Kaanere

Discussion: LEGO Architecture 2018

@Mrlegonut Hi! I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly... are you looking to order multiple copies of a custom printed Lego figure? You could try talking to minifigs.me, ask what they would charge for a large run of identical figures. You'd maybe get a discounted rate, but custom printing of Lego bricks is always going to be expensive.

Or are you just looking for a way to get about 50 Lego figures? You can buy individual parts via bricklink, such as torsos, legs and heads.  The choice is overwhelming, bricklink lists every part ever made, and some are rarer than others.  My favourite "designer" type figure came with a speed champions car: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sc052&#T=I

Note that if you know which set a minifigure part comes from, you can sometimes order direct from Lego via their customer service "Lego Bricks and Pieces".

Just curious, but what does the minifigs.me figure you ordered look like? I know some professions have stereotypical outfits, e.g. Scientists in lab coats, divers in wet suits, but what does an architect look like?

Hey @Mrlegonut, welcome here!

the only Minifigure that has appeared in an architecture set is this one: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=gen054&name=LEGO House Minifig&category=[(Other)]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

Depending on how you want the minifigures to look like, it is probably easier to make your own figs by ordering parts and utensils from either bricklink, Lego Pick-A-Brick or Lego Bricks and Pieces!

If you give us more detailed information I'm sure you will get more help.

Edited by julesvincent

On 6/27/2018 at 9:24 AM, julesvincent said:

I know that they won‘t do religious Buildings, but within this line they could do some relevant i.e. churches like sagrada familia or peters church in rome for the landmark series. 

21026 Venice had St. Marks Basilica, though.

1 hour ago, Kaanere said:

21026 Venice had St. Marks Basilica, though.

Exactly: TLG won't release a church as part of the city line, nor would they release a generic tank & soldiers set, since those go against their guidelines. But if a religious / military topic is relevant for a pop-cultural or architectural reason? Fair game. We've got the Taj Mahal, St. Mark's, clone troopers, even Nazis in the Indiana Jones line. There's nothing stopping TLG from producing a "regular" Architecture set featuring a church.

Sometimes the architectural value needs to outweigh any religious concerns. Notrè-Dâme and St Paul's for example.

But, now we have a render of what it will eventually look like, I really hope the theme will release a large-scale Sagrada Familia. Preferably long before the real thing is completed in 2026.

Edited by Lucarex

On 27/4/2018 at 16:10, Fairsy said:

¿Es muy difícil de conseguir Lego Casa de Billund? Le faltan en mi colección y costoso en línea - 120 £ +

Puedo volar en Billund desde bastante cerca de mi casa por alrededor de £ 50 mismo retorno día - será más barato que hacer esto y comprarlo por ahí y ¿hay algo de Lego pena visitar allí si tuviera que hacer esto?

Además, no lo que yo quiero hacer, pero ¿cuál es la disponibilidad similar, es decir, podría comprar 3 y vender un par para ayudar a financiar el gasto de ir por ahí?

Is this set still on sale? Can you get it in Billund? I've been looking for it on the Lego website and it does not appear. I will go to Billund next year and I would like to know if the set is sold there or is retired ...

For those who have been able to get it, is it worth getting 2 Great Wall's to make it a bigger build or just stick to 1?

On 7/22/2018 at 11:33 PM, APR5566 said:

Is this set still on sale? Can you get it in Billund? I've been looking for it on the Lego website and it does not appear. I will go to Billund next year and I would like to know if the set is sold there or is retired ...

For both of you: 

I went to Billund last month. Lego land+ Lego house are amazing. There were about 60+ Lego House sets and the same amount of treehouse of creativity. I believe the limit for purchase is three.

Also, there is the Billund airport architecture set which I didn’t see but is sold in the airport. 

Edited by Lego-fire

Thanks . I hope that it will continue next year. im interested in Billund airport too.

Billund Airport is a micro set and not really part of the Architecture line, it is one of those special sets that begin with the 4 numbers...Some of those are very pricey.

So according to some leaker over on Instagram, our next skyline sets for 2019 will be 21043 San Francisco and 21044 Paris, with the former listed at a MSRP of $29.99.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So according to some leaker over on Instagram, our next skyline sets for 2019 will be 21043 San Francisco and 21044 Paris, with the former listed at a MSRP of $29.99.

Excite! I've wanted those two for ages!

San Francisco will be something to behold. Paris...Eiffel, Arc, Louvre, what else?

1 hour ago, XAxles said:

San Francisco will be something to behold. Paris...Eiffel, Arc, Louvre, what else?

Grande arc

notre dame 

Sacré-Cœur

I’m trying to figure out San Fran. After that big bridge, what else is iconic about the city? Fisherman’s wharf? Alcatraz? Lombard street? I don’t see the appeal of a skylines set here.  I guess seeing will be believing for me on that one.

2 hours ago, Steve309 said:

Grande arc

notre dame 

Sacré-Cœur

(I think you meant Grande Arche ?)

Notre-Dame and the Sacré-Cœur are religious buildings, which makes them unlikely, unfortunately. The colourful Centre Pompidou could work well in Lego, but could be hard to get right at such a small scale. The Place de la Concorde, with its obelisk, would be easier to build.

2 hours ago, Leewan said:

Notre-Dame and the Sacré-Cœur are religious buildings, which makes them unlikely, unfortunately. 

Venice and St Mark's Basilica say otherwise.

Think we'll see ND myself, along with La Defense Arch, Tour Eiffel/Arc de T and a tiny Louvre with glass pyramid

Edited by Lucarex

4 hours ago, KevinMD said:

I’m trying to figure out San Fran. After that big bridge, what else is iconic about the city? Fisherman’s wharf? Alcatraz? Lombard street? I don’t see the appeal of a skylines set here.  I guess seeing will be believing for me on that one.

Transamerica Pyramid? Coit Tower? Maybe even some of the Painted Ladies...

4 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Venice and St Mark's Basilica say otherwise.

Think we'll see ND myself, along with La Defense Arch, Tour Eiffel/Arc de T and a tiny Louvre with glass pyramid

Ah, true. Shanghai has temples too, so maybe Notre-Dame is possible after all...

Brick Architect was one of the sites lucky enough to receive and advanced copy of the new #21047 Las Vegas Skyline set.  I thought my friends at eurobricks might want to be the first to learn more about the set, the number of pieces, MSRP, and my overall impressions.

opengraph-21047_Las_Vegas.jpg

In brief summary, it's 501 pieces, 39.99€, and it's a pretty good addition to the series.  It's not as good as the recent #21039 Shanghai Skyline set, but better than many other sets in the series.

Link to full review: http://brickarchitect.com/2018/review-21047-las-vegas-skyline/

Sincerely,

---tom

Nice review @henrysunset

For me, even if I ignore the dubious architectural value of a city as insipid and soulless as Las Vegas, the Bellagio is a nice improvement but the set remains let down by that awful Wynn build.