blackdeathgr

Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

His Most Holy Majesty, King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth, to all present and yet to come, hail.

The officers of His Most Sacred Majesty's troops have distinguished themselves by so many actions of considerable virtue and courage in support of the loyalists on the island of Terraversa which it pleased the gods to bless the justice of our arms, that, ordinary awards becoming insufficient to the affection and the thankfulness which we have for them, we have deemed it necessary to reward their zeal and fidelity with awards far exceeding what is ordinarily bestowed. 

Edward Beauchamp, Lieutenant-Colonel du Garde de Grenadiers du 1er Régiment, whose virtue, merit, and distinguished service in the army has been brought to the attention of His Most Sacred Majesty. For his ardour is raising loyalist regiments to supplement His Most Holy Majesty's forces, for his cunning actions to ambush enemy troops in the swamps of the island, and for his valor in commanding les enfants perdus in the final assault on the city of Kings Port. In recognition of this distinguished service to the Empire, Edward Beauchamp is hereby bestowed with the title of Chevalier du Royaume and Le Médaillon des Deux Épées.

Furthermore, in light of the tragic death of Colonel Delange, the temporary appointment of Edward Beauchamp as Colonel du Garde de Grenadiers du 1er Régiment is hereby recognized and made permanent.  

Dated the 24th Day of the 1st Month of the 6th Year of His Reign. 

Vive Le Roi!

31310403400_509f2f8fa7.jpg        

OOC: Congratulations @CapOnBOBS for your character's propmotion. A well deserved honor to be sure. 

Anyone else who feels they would like to earn a title/medal/rank (or if you would like to nominate someone else), simply reach out to Oleon's leadership. A simple PM will suffice, or you are welcome to make an IC reply and/or MOC.

Edited by Captain Genaro

3 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

Edward Beauchamp is hereby bestowed with the title of Chevalier du Royaume

Humbled by the King's recognition and with little need to debating the issue, Edward has selected the family's long used, but never formalized Crest as his Coat of Arms.

116584322_1641737439313231_3236905683078038021_n

Thanks for the very formal write up @Captain Genaro

On 4/24/2021 at 3:47 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Congrats @CapOnBOBS on a well deserved promotion. 

Seconded!  Well deserved indeed, and cheers to all those involved in the Oleon invasion of Kings Port/Terraversa!  It totally made my day when the first KPA announcement came out, and y'all have really spiced the forum up and (while not meaning to do detriment to anyone else, I have to say) incontestably made yourselves the most interesting and exciting faction around for the last few months.  Captain Nordau has you all down on his list of honor of the few who have been bold and/or mad enough to pull of a successful raid in the Brick Seas (though he'll have to do some work on building up his fleet before he can legitimately compare his achievements to yours :grin: :laugh:)!

Congratulations on bringing your endeavor to a successful termination!

Q: I think I have seen at least 1 "Troop Build" that was for a battery of artillery. When that occurs, do the troops raised count as "Crew" numbers (like 30 per Company) or as "Cannon" numbers (like 6 per Battery)? 

2 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Q: I think I have seen at least 1 "Troop Build" that was for a battery of artillery. When that occurs, do the troops raised count as "Crew" numbers (like 30 per Company) or as "Cannon" numbers (like 6 per Battery)? 

Troops are always "crew". For land combat, there is only one troop stat, which is numbers. The other parameters are tactical score and commander experience (plus a random factor).

If someone in Oleon wants to create a Nola Mar settlement page, I'll update the settlement index and people can post their Cat B entries there. 

Do we have a list of saints of the Order of the Faith? I know of St. Axel off the top of my head.

6 hours ago, KotZ said:

Do we have a list of saints of the Order of the Faith? I know of St. Axel off the top of my head.

Ask @Ross Fisher. He seems like a religious guy! :pir_laugh2:

Plus, one can make a vignette with a library where all those saints and their lives can (liberally) be found! In short, there was never such a list to my knowing but I believe the Order of Faith is open to canonizing people left and right (given a suitable donation :pir-grin: )

14 hours ago, KotZ said:

I don't think we do. The entry for the Order is pretty minimal. While I'm willing to develop the lore, I think the GMs wanted to keep it minimal in order to leave room for people to develop their own stories. 

7 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Ask @Ross Fisher. He seems like a religious guy! :pir_laugh2:

Plus, one can make a vignette with a library where all those saints and their lives can (liberally) be found! In short, there was never such a list to my knowing but I believe the Order of Faith is open to canonizing people left and right (given a suitable donation :pir-grin: )

The only other one I can think of is St Arltrees

In all seriousness, I was thinking of building a library of heretical texts somewhere (Got to know your enemy to defeat 'em!). Maybe a bunch of religious libraries would be appropriate? When and where that will happen, I'm not sure. 

His Most Holy Majesty, King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth, to all present and yet to come, hail.

A great pillar of Oleon is The Faith. Without it, we would be godless heathens. Barbarians running amok in the wilderness. It is with divine grace His Holy Majesty rules and leads Oleon, guided by Zeus. Yet the Order helps His Holy Majesty navigate troubled times, providing wisdom and insight into the gods' wishes.

Canon François, an honorable cleric who has lead the Knightly Order of the Treasury of Hades the Harvester of Astrapi, has also had a hand in guiding Oleon. Without his steady hand, Astrapi would not have grown as rapidly as it has. For scores of pilgrims come to visit the holy places Canon François and the Knightly Order have errected. Through faith, peace has been ever found in Acropolis. And it is with faith that the now village shall continue to flourish. While the War in Terraversa raged in far off lands, Canon François kept the subjects of the glorious Empire at ease, knowing that while horrors occurred, Faith would save all.

For his commitment to Acropolis and for his dedication to the Order of the Faith. In recognition of this distinguished service to the Empire, Canon François is hereby bestowed with the title of Bishop and charged with establishing multiple parishes throughout the colonies.

Dated the 27th Day of the Eighth Month of the 6th Year of His Reign. 

Vive Le Roi!

31310403400_509f2f8fa7.jpg       

Introducing Bishop François

Muahahahaa! Canon François is now a Bishop (after a bit of negotiation with the council - thanks @KotZ for letting me harrass you on that one). I promise he will be worthy. 

Edited by Ross Fisher

On 8/30/2021 at 12:24 AM, Ross Fisher said:

Muahahahaa! Canon François is now a Bishop (after a bit of negotiation with the council - thanks @KotZ for letting me harrass you on that one). I promise he will be worthy. 

May the sword of the gods (the one I see on the right - excellent minifig btw) be bathed in the blood of the heathens and all the riches of the world end upon the new Bishop!! (Then some more wishes for his longevity follow etc etc) :pir_tong2:

And now a good old toast! :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by blackdeathgr

Dear Sirs,

Despite the recent unpleasantries between our two nations, I believe that Oleon and Corrington have forged a new beginning of cooperation in this new world, defying the bigotry and bias of our forefathers. In the past, we have cooperated on many common problems, from confronting an expansionist Eslandola on the Isle de Medio, to fighting pirates on the high seas. Now I believe we face a new common enemy in the continued Lotii threat in the new Haven Sea.

The Lotii have continually attacked us, completely unprovoked. Now I believe your new settlements in the area also risk the same naked aggression, while at sea their banditry threatens the trade of all civilised nations like our own.

I propose a meeting between myself and a representative of your colonial administration; possibly in Silithona or another neutral settlement, to discuss the potential of a treaty of cooperation against this common foe. Even if we can not agree to fight together, let us ensure that we understand each other’s goals in the New Haven Sea area; propose spheres of influence even, to avoid any further unfortunate misunderstandings such as have occurred in Terraversa.

I eagerly await your reply, yours sincerely,

Sir Dirk Allcock

Colonial Governor of the Paradise Isles

OOC: This could be fun opportunity for some inter-faction cooperation and a combined land and sea campaign? Not to mention some tricky IC negotiations!

On 10/8/2021 at 3:07 PM, Ayrlego said:

Now I believe we face a new common enemy in the continued Lotii threat in the new Haven Sea.

North Sillitholina:

COL Beauchamp reviewed his copy of the Red Coat letter that had been transcribed to all field Commanders from Breshaun.

"Quartermaster, prepare charts of New Haven, compare ours to any friendly Merchant men in the harbor. Prepare combat provisions for 1 battalion to be ready for load out by 20 October." "Aye, Sir"

"Adjucdant, check the roles, how many men do we have from New Haven, let's get them in front of the staff tomorrow evening." "Aye, Sir"

"Mitchell, send orders, be prepared, but do not execute: 2nd and 3rd Battalions extend and relieve 1st Battalion. 1st Battalion, be prepared to embark by months end at full strength and provisioned for combat. All commanders join me for a staff briefing and dinner tomorrow night at the headquarters." "Aye, Sir"

"Exec, draft a reply back to Army Headquarters, though it certainly pains me to admit, I agree with each of Sir Allcock's points. Our position here is a good one and improving, though the best way to defend our holdings in TV against our Red Coat enemies would be to make them our friends. To that end, I can embark with a full Battalion for New Haven by month's end while maintaining our positions here. Awaiting your orders, your humble servant, etc. etc." "Aye, Sir"

@Ayrlego

To the Esteemed Sir Allcock,

Yes, the recent unpleasntries have been quite difficult. As we are now in more peaceful terms, I've been instructed by my liege to find more harmonious dealings with your people, something I hope we can achieve. War has torn apart families and friends. Your citizens who made friends with ours were forced to take sides, and vice versa. May we never have such a conflict again. Yes, we have collaborated before, but our forefathers have been mortal enemies. I do not wish for us to become that. Let us bring peace and prosperity to our lands.

His Majesty has often expressed the threat Lotus presents to his loyal subjects and to the Faith. Our settlements in New Haven are constantly on guard despite the Loti claim of peace. Mutual action between the forces of Oleon and Corrington may be enough to truly bring peace to the region. To this end, I have been empowered to meet and discuss coordinated efforts and granted authority to represent the Crown in these matters.

I will be glad to meet with you and discuss terms in Silithonia to talk about how a possible endeavor will occur. Perhaps our respective soldiers, sailors, and marines will find common ground and realize we are not so different after all, if a conflict is to break out.

Yes, I agree a neutral location would be best, at least in these early meetings. I concur that Silithona would be good for us to meet. Perhaps we can start wth a meetiing on the north side and then go to the south side, or vice-versa, to show everyone we are willing to work together and overcome our differences. I will be in attendance, as will the advisor to my religion, Bishop François and my aide de camp Beachamp.

Sincerely yours,

Robert Perrault, II, Duke of Vitoria

Bishop François and companions crossing the River Sil

Bishop François attends the Silithonia Peace Talks...

Really, I just bought the Lieutenant a new, more appropriate outfit, and wanted to show it off, and keep the squad involved in the game.

Edited by Ross Fisher