blackdeathgr

Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

Just now, Kolonialbeamter said:

Praise the Gods for those! :grin:

Hail Zeus! Hail Poseidon! (Not so) hail Hades! :tongue: :tongue:

19 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Praise the Gods for those! :grin:

Nothing divine about these liquids. Just good old-fasioned craftsmenship in the brewery and distillery business. Which Corrington excells at. :pir_laugh2:

29 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Nothing divine about these liquids. Just good old-fasioned craftsmenship in the brewery and distillery business. Which Corrington excells at. :pir_laugh2:

You have obviously no taste for fine things in life young Corrish :tongue:

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

"Nobody expects the Corlander Research Grant Committee" :pir-wink:

Darn - certainly didn't expect that:grin:

3 hours ago, Drunknok said:

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

You have obviously no taste for fine things in life young Corrish :tongue:

As blackdeathgr said, you have no taste. You need to try some of Emile’s rum and beer from Oleon. 

Uisge for everybody, and mushrooms to go with it on Dec. 21.

"Triuri nas tròcairiche gràdhaiche na màthraichean. Beannachd uile a' mhuinntir le bethannan."

Jean-Baptiste de Moncey

November 3, 617

Mère, 

I will start off by saying that the judge needs to retire because he is a senile old man who gave a verdict that was absolutely ludicrous. Je ne comprends pas. In my defense, I would not be so stupid as to start fisticuffs with a navy commodore. Why the thought of acting in such a barbaric manner is even more preposterous. Between you and me, I have a feeling Jean-Luc was the one you cause that fight. We both look similar and yes we may also share similar names but he has a temperament when he has drunk the fine wine of our country. And while I made have had relations with an admiral’s daughter that does not warrant the verdict that was given. Even more over, he backed me into a corner. He had the audacity to tell me that I had the choice to either retain my titles, which are few I might add, and start as a private in the army in some back water colony in the middle of nowhere. Or should I choose to give them up, I would be given the rank of a lieutenant and have a choice of being sent to a back water colony or New Orleon. I mean really, I am the fourth son of Count de Moncey, Jean-Luc is the eldest with all the titles. Rene is a captain in the Orleon Navy and Francis is a priest of Poseidon somewhere in Terraversa. What does a fourth son have left but a title or two? Revenons à nos moutons. As a lieutenant, I am awaiting my first assignment in Breshaun. Which I might add is a very wonderful city full of adventure. I am safe and sound mother. So please do not worry. Je t'aime. 

Jean-Baptiste de Moncey

So this is my first entry and the picture is bigger than I'd like. If someone could let me know have to resize picture that would be greatly appreciated.

C&C is always welcome.

Mike

Welcome to BoBs, Merc. I quite like your intro and the idea of writing it like a letter home is just inspired! I also like how you have build in some tension in your character and his family already, and opened up for some interesting side characters in the form of his brothers. Can't wait to see what you make of your time in BoBs!

PS. Regarding pictures, on Flickr there is a small bent arrow that you click, chose bb-code and select the size of the image you want. For eurobricks, we normally use 800x600 or similar. You then copy the link and paste that into the post here :)

Welcome Merc, very nice backstory and a great build. Its simple but it gets the point across wonderfully and I'm really liking the chandelier. When it comes to resizing your picture I think most people just do it in a photo editing software although I believe there is a way to do it on eurobricks, once you've linked the URL double click on the picture and you should be given the option to resize. Enjoy.

Welcome aboard, Merc, great to see a new member among us and you 've chosen the right faction.:laugh:

Cool sigfig, I recommend you to pay a visit to monsieur de Roseabeau once you arrive in Breschaun, he'll help you to settle down.

Welcome Merc. That is a very well written introduction. As Bregir mentioned, the "writing a letter home" idea is a great one. The build going with it is also nice, I especially like the chandelier above. I am looking forward to more from you and your character, even if you have chosen the wrong colours. :wink:

@merc Welcome to BoBS and Oleon, merc. Loving your intro, and looking forward to thrilling adventures and character developments - as Bregir said, your story has got quite some potential :classic:

You'll be added to our faction PM very shortly. If you got any questions, feel free to ask!

Vive le Roi!

@Maxim I No worries, I just got paid by Mardier :tongue: :grin:

1 hour ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

@Maxim I No worries, I just got paid by Mardier :tongue: :grin:

Still want to see some good old fashioned toe hanging as you started the month being bankrupt :D

26176076400_14ea597a56_o.png

His Most Holy Majesty, King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth, hereby directs the Secrétaire d'État de la Marine to require all vessels flying under foreign colors to register with the Office Royal de la Marine prior to entering any settlement in His Sacred Realm. 

All such vessels shall submit an amount equal to 25 percent of their revenue to the Royal Treasury, and shall be prohibited from leaving settlements in His Sacred Realm until such payment is received. Should a vessel fail to register, the aforementioned percentage shall be increased to 50. 

This proclamation may be suspended on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of His Most Holy Majesty and His agents. 

Be it done on the Second Day of the Eleventh Month of the Second Year of His Divine Reign.

31431128750_30f01d4313_o.png

Does this tax also apply to foreign-flagged ships owned by shareholders of the RNTC, who have paid specifically for access to ports in the share agreement?

18 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Does this tax also apply to foreign-flagged ships owned by shareholders of the RNTC, who have paid specifically for access to ports in the share agreement?

It does. Just as standard land properties in RNTC ports are subject to Oleon's tax, so are ships visiting RNTC ports. You are always welcome to request the tax be suspended for your vessels.

20 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I even bribed and used all my connections at the King's court to be exempted but to no avail! Preposterous :tongue:

Just now, blackdeathgr said:

I even bribed and used all my connections at the King's court to be exempted but to no avail!

Oleanders love to rip off everybody, even their own folks. Shame!

Just now, Drunknok said:

Au contraire! This is called equality!

Plus if that's what it takes for RNTC to flourish, then so be it.

Just now, Drunknok said:

This is outrageous! You forgot the hashtag to shame!

#shame!

:laugh: