blackdeathgr

Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

@ChidJ welcome! Great character background story, already woven into the fabric of the BOBS universe! I am also new since October and am still asking lots of questions and getting lots of ood and patient answers (thanks team), so fire away. 

4 hours ago, ChidJ said:

Welcome in the Brick Seas and in the best faction (completely unbiased opinion :pir_tong2:)... Your backstory is very nice and original, I’m looking forward to seeing Pierre in action!

BTW Interesting surname, especially if given him by the monks of Hades!

The first step you should make is to create a Flickr account (if you don’t have already) or something similar, so that you can load bigger photos in eurobricks -it’s very easy, you upload the photos there and copy the link here.

After that, you can really start: I suggest you to upload a photo of your character and/or of your backstory first and then start with your buildings, ships etc. If you’ll need more detailed suggestions about something, you can ask here or send a PM (personal message) to me or other faction members!

5 hours ago, ChidJ said:

I'm sorta new to Lego and have been getting into it to have something to spend time with my sons doing. I don't quite understand this game just yet but the idea of LEGO + Pirates + RPG appeals to me. Somebody point me in the right direction so I can contribute haha 

Welcome to BoBS! A good starting place is this thread: 

But if that is more than you're looking for, and you don't want to get involved in the economic side of the game (the EGS, Economic Game System), you can still use this forum as a way to tell piratey stories illustrated with pictures of your piratey builds.

It looks like you've already found a faction that feels like "home" for what you want to do, so that's a great start. The next step would be to post a picture of your character in a small Lego build (MOC, aka My Own Creation) with some more story to go with it. The Oleon leaders (calling @Bodi) should invite you into their faction PM so you can get more support behind the scenes and coordinate with other Oleon players if you want.

Again, welcome! I look forward to seeing the stories and builds you and your sons share with us.

@ChidJ Welcome to Oleon, the best faction of Bobs, as said above.:pir-grin:

I see some of the members have already gave you some advices about how to getting started, and you may also ask for help in the faction pm, which I'm going to add you now.

Hope you a good stay and merry Christmas!

Thank you all for the welcome! I would PM some of you with questions but it says I'm allowed 0 private messages per day. Am I too new for PMs?

@Keymonus glad that subtlety wasn't lost on ya

@Bodi Thank you for the invite to faction PM. As soon as I get some time off of work, I'll get to building!

Welcome to the faction! Can't wait to see your builds!

3 hours ago, ChidJ said:

it says I'm allowed 0 private messages per day. Am I too new for PMs?

I think you need to get to 10 posts (I think that's the number) before you can initiate a PM.

noflag.png

Welcome everyone to Nouveau Oleandia's celebration of the new settlement! While Mayor Emile Perrault is away, his wife Elise has called for everyone, be the Sea Rat, Oleander, Eslandolan, or even Corlander, all are welcome to celebrate in the big parade of Oleon's new settlement, Nouveau Oleandia. The place known as Crocodile Island is filled with dangers, so what better way to celebrate life than a party and parade? Join Oleon's RCB totake part in a non-military collab.

What is an RCB?

The basic idea is that one builder starts off a model, adds a certain amount of pieces, and passes the file on to the next builder who adds more bricks, and passes it on to the builder after him, and the cycle repeats until all the builders have built. It's a lot of fun seeing the model grow and the different ideas that each builder has.

Here are links to the previous builds:

RCB 1 - Café Corner : http://www.eurobrick...=48254&hl=relay

RCB 2 - Market street : http://www.eurobrick...=51092&hl=relay

RCB 3 - Classic Space outpost : http://www.eurobrick...=55873&hl=relay

RCB 4 - Pirate fort : http://www.eurobrick...=62132&hl=relay

Who can participate?

Anyone who has the lastest version of Stud.io (or start in LDD and import) and a computer powerful enough to accomodate a ~ 5000 piece model

Interested? Then read on and sign up!!!

- - -

Rules and Guidelines:

Portions of these rules were borrowed from those of previous LDD RCB, written by ADHO15 and further developed by Brickdoctor. Even though this seems like a bunch of boring rules, this is intended to be a serious build, so do read them over before signing up.

Requirements:

• This RCB will be built using Stud.io. If you are not you prefer LDD, please build in that and let KotZ know what your preferred decals are for Stud.io. Please use LDD 4.3.11.(.12 is awful).

• You must have a Brickshelf account or Gmail account (or similar) and know how to use it.

• By the end of the build, the model will contain nearly 5,000 (plus or minus) pieces. If you think that your computer will be unable to handle such a large model, please mention it in your sign up; I will try and give you an early build spot.

Building Regulations:

• Each person can add up to 350 bricks. Use the brick counter to ensure you don't use too many bricks, otherwise portions of your addition will be deleted.

• The general rule is that you can't alter bricks placed by a previous builder. However, if absolutely necessary in order to place some vital structural elements, you are allowed to move max ten of of previous builders bricks. This allowance is not to be used to add decorations or other trivial elements.

Use only bricks in colors that have been manufactured at some time by TLG. Use BrickLink for reference.

• Avoid 'floating' of bricks, except in special cases where friction would hold the piece in place in real life. While it is okay to have corners and spaces between buildings, please keep the whole model attached. If you need more space, add in a baseplate.

• As a general guideline please avoid use of BPPs, BURPs, and <insert that tiresome argument> pieces. Brick-built solutions usually have a more refined look to them.

• Please try to stay within the intended theme of Oleon and Mardi Gras. While the other three factions are more than welcome to participate, we hope you stay within the building design of the settlement, or make a float if you choose to represent your faction.

• Factions of this build should be limited to Nouveau Oleandia as specific, and at large the Brethren of the Brick Seas as a whole. Make sure you use relevant torso’s, headgear and faces; use your imagination. If you want to build, for example, a Mardier or Lotus float, you are welcome to do so, but please keep in line with the established buildings, floats, etc.

This is meant to be a peaceful scene. Do not build in attacks by other factions or disasters. The build should represent a typical day around a rising town in BotBS.

• You are not allowed to set the RCB on fire. (or other similar inappropriate additions, and, of course, you may use fire where appropriate, such as torches) I reserve the right to remove anything that is inappropriate for the model.

• Just so our model doesn't end up looking half-finished, if you are one of the later builders, try not to start anything that can't be easily completed by the next builder.

• Provided that they do not violate one of the above Building Regulations, any design decisions are up to you. Just try to keep it looking polished and representative of a Nouveau Oleandertown: armoury, saloon, blacksmith, stables, sheriff's office, stage, restaurant, etc.

Guidelines for discussion of the RCB:

• It's sounds obvious, but to borrow KimT's line, stay on target!

• Do not ask when it will be your turn. I'll PM you when it is, so if you haven't been PMed saying it's your turn, it isn't your turn.

• If you do not get chosen to build, do not use this topic to complain about it to everyone. I'll try to be fair when I choose the participants, and if you want to discuss the participant selection, PM me instead.

- - -

What to do on Your Turn:

• You will receive a PM from myself notifying you when it is your turn and containing the latest version of the model. While the model will be available for download to anyone after the completion of each turn, please do not begin work on your portion before I have sent you the PM, otherwise you might lose your work and/or things could get messy.

• Download the file I sent you and add your bricks. Make sure you follow the Building Regulations. You have three days to complete and send in your model. If you do not or cannot finish in time, you will be replaced by a reserve participant.

• The file I sent you will be named "EB-RCB5 - Turn(turn number)". Rename the file using the appropriate Turn Number (ex. EB-RCB5-Turn1), upload it to your Brickshelf account (or similar) (PM me if you are unsure how to do this), and PM a link back to me.

- - -

I've read and agree to all the rules and regulations- how do I sign up?

Simple. Drop me (Kot) a PM saying that you want to participate and agree to the rules and regulations. If you have a preference as to when you take your turn, also include your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices for turn numbers. I cannot guarantee any particular turn. I will try to get you one of your top three choices, but understand that I can't make any promises. Also remember that I cannot be on EB 24/7 to close signups after the 20th entry, so even if you've PMed me, you are not guaranteed a spot on the roster until I send you a PM of confirmation. I will, however, choose an additional four builders for the list of reserves. There is a limit of 20 builders, and the final decision on who to include is up to the host. (me) I will try to select an good balance of both BoBS vets and newcomers. Like the previous RCBS, sign-ups are not on a first-come, first-serve basis. Sign-ups will remain open until February 20th (or until 20 builders have signed up, or if20 spots are taken by duplicates,if such has not occurred by the end of the sign up period).

This post will be updated with the participant's names and every time a turn is completed, the model will be uploaded.

- - -

Builders:

Post 00: basemodel1.png

Just now, Bregir said:

Excellent idea! Good luck.

You're welcome to join! It's not only OL members!

Just bumping this to remind people they can sign up for the RCB.

Congrats Blueteam to have invaded King's Port !

That was a nice collegial move. :thumbup:

Now let's see how you'll deal with more resistance... :pir-skel:

Let's the party begins ! :pir_tong2:

Thank you Faladrin. The war in Terraversa is over, resistance is futile now.:pir-tongue:

6 hours ago, Bodi said:

The war in Terraversa is over, resistance is futile now.:pir-tongue:

It is? There are an awful lot of troops on the island that aren't so sure...

12 hours ago, Bodi said:

Thank you Faladrin. The war in Terraversa is over, resistance is futile now.:pir-tongue:

You're welcome my dear sir.

But I think you've miscounted the troups... War is not over for what I see... :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Faladrin said:

You're welcome my dear sir.

But I think you've miscounted the troups... War is not over for what I see... :pir-grin:

War is like a big machine you know, it may still run a while after the stop bouton is pressed down, but if you guys want to jump in its path before it stops, I'll not try to stop you.:pir_tong2:

11 hours ago, Bodi said:

War is like a big machine you know, it may still run a while after the stop bouton is pressed down, but if you guys want to jump in its path before it stops, I'll not try to stop you.:pir_tong2:

I take this as complete and utter permission to continue the Count's reign of terror. :pir-wink:

@ChidJ I'm late to the party, but welcome to Oleon! Until my absence my Sig, Canon François, was one of the leading religious figures within Oleon. I'm glad to see you're carrying on this tradition, and would be happy to work with you if you'd like to develop any plotlines together. 

5 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

@ChidJ I'm late to the party, but welcome to Oleon! Until my absence my Sig, Canon François, was one of the leading religious figures within Oleon. I'm glad to see you're carrying on this tradition, and would be happy to work with you if you'd like to develop any plotlines together. 

Thanks. Real life has been busy lately and my kids cannabalized the last build I was working on. As soon as I finish my introductory builds I'd love to integrate with any established storylines you've got going 

19 minutes ago, ChidJ said:

Thanks. Real life has been busy lately and my kids cannabalized the last build I was working on. As soon as I finish my introductory builds I'd love to integrate with any established storylines you've got going 

Oleon is in the midst of an aggressive war - so welcome to the party! :pir-grin:

59 minutes ago, ChidJ said:

I'd love to integrate with any established storylines you've got going 

My main thing is the Knights Treasurer; a Crusading Order of Knights of Hades. Right now they're in Kingsport, digging in heavily.