Kaanere

Discussion: LEGO Architecture 2018

I can't believe the Statue of Liberty is an official set, it's so incredibly detailed! It's a fantastic parts pack as well with so many sand green coming! :moar: And I need a lot of small sand green pieces for an Art Nouveau modular I'm planning to build in future... Its price is fantastic as well, at least in Germany! A must-buy for me!

3 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

It's a fantastic parts pack as well with so many sand green coming! :moar: And I need a lot of small sand green pieces for an Art Nouveau modular I'm planning to build in future.

Oh yes, I'm particularly hyped for all the newly recolored 1×2 bow parts in this, not to mention that Nexo shield too! 

Looking most forward to your future modular, especially if both Sand Green and Art Nouveau are involved! :grin:

On 4/27/2018 at 11:14 PM, Lucarex said:

Friend went recently and said they were about £55 equivalent. So you’re breaking even, unless you factor in the trip itself (although a “day” isn’t long enough IMO).

As for resale, there’s a lot available online so I wouldn’t bank on making a significant profit on 2 spare sets.

I'd land at 9.55am and return flight is 22.35pm so it would be a long day there - I just mean is there a Lego museum or similar to visit and a decent public transport network as otherwise I am just literally visiting a shop.

I wasn't looking to make a big profit - but if I could clear £20 per set just getting a couple basically covers my flight costs and just helps out a bit.

18 hours ago, Fairsy said:

I'd land at 9.55am and return flight is 22.35pm so it would be a long day there - I just mean is there a Lego museum or similar to visit and a decent public transport network as otherwise I am just literally visiting a shop.

It looks like public transportation is fairly easy, but do remember to update with the actual dates you are planning. Also, the Lego Store is located inside Lego House, you should spend some hours touring that while you are there - its great fun! And there is a museum in the basement, don't forget about that. But make sure Lego House is open on the day you plan to visit, and it's recommended to buy the entrance ticket in advance, as there is only a certain amount of tickets for each day. Other than Lego House, you could stroll around the city center and see a lot of Lego buildings from the outside, including the original building (that they made the Exclusive Set #4000007 from). 

LEGO House is certainly worth visiting. "History Museum" in basement is kind of museum by itself. You need to buy ticket, but it's not so expensive and worth buying. While there, you could also buy rare "tree of creativity" and the other (old version) LEGO House sets. You could also visit LEGOLAND for free for last hour and a half (Legoland closes at 6PM and rides stop at 5PM, but you can enter free from 4:30 PM, maybe catch a ride or two and spend the last hour touring miniland models).

How would I do it:

Arrival 9:58 (checkout is very fast there)

10:15 Catch the bus to City Centre 

10:30 Go to LEGO House and make the tour (5 hours  should be enoug)

15:30 Go to LEGO Store in LEGO House and buy the sets

16:00 Walk to LEGOLAND (It's not far)

16:30 Enter LEGOLAND

18:00 Exit LEGOLAND and Walk to LaLandia for Lunch/Dinner

20:00 Go to Airport, Check In etc...

22:00 Depart

Budget LEGO Day :)

Has anyone heard any rumors regarding the Las Vegas skyline and it's release date?  I have seen many different ones, but imagine that the September one might be the right date at this point with the release of the Great Wall and Statue of Liberty on Friday.

On 2018-05-30 at 12:33 PM, Herky said:

the release of the Great Wall and Statue of Liberty on Friday.

I can't buy the Great Wall in Canada. On lego website says August 1. 

Even on USA site too 

Meanwhile rest of world says June 1 and is available for purchase 

I'm planning on going Monday for the Statue of Liberty. I would go today but the Hans Christian Anderson book promotion starts Monday with a £65 spend (UK).

I really want the new Great Wall of China too but it would break my architecture rule that I need to visit before buying.

2 hours ago, Steve309 said:

I can't buy the Great Wall in Canada. On lego website says August 1. 

Even on USA site too 

Meanwhile rest of world says June 1 and is available for purchase 

I can't get the Great Wall either, that is pretty interesting.  I am kind of annoyed at this set, to really make it nice, I think you will need a minimum of two.  They should have just made it bigger with one more tower and done a $65 price tag.  I am sure there will be people who buy 10 sets and really do a Great Wall, just not in my budget but I will try to get two of them.  I wonder why they aren't allowing North America to get this set.

just got my statue of liberty delivered right now!  Its always fun to get packages delivered at work (things go missing at my apt building too often) because it feels like christmas!  

Looking forward to putting it together this weekend.

So I feel that our theme is set for 2018.  Great Wall, June 1 for most of the world and Aug 1 for the North America, then September with the Vegas Skyline.  Really disappointed we didn't get a 10 year anniversary set for this line though.  Interested in 2019 already, I feel they need more sets in this line, I would love to see about 8 sets put out next year, or at a minimum at least one every other month.

On 6/15/2018 at 6:41 PM, Herky said:

So I feel that our theme is set for 2018.  Great Wall, June 1 for most of the world and Aug 1 for the North America, then September with the Vegas Skyline.  Really disappointed we didn't get a 10 year anniversary set for this line though.  Interested in 2019 already, I feel they need more sets in this line, I would love to see about 8 sets put out next year, or at a minimum at least one every other month.

What landmarks would you want to see? 

OK, this may sound insane but one I would like to see is a natural formation...Uluru/Ayers Rock from Australia.  It would translate to Lego in an interesting way.  Granted that is outside the norm, but I know there are other threads about this out there too.

On 6/17/2018 at 7:46 AM, Legoginge said:

Golden Gate Bridge

Stonehenge

Angkor Wat

Victoria Falls

On 4/28/2018 at 5:49 PM, LegoModularFan said:

I can't believe the Statue of Liberty is an official set, it's so incredibly detailed! It's a fantastic parts pack as well with so many sand green coming! :moar: 

Unless you've picked it up already, here's a great parts-based overview of the set by New Elementary:

New Elementary - LEGO® ARCHITECTURE 21042 STATUE OF LIBERTY: THE NEW PARTS 

On 6/17/2018 at 1:46 AM, Legoginge said:

How about the former Cincinnati Union Terminal:classic:

Terminal

2 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Meh. That's just a poor man's Trevi Fountain :wink:

Well, the fountain in front of the Terminal isn't what interests me as much, as it's the Art Deco Terminal itself that does. A fun fact regarding the Terminal, is that it's the architectural inspiration for DC Comics' Hall of Justice first seen in the Super Friends TV show from the 1970's.

By the way, another train station I'd like to see for the Architecture theme is Helsinki Central Station in Finland, an early architectural example of Art Deco. :classic:

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

A fun fact regarding the Terminal, is that it's the architectural inspiration for DC Comics' Hall of Justice first seen in the Super Friends TV show from the 1970's.

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw it, guess that makes me pretty old these days.  I wonder what inspired the Hall of Doom.

On 6/17/2018 at 2:46 AM, Legoginge said:

I would like to see the seven ancient wonders of the world. 

5 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I would like to see the seven ancient wonders of the world. 

I second that. Even the last one still in existence would be a nice - if not exactly challenging - build.

You could then have the "modern" day wonders, of which Lego have already done two (Taj Mahal rerelease and the new GWOC).

Taj is not in the Architecture Line, though. 

I know that they won‘t do religious Buildings, but within this line they could do some relevant i.e. churches like sagrada familia or peters church in rome for the landmark series. 

Technically Taj is a religious building.  Research it and there are all sorts of religious connotations with the building.  Guess Lego just thought it was a tomb maybe.  

Hi everyone, I'm new to Eurobricks but am already impressed with the content on here. I've just googled images of the LV and Shanghi skylines and the look awesome!

I wondered if someone could help, I'm trying to find some Architect men Minifigures and have been searching high and low but can't seem to find any anywhere. I've just made one up on MINIFIGS.ME but it's cost around £17 with delivery. I actually need around 50 of these minifigures as it's for my daughters uni project. Does anyone have any suggestions on suppliers or websites I could speak to please?

Many thanks