle and win us some plunder. Huzzah!

Ahem, sorry. Got a bit carried away there. Feel free to do as much or as little as you like. 

53 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Don't you know we're at war, lad? Get in that saddle and win us some plunder. Huzzah!

Ahem, sorry. Got a bit carried away there. Feel free to do as much or as little as you like. 

Excusez moi! Right now I am lacking horse as well as Lotis  ;)

22 minutes ago, TribunM said:

I am lacking horse

Did someone eat it? That's been known to happen round these parts. It's one of several reasons why the Wayfarer Trade Company is barred from owning property in any Oleonaise ports under my purview. 

On 2/21/2023 at 6:50 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Did someone eat it

Don't get me started on that... Despicable foreigner colonists! Don't they have anything else to eat??? :damn:

Edited by blackdeathgr

26176076400_14ea597a56_o.png

By order of His Most Holy Majesty, King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth

For his continued outstanding services to the Most Sacred Crown of Oleon, and taking particular note of his successful command over Our armies in the easternmost reaches of Our Empire which We are certain shall result in victory and much honor, I - King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth - hereby dub the honorable Hercule Francois Comte Guemain [Count].

Furthermore, be it known that the good deeds of Bishop François, taking particular note of his charitable works to serve Our subjects in Terraversa, who suffered greatly at the hands of their former rulers, and more recently his continued service to Our armies and to ensure Our victory over the pagan Lotti forces and their continued efforts to take from Us, be it known that Bishop François hereby has Our blessing and direction to form a Bishopric of the Colonies that henceforth, within the traditions, structure, and norms of the Order of the Faith, shall oversee the religious welfare of Our subjects and all the peoples east of the island of Terraversa. In further recognition of his role in overseeing this new Bishopric, I - King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth - hereby submit to the Order of the Faith, Our opinion that the honorable Bishop Francois [Count] shall hold the office of Archbishop [Marquis].

Dated the 11th Day of the 1st Month of the 8th Year of His Reign 

31431128750_30f01d4313_o.png

Congratulations @Ross Fisher for this well deserved recognition of your efforts. 

If anyone else would like to take advantage of our medals and/or noble titles, please don't hesitate to reach out to Oleon's leadership. Feel free to nominate someone else or yourself (no shame in self-promotion here).

59 minutes ago, Captain Genaro said:

no shame in self-promotion here

Actually, it's very apt for the setting. One of the reasons Nelson was so popular in his own time is that every time he won a victory, he spent loads of  his own money on publishing pamphlets and distributing them to the public. 

1 hour ago, Captain Genaro said:

Congratulations @Ross Fisher for this well deserved recognition of your efforts.

Thanks so much for organising this! Now to earn the next one! :pir-devil:

19 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

Bishop François hereby has Our blessing and direction to form a Bishopric of the Colonies... shall oversee the religious welfare of Our subjects and all the peoples east of the island of Terraversa.... the honorable Bishop Francois [Count] shall hold the office of Archbishop [Marquis]

Hazaaaa! Congratulations @Ross Fisher, and thanks for the great wrote up @Captain Genaro! I love the way Nola Mar has risen from the ashes! I am excited to see this next chapter play out and the role that the Archbishop will play in turning Nola Mar into a beacon of faith across the Brick Seas! Well done Ross!

On 4/11/2023 at 8:35 PM, Captain Genaro said:

If anyone else would like to take advantage of our medals and/or noble titles, please don't hesitate to reach out to Oleon's leadership. Feel free to nominate someone else or yourself (no shame in self-promotion here).

Nominating, @Thomas Waagenaar, and  @Keymonus at this moment.

Excellent! For titles and honours, Oleon seems to be where it is at!

This is Lt. Nicholas LaChene. He grew up on a small farm in the country. As soon as he was old enough, though, he ran away from home and join the Oleon navy. Since then he has risen in the ranks and was recently given command of a single ship.

image.jpeg

Welcome Lt. Nicholas LaChene at Brethren of the Brick Seas:pir-santa: I wish you a lot of fun playing the game.

Welcome to the party @RocketRacer42 :pir-huzzah2:

You may notice that there is reduced activity at the moment. BotBS is in the process of transitioning into an new era and while the leadership is working hard in the background, most players are taking a pause i guess.

Welcome RocketRacer. It's always nice to see new recruits (especially those loyal to Oleon:bonaparte:!) 

As others have mentioned, BOBS is currently getting ready for Era III, and I wouldn't worry too much about trying to focus on the current rules until Era III is released. That said, if you do have any questions or need help getting started, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Welcome RocketRacer. It's always nice to see new recruits (especially those loyal to Oleon:bonaparte:!) 

As others have mentioned, BOBS is currently getting ready for Era III, and I wouldn't worry too much about trying to focus on the current rules until Era III is released. That said, if you do have any questions or need help getting started, please don't hesitate to reach out.