blackdeathgr

Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

On 10/30/2021 at 2:41 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Lieutenant a new, more appropriate outfit, and wanted to show it off

Don't you just love that new SW minifig?!?!?! So "pirate-y"!

4 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Don't you just love that new SW minifig?

It's so good. Fits really nicely with the black robes the rest of my guys are rocking. 

Citizens of Oleon: a small accounting matter. I have re-credited the Fatu Hiva account 200DB for upkeep for the small fort there and removed upkeep charge from the Sep-Oct account sheet. I have done the same for the large fort in Fatu Hiva from the Oleon account (credit of 800DB applied). When you have repaired the forts, just re-submit a license form and I will re-activate them and re-apply the upkeep charges. Until then they will continue to count towards settlement size, but will not be available to defend the settlement if required.

Hello guys,

Here comes my application for chartering of a trade company based in Ile sous le Vent.

Company name: Compagnie des Nouvelles Terres

A trade ship: Amphitrite's Lily (or all traders I currently own)

From left to right, company headquarter, warehouse, housing facility and plantation.

ILgJC8.jpg

Signing up as Lieutenant 'Gabby'

BoBS

A no nonsense, low-life who's sleeves can't keep up.

Intro MOC here:

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

9 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Signing up as Lieutenant 'Gabby'

Welcome Jeff of Clubs. If you are looking for action, you are in the right place.:pir-huzzah1:

The hair though... 

I'm not going to be able to look at anything else. What conditioner does he use? The Bishop doesn't have enough hair to worry, but Lieutenant Saint-Clare would definitely like to know.

9 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

The hair though... 

I'm not going to be able to look at anything else. What conditioner does he use?

Tangerines! Naturally.

9 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:
18 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

What conditioner does he use?

Tangerines

I'm going to need to see a build of this in action.

Welcome, Jeff! Good to see another bluecoat - will be looking forward to following your story!

Welcome! Love the intro and I'm excited to see your builds!

On 1/4/2022 at 8:32 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

I know. It's been over a year on here but I am absolutely loving this thread! Plus we are supposed to be preparing for a Lotus war at the moment? I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna stick some in here. Apologies if they step on other's lore. If so, please let me know and I'll edit the post accordingly. To Arms!

Sample of line infantry formations in the New Haven Sea, circa 621AE:

[SNIP]

Thanks for reading! I'm a big fan of Osprey publishing obviously.:pir-grin: Hoping to see more of all yours as the conflict heats up!

I didn't want to clutter the Encyclopedia thread with "off-topic" comments discussing presentation, which is why I've decided to comment here. The Osprey inspiration was instantly noticeable in the way you made the scenes and numbered the soldiers. I thought it was a nice way of presenting your troops and found it an interesting, well-written read throughout :thumbup:.

Gotta love those Osprey drawings.

On 1/8/2022 at 2:22 AM, Khorne said:

I didn't want to clutter the Encyclopedia thread with "off-topic" comments discussing presentation, which is why I've decided to comment here. The Osprey inspiration was instantly noticeable in the way you made the scenes and numbered the soldiers. I thought it was a nice way of presenting your troops and found it an interesting, well-written read throughout :thumbup:.

Gotta love those Osprey drawings.

Thank you, Khorne! May you throne swell with skulls! Yeah, Peter Dennis' stuff are some of my favorite illustrations ever.

Oleonese friends,

I thought I'd post a sneak preview of a MOC I'm close to finishing here. It's a scene from New Oleon. I don't have any particular story in mind - I've wanted to build something featuring your Légion Etrangère for a long time now and when I was experimenting with Mexican style buildings I ended up with the basics of something much more North African on one of my first attempts. Anyway I ended up completely reworking and this is the result. Any faction related tips or concerns, let me know - I was just going to say it is a Foreign Legion outpost somewhere in the deserts of New Oleon. I'll probably end up donating it to you guys for the EGS if you want.

Spoiler

51884730037_530994d7a6_c.jpg

PS, not sure if I'll go fleshie or yellow for the figs but rest assured - I will not mix!!!

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

Oleonese friends,

I thought I'd post a sneak preview of a MOC I'm close to finishing here. It's a scene from New Oleon. I don't have any particular story in mind - I've wanted to build something featuring your Légion Etrangère for a long time now and when I was experimenting with Mexican style buildings I ended up with the basics of something much more North African on one of my first attempts. Anyway I ended up completely reworking and this is the result. Any faction related tips or concerns, let me know - I was just going to say it is a Foreign Legion outpost somewhere in the deserts of New Oleon. I'll probably end up donating it to you guys for the EGS if you want.

PS, not sure if I'll go fleshie or yellow for the figs but rest assured - I will not mix!!!

Looking good so far! I love the style you have. Fits the environment perfectly. It might be an outpost to protect trade caravans or trade routes going from inland to the port cities.

Loving the battlements on that tower. I am really liking this and am trilled to see some desert builds. Only a fool wouldn't accept just a gorgeous donation. If you end up donating it, I'll reciprocate that gesture in a few month's time!

Marshal Dequesne insists that it is filled with Corries bent on sabotage and that we should set fire to it...:pir-hmpf_bad:

17 minutes ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Loving the battlements on that tower. I am really liking this and am trilled to see some desert builds. Only a fool wouldn't accept just a gorgeous donation. If you end up donating it, I'll reciprocate that gesture in a few month's time!

Marshal Dequesne insists that it is filled with Corries bent on sabotage and that we should set fire to it...:pir-hmpf_bad:

Marshal Dequesne, lieutenant Gabriel and sergeant Hobbes are interesting characters. I look forward to reading more stories. That's a good thing, so it doesn't get boring at Oleon.

Rumors circulate that charlatans are on their way to Damaborg in the hope of proclaiming their religion to the brave soldiers and adventurers who are about to explore the unknown. Perhaps now more than ever, these adventurers need something to believe in, not knowing what adventures await them.

Maybe now is the time for "The Faith" to get a foothold in Damaborg and get ahead of the charlatans?

Interested in building a church/temple in Damaborg, feel free to send a pm to me :pir-sweet:

Buildingstyle: "frontier" => wood/Timberwork with colourfull support beams.

Just as in Trador, properties are safe and will not be seized in case of future events.

20 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Unit name: Breshaun Sapeurs-Pompiers

[...]

Little historical note (IRL): I always build  later in our time frame, especially when I build in the Western and more “civilised” settlements. Here we are almost at the border of our time frame for some aspects, but surprisingly inside for others:

-public firefighters, organised as we know them, date back to early 1700s). They became common only later (with huge differences in different countries), coexisting for 150 years with private companies and volunteer units.

-the fire-fighting pumps, with my surprise, date back to late 1500s. They were, however, limited by the short hose, the local availability of water, and the slow speed.

-the uniforms are a little too modern. The brass helmets were invented around 1820, so at the very end of our time frame.

Another great addition to the Encyclopedia, @Keymonus! I like how these aren't your typical military unit. I also liked reading the notes. Very interesting things I was not yet aware of. Great job on the figures and cart, too :thumbup:.

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Is there someone still active among Oleon's board of admiralty ?

It seems very quiet from the leadership side... Sadly... (Although I'd like to be proven wrong)