Sign in to follow this  
knotian

How to include alternate building methods in instructions

I am planning on developing instructions for some MOC's I'm working on. As I was building I found, in several instances,that different parts could be used with the same visual result. I picked the method that best utilized my inventory. This was an instance of a great many identical sub-assemblies. Since each method would result in very different parts list, I was wondering how others handled this type of situation.

just going by the title of this topic, the way I would put it in my instructions (if I ever did) is this:

First in MLcad, create the two different sub-assemblies. Then put both in the main assembly, but put the alternate method in a buffer exchange.

Then in LPub3D, put the two assembles in call-outs (on the same page, if they are small) with "or use this:" above the alternate method.

This would make a page that has two steps showing the two building methods. (although the alternate method will appear first - putting it second is possible, but more complicated)

mocbuild101

Thanks for the info. That would handle the instructions, but still leaves the parts list question. The only way I can think of is to distribute the drawing file as well as the instructions, so they can select the method they want and then delete the other from the drawing and re do the parts list.

knotian