blackdeathgr

Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

His Most Holy Majesty, King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth, hereby directs all Royal Representatives and Servants of the Crown to inform the High Council of any persons who have committed deeds worthy of official recognition by Oleon’s Sacred Crown. Any such recognition shall include an exact report of the heroic and noble deeds and what medal or title the deed is worthy of.

Vive Le Roi!

31310403400_509f2f8fa7.jpg        

OOC: Oleon has a whole lot of medals and titles and ranks, and we would like to give them out. Players are welcome to nominate their own characters or another player’s. All that is required is an IC letter stating the character and an explanation as to why they deserve whatever you are nominating them for. No accompanying builds are required, but they would certainly help your case. Builds can be posted in their own topic, and letters should be posted in Oleon's topic (please tag one of more of Oleon's leadership to ensure we see your build and/or letter). No rewards are guaranteed, but we hope to recognize players who are helping Oleon dominate the Brick Seas!

I would like to nominate (drumroll please!)

King Fernando Augusto VII! 

This august Monarch's resume includes (but is not limited to):

That was fun.  Consider it a walk through BoBS/Eslandola history. :pir-grin:

6 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

On the one hand, I really want me some medals. One the other hand, I just got here. Reckon I should wait awhile...

Don't wait, apply now, we have plenty of medals to give away.:pir_laugh2:

On 8/4/2018 at 2:01 AM, Kai NRG said:

I would like to nominate (drumroll please!)

King Fernando Augusto VII! 

This august Monarch's resume includes (but is not limited to):

Now, now... someone is pesting us with invalid nominees (although I did have some great laughs with your recap)!

Dear Oleanders: what is up with @Kolonialbeamter? He has been last online over half a year ago. Could somebody with contacts outside of EB let us know if he is okay and when - if at all - he will return to BotBS? He is being missed.

54 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Dear Oleanders: what is up with @Kolonialbeamter? He has been last online over half a year ago. Could somebody with contacts outside of EB let us know if he is okay and when - if at all - he will return to BotBS? He is being missed.

He has messaged me on Skype about a month ago claiming to be okay :pir-wink: No need to be worried, no idea when he might be returning.

A letter to the court

To the august members of the High Council

My noble lords,
I'm writing this letter in the manor of my ancient family, the House of Rimbaud, that I see again for the first time after long years spent in the New World.
Whenever the King called, my House always answered, from the time of the Saint King Arltrees, when the honorable Titus Rimbaud received our first holdings, 
to the brutal Forty-Nine Years War, when my noble father Auguste Rimbaud led our soldiers against the Corries during the victorious battles of Hades' Hills and Fort Matilde.

I myself fought bravely when our blessed King called, earning my rank on the battlefield: both on the Western Border, when during Juniper War groups of raiders entered Oleon, underestimating the little garrisons remained in the West, and in Southern Oleon, when Salleeki pirates attacked our coasts, my soldiers and I gave our enemies a hard lesson.

I later moved in Astrapi, our glorious colony on Ile de Zeus. There, I gave my humble contribution to the development of the settlement, starting a flourishing silver mining activity and joining with my own resources the construction of the Royal Arsenal. Some of the infrastuctures I wanted, such as the Commercial Bureau or Rimbaud Canal, relaunched the economy of the colony, with great advantage for both the citizens and the State.

Even if now I'm a civilian I have always been loyal to the Crown and to the Order and for this reason, during the dark happenings of Fatu Hiva, I hired a group of volunteers and led them into the jungle, as I reported previously, facing great dangers and obtaining a complete success.

Seen the ancient nobility of my House and my personal credits, therefore I ask the High council to consider my person for the title of Baron of Astrapi, and/or another title/decoration if considered more suitable.

Signed on 9 September 618, Rimbaud Manor

Tristan Rimbaud

39410618411_0b499fb27c_s.jpg

OOC I only moved the letter from its own topic (linked above) to the general thread as required in the instructions

Monsieur Rimbaud

The Oleander court is aware of your loyalty and your contributions to our cause, your wish has been communicated to our King, you'll be notified of the result in due time.

Duc d'Ablette

Ministre des colonnies

Thank you Sir,

I'll faithfully wait for His Blessed Majesty's decision

Monsieur Tristan Rimbaud

OOC Thank you Bodi, I'll stay tuned! :pir-classic:

Ships of La Royale, please note that only the rated ships are listed here.

This list is not exhaustive, everyone is welcome to add his ship to it if I forgot to mention your work here.

Class 10, le Royal Philip.

37557880506_4aec890f42_c.jpg

Class 9, le Monarque.

36741110033_7f54291c48_c.jpg

Class 9, le Fougueux

15342350746_DISPLAY.jpg

Class 8, le Triton

29289128443_77b42825d1_c.jpg

Class 8, the Tigre

26320939612_91ae1159d8_z.jpg

Class 8, le Tonnant

15090905561_DISPLAY.jpg

Class 8, l'Etat de Boussac

33360908121_84d56eb922_c.jpg

Class 7: l'Ardent

15090905563_DISPLAY.jpg

Class 7: the Pearl of Loyalty

38776255035_627bb9354b_z.jpg

Class 7, la Combattante

1489821891m_DISPLAY.jpg

Class ?, la Vigilante, nominally she's a 38-gun heavy frigate, size-wise she should be classed as a class 7.

32046133556_9f987a0bf8_c.jpg

Class ?, la Diligente, 32-fun frigate, size-wise I think it should be a class 7.

27301255391_f56298bb51_c.jpg

Class 7?, the Expedition, 42-gun heavy frigate

IMG_20160531_073028147.jpg

Class 7?, the Lightning

IMG_20160531_200624344.jpg

Class 7, le Bruyant

1508249323m_DISPLAY.jpg

Class 6,  l'Acharnée.

1518603301m_DISPLAY.jpg

Class 6, la Licorne

15051910635_DISPLAY.jpg

Class 6, the Tiddlywinks.

IMG_20160930_121359100.jpg

So many megablocking Oleon ships currently around... Time for some Blackflags to disturb order :pir-murder:

Just joking, I am deeply impressed... So many lovely Lego pirate ships melts my heart

Well, I saw those ships before when they were MOCed but seeing them all together it's absolutely impressive! They raise the will of annihilate a couple of enemy fleets! :pir-oh3:

Edited by Keymonus

@Keymonus

The King, after having conferred with his ministers, has made the following decision regarding your request.

For your continuous exceptional efforts for Oleon and his majesty, you are granted now the title of Marquis of Astrapi.

Congrats Keymonus!

Vive le Roi!

My most grateful thanksgivings to His blessed majesty!

Vive Le Roi!

OOC Thank you, I’ll build as soon as possible a vignette of Tristan Receiving the news! 

On 10/1/2018 at 7:49 PM, Keymonus said:

My most grateful thanksgivings to His blessed majesty!

Vive Le Roi!

OOC Thank you, I’ll build as soon as possible a vignette of Tristan Receiving the news! 

A great thank you sir for your efforts to promote the values and culture of Oleon!

His Most Holy Majesty, King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth, 

In recognition for steadfast duty, unwavering courage in the performance of his duties, and absolute, faithful obedience to all Orders issued by the Most Sacred Crown of Oleon and its loyal servants,

His Most Holy Majesty hereby directs Pierre François, Lieutenant de la Mousquetaires de la Maison Militaire du Roi d’Oleon to appear before Guérin Godefry de Tourment whereby Lord de Tourment shall, with the full blessing and authority of His Most Holy Majesty, bestow upon Pierre François the title of Chevalier du Royaume with all the authority, privileges, and honors appertaining thereunto. 

Vive Le Roi!

31310403400_509f2f8fa7.jpg        

@Ross Fisher @Keymonus Congratulations to you both. Please send me a PM detailing your proposed crest and we'll work something out. 

And at least one of you mentioned cookies... be sure to bring those!:pir_laugh2: 

Hi all, been away for a while while finishing up school. Wondering where I can go to understand what this Era II means :)

Anyway thanks and happy to be back :)

2 hours ago, Django Fett said:

Hi all, been away for a while while finishing up school. Wondering where I can go to understand what this Era II means :)

Anyway thanks and happy to be back :)

We're happy to have you back. The major changes likely relate to the MCRA which now has separate Trade and Adventure components. There have been two major challenges and a variety of smaller contests. You can check the Master Index for any other general information that you might need to get up to speed. For matters that only the faithful should be privy to, use Oleon's Estates General PM.

If you have more specific inquiries, don't hesitate to ask.  

Welcome back! :classic: If you need some help (both for the rules or in terms of funds for ships or properties) feel free to send me messages!

16 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

We're happy to have you back. The major changes likely relate to the MCRA which now has separate Trade and Adventure components. There have been two major challenges and a variety of smaller contests. You can check the Master Index for any other general information that you might need to get up to speed. For matters that only the faithful should be privy to, use Oleon's Estates General PM.

If you have more specific inquiries, don't hesitate to ask.  

1 hour ago, Keymonus said:

Welcome back! :classic: If you need some help (both for the rules or in terms of funds for ships or properties) feel free to send me messages!

Thank you so much to the both of you! I will certainly reach out soon, Keymonus thanks for your openness. 

Welcome! I would say back but I am new as well. If you ever visit the Sereen Cay on the Rock or New Nassau on Isla de Barro (island 21), PM me and we'll have a couple of ales

I'm spooling back up to start building again, and was wondering what I need to do to go about deep-sixing my old character and starting fresh (still in Oleon, of course!).  It's been about two years since I did anything BoBs related and want to have a clean break between the old and new.