blackdeathgr

Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

3 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

As for the Order (being the Order of Saint Arltress) does not have equivalent ranks for clergy, but members of the clergy are welcome to apply. The Chevalier title applies to both civilians and soldiers, and I believe there are some historical examples of religious figures being knighted throughout history. 

The more I think about it, the more I like it. Thanks!

@Captain Genaro Abbé François' response:

To those responsible for defence and/or military honours,
I have just spent several months in jail. This jail was built into an Oleonaise Fort. A fort that I commissioned and paid for with my own money, in order to better fortify our own colonial waters. A fort that cost me so much in additional payments that I was forced into debt. A debt for which, I was imprisoned for several months.
I have given much for Oleon: blood, gold, and effort. None of these things I begrudge. I can renew my stock of each should I intend to carry out my duty.
But time, gentlemen; time is something I do not have a renewable supply of. And what I really don't have time for is pretentious local governors refusing me an audience because I have recently left prison.
Therefore, what I want you to do is restore me to grace. Grant me whatever honour it takes to cancel out the disgrace of sacrificing your good name for your country. I am a patriot and a devout Aplynacian. I will not suffer further delay.
If I cannot restore my reputation, I will be forced to cut short my mission to the Brick Seas, and return to Granoleon. Be sure that I will make it my job to thoroughly investigate those who held me back.
Yours in faith,
Abbé Jules François

@Captain Genaro

Can I propose myself? For keeping the peace between Eslandola and Oleon and not doing anything the past 2 years.

Some haters will point on the fact I am still somewhere on the other side of the world (AMRCA story "origins") and that it would be difficult to stir trouble from that part of the world, but my response is: look to the facts. It has never been more peacefull between our 2 nations :pir-sweet:

If even a criminal fresh from prison is eligible for nobility ... can the WTC apply as a whole? :devil_laugh:

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Once again, he's not a criminal. He was a debtor. 

Spoiler

opwt9l8a1f111.jpg

:pir_tong2:

20 hours ago, Maxim I said:

@Captain Genaro

Can I propose myself? For keeping the peace between Eslandola and Oleon and not doing anything the past 2 years.

Some haters will point on the fact I am still somewhere on the other side of the world (AMRCA story "origins") and that it would be difficult to stir trouble from that part of the world, but my response is: look to the facts. It has never been more peacefull between our 2 nations :pir-sweet:

20 hours ago, Darnok said:

If even a criminal fresh from prison is eligible for nobility ... can the WTC apply as a whole? :devil_laugh:

I had no idea that so many foreigners were desperate to have their actions recognized by His Most Sacred Majesty, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that their own nation's paltry awards and titles are simply inadequate when compared to the glory and honors that could be bestowed by the Empire of the Light!:bonaparte::pir_laugh2:

And while no rule prohibits foreigners from applying, I think you're going to need a better argument than "I went two years without starting a war, and since I'm not currently in prison I can stop by and pick up my prize anytime." 

Edited by Captain Genaro

On 10/25/2019 at 12:53 AM, Captain Genaro said:

while no rule prohibits foreigners from applying, I think you're going to need a better argument than "I went two years without starting a war, and since I'm not currently in prison I can stop by and pick up my prize anytime." 

My ribs hurt lmao

dukerobert2.jpg

Robert Perrault, II, Duke of Vitoria His grandfather Bernard had three children, Robert, Sophie, and Camille. Being the first child, and male, of his family, Robert, I, went on great expeditions and acquired a great amount of wealth. His sister Sophie died in childbirth, but his youngest sister Camille had a child, Emile, who now is married to Elise and runs a successful alcohol business.

Robert, I, after one expedition led to him needing to amputate a leg, retired from the life of the sea and turned his sights on moving up in the world. Robert, I became the leader of a trading company, getting friends in high circles. Unfortunately, Robert I died before he reached his dream of being granted a duchy. His only child Robert Perrault, II completed that goal. He continued his trading through the homeland of Oleon, expanding it as he could. But his true test of valor came on the field of battle, by wiping out a small uprising with only himself, a maid, and the gods he prayed too. It was the two (or three, depending on the stories if you believe in the gods) of them against ten.

Here, you can see Robert, II, in his library, just before he gets his duchy granted.

dukerobert2_wide.jpg
The build

On 10/25/2019 at 7:53 AM, Captain Genaro said:

I think you're going to need a better argument than "I went two years without starting a war, and since I'm not currently in prison I can stop by and pick up my prize anytime."

:laugh_hard::roflmao::iamded_lol:

Letter to Canon François,

You have done it! Your hard work has paid off, and now great honor has been brought to the François family.

After our meeting, I have been quite impressed with your standing and virture. After long trials, you have deserved to join the ranks of a society we hold close to our hearts. The work you have done has shown you and your brethren's dedication to our country.

You may have noticed we addressed you differently. As a reward, Abbe Francois, please take this promotion to Canon as a way for Oleon to give her thanks, but also to bring prosperity to the lands you hold. In addition, your nephew now holds the Barontecy. Long may your line reign.

15 hours ago, KotZ said:

Letter to Canon François,

You have done it! Your hard work has paid off, and now great honor has been brought to the François family.

After our meeting, I have been quite impressed with your standing and virture. After long trials, you have deserved to join the ranks of a society we hold close to our hearts. The work you have done has shown you and your brethren's dedication to our country.

You may have noticed we addressed you differently. As a reward, Abbe Francois, please take this promotion to Canon as a way for Oleon to give her thanks, but also to bring prosperity to the lands you hold. In addition, your nephew now holds the Barontecy. Long may your line reign

Legend, thanks!

Sign of Life

Meanwhile, somewhere in the unknown vastness of the Brick Seas...

49403148207_93f5b6e788_c.jpg

... after an old mission had failed spectacularly, an even older character apparently isn't as dead just yet as was rumoured, though he clearly has seen better days... umm... might add that the poor fellow next to him was even less lucky...

'I just hope that someone gets my message...' he mumbles...

Edited by Kolonialbeamter