blackdeathgr

Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

2 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

I even bribed and used all my connections at the King's court to be exempted but to no avail! Preposterous :tongue:

Err

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:29 AM, Captain Genaro said:

vessels flying under foreign colors

If this applies to you, I think we need to have another discussion.:tongue:

Just now, Kolonialbeamter said:

This is outrageous! You forgot the hashtag to shame!

#shame!

:laugh:

I do not follow these hipster shenanigans. It seems there is no common sense to be found in Oleon...

Just now, Captain Genaro said:

Err

If this applies to you, I think we need to have another discussion.:tongue:

Whooops! Cmon! Let me dramatically role play a bit! :tongue:

(coins are jingling inside the velvet royal blue pouch)

#shame

Just now, Drunknok said:

It seems there is no common sense to be found in Oleon...

It even says so right next to our doorbell :grin:

3 hours ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

This is outrageous! You forgot the hashtag to shame!

#shame!

:laugh:

*rings bell* Shame!

To the representatives of his most exalted Majesty, King Philip of Oleon and Guelph,

Let it be known that Corrington sees the recently introduced tariffs on trade a unreasonable hindrance to free trade, liberty of travel and mutual amiable relations.

Corrington stands against such protectionist efforts and pledges free trade in all Corlander ports, under the stipulation of adhering to Corlander law and good behaviour.

It is our hope that your measures are a temporary solution, and will soon be lifted in the spirit of cultural exchange, amiable relations, and free trade.

On behalf of her Royal Majesty, Queen Anetta of Corrington and Balondia.

George Robertson

Undersecretary of trade

Belson

*clap, clap*

Captain Bowditch just cheering that Corry missive from the sidelines here :pir-grin:

To the Intendant General des Finances, in his role as founder of the Royal New Terra Company and representative of King Philip of Oleon and Guelph,

Eslandola, as a nation of traders, is disappointed to learn of Oleon's new tariffs. We feel this is an unnecessarily antagonistic move against all citizens of the Brick Seas, which will ultimately only hurt Oleon's own trade prospects and the flourishing of cultural exchange between our nations. We petition you to reconsider your tariff, and hope that you will come to see the benefits of free trade for all.

Additionally, there is the matter of the Royal New Terra Company. Many Eslandolans are shareholders in your RNTC. Shareholder rights, as described by you upon issuance of the stock, state that shareholders are conferred access to ports not extended to others. As tariffs are a form of closure of your ports, we request that you honor the conditions of the stock sale and waive these tariffs for all foreign shareholders in your Royal New Terra Company, if King Philip does not see fit to reverse course on the tariffs.

I hope that our nations can quickly return to the state of free trade that has existed between us and throughout the Brick Seas for years.

On behalf of the Continental Council and King Fernando-Augusto VII of Eslandola,

wm_guilder_sig.jpg

Willem Guilder

Eslandola Secretary of Trade

Secretary Guilder, 

His Most Holy Majesty King Philip I is aware of your concerns regarding the tax on foreign shipping in Oleon's ports. He is aware of concerns regarding cultural exchange and has directed his agents to ensure that this does not impede the ability of anyone to bask in the Kingdom of Light's unparalleled, sublime culture.

Of significant concern to His Most Holy Majesty is the fact that Oleon's ports struggle to support our merchant marine, much less that of all nations. Foreign merchants flooding Oleon's ports with inferior foreign goods can only reduce the profits of our own merchants. His Majesty does not see fit for foreigners to profit at the expense of His subjects. 

Furthermore, prior to this tax, Oleon only taxed income from its merchants. As such, if the profitability of Oleander merchants suffered, so did the Royal Treasury. Once again, His Most Holy Majesty does not desire to see Oleon suffer just to enrich impious and heretical foreigners. 

It is the opinion of the Royal Treasury that this tax on foreign shipping does not constitute a port closure any more than our property tax represents a settlement closure. Also, the RNTC cannot unilaterally waive the tax. The Company is subject to, not immune from, the rule of law. This does not eliminate the possibility of shareholders being exempt from the tax. In His absolute wisdom, His Most Holy Majesty included the ability to suspend the tax on a case-by-case basis. This suspension can apply to RNTC shareholders. 

Vive le Roi et Pour la Prospérité! 

31645643486_27bb86f079_m.jpg

Pierre Lavalette Genaro  

Duc de Vele et Pair d’Oleon, Intendant Général des Finances, Grand’Croix de l’Ordre Royal de Saint-Arltrees, et Directeur de RNTC

Granoleon, Nov. 4th, 617AE

Edited by Captain Genaro

26174878650_151f815674_o.png

The Royal Office of the Colonies hereby appoints the honorable Mousquetaire du Roi, Romain (@Bodi), mayor of His Majesty's glorious Town of Eltina. May the new mayor and this settlement continue to prosper!

For the High Council,

Guiscard Emery de Beauregard, Duc de Corban, Secrétaire d’État de la Marine, Commandeur de l’Ordre Royal et Militaire de l’Étoile d’Ardros, Commandeur de l’Ordre Royal de Saint-Arltrees, Grand-Amiral d’Oleon

30756418334_4dffbf0ea9_o.png

Signed in Londa, 08. November 617AE.

Vive le Roi!

Congrats on the well-deserved promotion, Bodi! :classic:

And (OOC) re: the tax thing - actually, while IC my characters disagree and find Oleon's tax outright villainous, of course, OOC I do like it - very Oleanderish :pir-laugh: :pir-grin:  And a nice way to distinguish the factions more and give 'em a bit more character :thumbup:

Congratulations Bodi! A well deserved promotion indeed!

Thank you KB, Garm and Duke!

Here comes a little of background story:

Maître Romain was a veteran mousquetaire and professionnal fencer, he left Granoleon with Lagaufre, for a post at Eltina. There, he met his old friend, Lagaufre

-    Maître Romain, I shall congratule you on your nomination to the post of Mayor of Eltina. On behalf of the...
-    Oh, spare me the civilities, Lagaufre was suddenly interrupted his friend, I’ve had enough when I was at the Court, it’s also one the reasons I volunteered to go to the colonies. 
-    You are still the same, mon vieux. Lagaufre replied. Good, voila your office, you can call it the Mairie of Eltina, it’s a bit small, but you know, we only get started and we have other priorities to comply. But I can assure you this is only temporary, you’ll get a larger hotel de ville eventually, when I have time and got enough bricks.
-    What?
-    Never mind.

15101500641_DISPLAY.jpg

The next morning, Romain struggled to wake up because he drank too much last night, he arrived late, and found a few unhappy gentlemen, queuing in front of his office. Whispering a few words of excuse, he hurried to unlock the lock and sat behind his desk. For our former mousquetaire, this is a new experience, will he comply to the usage of Oleander bureaucracy? We shall see.

15101500652_DISPLAY.jpg

GZ Bodi and happy mayorship-ing! If those pesky gents outside the building are annoying you,  you can always duel with them!!! The people of Eltina welcome you and wish you a happy staying! 

26176076400_14ea597a56_o.png

His Most Holy Majesty, King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth, hereby requires any and all vessels attempting to obtain a suspension from His proclamation from the Second Day of the Eleventh Month of the Second Year of His Divine Reign to send the request to the Office of the Intendant Général des Finances. This includes, but is not limited to, any foreign holders of Preferred Stock in the Compagnie Royale de la Nouvelle Terre (RNTC). His Majesty's Representative, the Intendant Général des Finances, will inform foreigners if their vessel shall be exempted. 

Be it done on the Eigth Day of the Eleventh Month of the Second Year of His Divine Reign.

31431128750_30f01d4313_o.png

OOC: Anyone any everyone who wants to use Oleon's ports and who wants an exemption from the tax should send me a PM to that effect. This includes foreign shareholders in the RNTC. 

6 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

GZ Bodi and happy mayorship-ing! If those pesky gents outside the building are annoying you,  you can always duel with them!!! The people of Eltina welcome you and wish you a happy staying! 

Thank you BD! These gents have already paid bribe completed all the formalities, so we are good:pir-laugh:.

To all subjects and citizens of the Brick Seas:

The RNTC Peppercorn Factory in Lavalette

In order to cash in on the desire for spices in Halos, the RNTC has decided to invest heavily in the peppercorn business. Therefore, Lavalette will be developed into a hub for the pepper trade in the Prio Sea and beyond. Next to the expansion of existing and the installation of new peppercorn plantations on Stéphanique, this also encompasses the centralization of refinement and storage facilities in Lavalette, as well as the expansion of the city's harbor capacities. For this purpose, the RNTC's directeur has agreed to the establishment of a peppercorn factory.

This is a RNTC royal property building program for the settlement of Lavalette, Stéphanique.

Details:

• this is a building collab aiming at the creation of a royal sized factory to be owned by the RNTC (see the Royal Mint and Château Richemont for previous Oleon collabs)
  • the collab is to be completed by the end of the year
  • the build itself will encompass a number of MOCs to match the necessary footprint of 10.000 studs
  • this program is open to all subjects of the Brick Seas (though Oleanders are given an exclusive first signup opportunity until Saturday, November 18th), RNTC shareholders and those interested in becoming one. 
  • builders can sign up for suggested parts, or - after consultation with company leadership (@Captain Genaro) - build what they seem fits best
  • suggested parts:
    • factory main building, or parts thereof in combination with detail-MOCs, ideally in an early industrial not-fancy-at-all style similar to that of the Tabasco Factory on Avery Island, Louisiana, USA
      • louisiana_tabasco_factory.jpg
    • a peppercorn delivery, the process of drying and cleaning: outside drying platforms, workers cleaning the peppercorn from twigs and waste, maybe even including vats of boiling water to help prepare the peppercorn
    • large pepper mills (for ground pepper), a waterwheel would be a great addition and could be used to power the mill
    • packaging and storing facility/facilities
    • a quay to load/unload barges and transport the peppercorn to the large Indiamen in the harbor
    • the factory director's office
    • sneezing minifigs should be part of all builds :grin:
  • for more background information on pepper, and for building inspiration, check this here, for example!
  • as a reward for participation in this first building program, all contributions will - in modification of the general requirements - boost the builders' eligibility for the Medal of Prosperity by one full level! So even without further building activity in Lavalette, you'll receive this year's medal in Bronze, allowing you to purchase one share of Preferred Stock
  • in addition, all participants that take part in two royal building programs will be dubbed Knight of the Royal Order of Saint Arltrees. Past participation (Royal Mint, Château Richemont) does count.
  • it should go without notice that increasing the revenue of the RNTC will benefit all shareholders, by increasing the value of the company's Preferred Stock, and mostly the quarterly dividend
  • Note that royal properties are held to high standards. As such, if you plan on joining this collab, be prepared to put forth your best effort.

38332570021_874a13c005_o.png

Pierre Lavalette Genaro  

Duc de Vele, Pair d'Oleon, Intendant General des Finances d'Oleon, et Directeur de la Compagnie Royale de la Nouvelle Terre

Granoleon, Nov. 11th, 617AE

Vive le Roi et pour la Prospérité!

Another nice opportunity, but: do you not think this is a bit too much at once? There is so much going on at the moment, this just feels like too much.

Why too much? It's just a matter of preferences and priorities :wink: And what else is there besides the main challenge and one's personal projects?

Also, seven weeks to come up with something, shouldn't be too hard.

Well, there are currently, apart from this:

• the Royal Wagonway on Cocovia (until the end of November)
  • the Jameston factory thingy (until the end of November)
  • the Nova Terelli embassy thingy (until the end of January)
  • the Orchid challenge (until mid-January)

Now this, with some "high standard only please" restrictions... eh. Not that I will not think about it, but I will most likely pass. Just too much going on somewhere else.

Just now, Drunknok said:

Well, there are currently, apart from this:

• the Royal Wagonway on Cocovia (until the end of November)
  • the Jameston factory thingy (until the end of November)
  • the Nova Terelli embassy thingy (until the end of January)
  • the Orchid challenge (until mid-January)

Now this, with some "high standard only please" restrictions... eh. Not that I will not think about it, but I will most likely pass. Just too much going on somewhere else.

Ehh... isn't this a good thing? So many options for those builder who vary from building factories, jungles and stories! I understand Oleonander will want to compete with Corries and there is nobody forcing any player to join in.

@Drunknok:

Of the above, only the challenge on Celestia is "official". The rest are player driven incentives. Thus, you should clearly distinguish them. There will be player driven incentives throughout the life of BoBS, but generally, the "official" challenges are the big thing. :)

Of those (not counting the general era challenge) two are Corlander collabs/projects, and one is Eslandolan. Not demoting cross faction incentives here, but I still got to bring something to the table for those wishing to forward Oleon's cause. Should we wait now until other factions have finished their projects? :wink:

5 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Should we wait now until other factions have finished their projects? :wink:

If you want the maximum of attention and available ressources (that is: time of those who build), then: yes, for sure.